Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 43 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 91 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 95 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 103 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 114 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 118 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 126 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 195 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 402 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::db_connect() should be compatible with vB_Database::db_connect($servername, $port, $username, $password, $usepconnect) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::select_db_wrapper() should be compatible with vB_Database::select_db_wrapper($database = '', $link = NULL) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2330 Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1505 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Session::fetch_substr_ip() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1589 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Shutdown::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2333 Where will you be on April 10, 2009? [Archive] - CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group

PDA

View Full Version : Where will you be on April 10, 2009?

handmaid
2nd May 2007, 04:59 AM
I'm sure everyone must be giving this some thought, "What are you going to be doing and where are you planning to be for The Warning?" What do you recommend, Ron. For instance, should we plan to spend the day in an Adoration Chapel or would we miss the sign of the Angel? Should we plan ahead to gather family members together, especially those who still reject God, so as to give them support after what will be a troubling experience? Has anyone made any decisions for themselves yet? Obviously we have some time to plan for it, but family gatherings need lead time to fit into people's busy lives. Any thoughts on this?

Rob
2nd May 2007, 12:29 PM
For some reason I thought I might spend the whole day inside a confessional with a priest and wait...that would seem the best thing to do but really there is plently of time for spiritual growth, so time will tell. I think that as more time passes and I become more mature I'll get a better idea of what exactly to do on that day and where to be. I only wish I could alert as many people as possible before that day.

God bless

Ron Conte
2nd May 2007, 12:40 PM
April 10th, 2009 is Good Friday.

I'll let Providence and grace guide me as to where to be and what to do.

Ron

sammy
2nd May 2007, 02:57 PM
at home with my wife and children.

themilitantcatholic
2nd May 2007, 03:05 PM
For instance, should we plan to spend the day in an Adoration Chapel Any thoughts on this?

Adoration ends on Holy Thursday at 12:00pm noon, and begins again on Easter Sunday, there is no Adoration on Good Friday.

On Good Friday, I always go to a Shrine that is near my house, they have a Church, a Chapel, two Grottos - one for Jesus, one for Our Blessed Lady, and the Stations of the Cross. I always do the Stations of the Cross, visit the Grottos along with the Church and Chapel.

Rob
2nd May 2007, 03:26 PM
Adoration ends on Holy Thursday at 12:00pm noon, and begins again on Easter Sunday, there is no Adoration on Good Friday.

Are you sure about that? Adoration continues until the beginning of Good Friday liturgy which is usually officiated in the afternoon. So there is time for adoration on Friday morning. The adoration ends up before the Good Friday liturgy when it is replaced with the veneration of the cross. This is what happens here in Italy, perhaps it's different in the US?

Climacus Areopagite
2nd May 2007, 04:10 PM
If I am still working the job I am working, and living where I am living I will probably take a weeks vacation maybe starting on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Ron Conte
2nd May 2007, 04:23 PM
I think the custom in many diocese in the U.S. is that there is no Eucharist in the tabernacle from the end of adoration on Thurs. evening until about the time of the vigil Mass on Easter Sunday.

However, this is to some extent a matter of prudential judgment (applied wisdom) and not doctrine.

Ron

sweet basil
2nd May 2007, 04:41 PM
We usually go on vacation during Easter break but I am thinking of staying home for the next two years. I would like to take advantage of all the activities the church has to offer at that time and leave it up to God as to where exactly I'll be that day in 2009.

CRW
2nd May 2007, 06:26 PM
I pray that it will occur during The Veneration of the Cross; 3 PM central time. I do not have confidence in our priest taking this totally seriously as the day of the Warning and will follow the guidelines on striping the altar after The Last Supper Mass on Thursday. Also, since there is no mass on Good Friday, it will be extremely difficult, maybe even for priest, to recover from the Warning.

Cecil

Padraig
2nd May 2007, 07:21 PM
I will go up the mountain with the dog to avoid the screaming.

Brother
2nd May 2007, 07:25 PM
I have not planned where to go or what to do.

I just hope to be on a state of grace doing what I'm called to do specially on that day and on the day of my death. In other words, having my lamp ready everyday which is what every Catholic Christian is called to do.

Brother
2nd May 2007, 07:27 PM
I will go up the mountain with the dog to avoid the screaming.

Well, you got me an idea now!

:mrgreen:

untamed_angel
2nd May 2007, 07:57 PM
The children will be on holiday from school so they will be with me. I will be in a chapel hopefully on Maunday Thursday. As long as I am with my children I will trust God I will be where he wants me to be.

Here the Blessed Sacrament is still in the tabernacle (closed)until the end of the night prayers around 10pm on Thursday night. Then the Blessed Sacrament is removed and not replaced until the Easter vigil. We only have morning prayers that day, then the Mass of the Last Supper at 3 and then 6. The Holy Water fonts are empty and the Church is stripped bare with all Crosses and statues covered until the Easter vigil.

Joey
2nd May 2007, 10:37 PM
Padraig,
I'll meet you up on Croagh Patrick and I promise not to scream:)

Seriously, I'll be at Good Friday services from noon until 1:30 and will remain at church for an extended visit. I will invite my family to do the same but it is their choice, of course. I have a feeling that many people will be joining me when God speaks to us. I still cannot even fathom what a gift this is.

themilitantcatholic
3rd May 2007, 03:25 AM
Are you sure about that? Adoration continues until the beginning of Good Friday liturgy which is usually officiated in the afternoon. So there is time for adoration on Friday morning. The adoration ends up before the Good Friday liturgy when it is replaced with the veneration of the cross. This is what happens here in Italy, perhaps it's different in the US?

This is how they do it at the Adoration Chapel that I attend, it may be different at other Chapels here in the U.S., I can find out.

I'm planning a trip to Italy, around September 08.
I have never been there, my great grandfather built a shrine in Frosinone.
He was from San Stefano. I am hoping to find it. I have pictures of it.

Jose
3rd May 2007, 04:52 AM
Ron, how certain are you this will take place? 100%, 90% etc, on this date? Do you have any alternative dates? My concern, if we go shouting on rooftops to the world, and the dates are off, we will just be looked at as those nutty groups of Catholics. Could this happen 5, 10, years later, or do the conditions only point for this time period only. Thanks.

MARIAN
3rd May 2007, 08:33 AM
I have the same concern that it may not be prudent to say the warning is happening on that date to the sceptical because I dont believe anyone can be 100% about dates and then its damaging to those of weak faith.
O will light a blessed candle in my house as I do every good friday and I will attend the church services. I hope to have all my family around at that time.
Mary

Ron Conte
3rd May 2007, 11:46 AM
I can't really express my certainty as a percentage.
If you have some skepticism or cautiousness about that date,
I don't mind.
This date for the Warning is not an article of Faith.
As far as human knowledge is concerned, I'm firmly convinced
of that date and of my timeline as a whole.

I don't recommend telling non-believers; they will not believe
in the Warning at all, nor in God's direct intervention in human
affairs.

I only discuss these matters with Catholics who have some
understanding of eschatology, or of Medjugorje and Garabandal;
other Catholics are not prepared for this kind of information.

Ron

DiAZ216
3rd May 2007, 01:29 PM
I agree we shouldn't talk about the Warning to non-believers -- they won't believe it. Even your average Catholic will be skeptical I think. I only discuss these things with people who believe in prophecy.

I don’t remember where I read this, so I apologize for not giving a reference and credit:

A long time ago, there were three men who undertook a pilgrimage to visit a very wise and devout monk in a monastery in a far away land. The men traveled many weeks and days, and endured many hardships. Finally, tired and hungry, they arrived at the monastery and inquired as to the monk. “Oh yes, said the monk who greeted them. I know the brother you seek. He is working in the garden.” And he took the men to the garden, and introduced them to the monk, who was hoeing weeds. The wise monk greeted the men, and then went back to hoeing weeds. The men were very surprised as they had expected to find the monk in the chapel deep in prayer. One of the men asked the monk why he was working in the garden rather than in prayer or study. The monk politely explained that the rule of his order was to work one hour every day in the garden, and so every day he hoed weeds in the garden for one hour; and then the monk continued with his work hoeing weeds. The men thought about this for a few minutes, and then one of them asked the monk, “If you knew you were going to die in five minutes, what would you do?” Without hesitation, the monk smiled and answered, “I would continue to hoe weeds in the garden.” Then he returned to his work. This surprised the men as they expected to hear that he would run to the chapel or fall on his knees where he was and pray fervently to God. The monk could see the men’s surprise and confusion, and he said to them, “It is the rule of my order to work in the garden for one hour every day, and so I work in the garden every day for one hour. If I did not believe this is important and the right thing for me to be doing, I should not be doing it now. And if I believe it is my duty, then I should fulfill it.” And the monk returned to hoeing weeds…

None of us knows if we will be on this earth five minutes from now, so we should be living every minute as if it were our last, fulfilling the duties of our particular station in life as best we can.

Darrell

Rob
3rd May 2007, 03:02 PM
This is how they do it at the Adoration Chapel that I attend, it may be different at other Chapels here in the U.S., I can find out.

I'm planning a trip to Italy, around September 08.
I have never been there, my great grandfather built a shrine in Frosinone.
He was from San Stefano. I am hoping to find it. I have pictures of it.

Yes, the adoration services differ from one country to the other.

Interesting, so you're going to Lazio. Make sure you visit the Sanctuary of "Our Lady of th Snow" in Frosinone. Are you planning to visit Rome as well? Shouldn't miss a visit to the eternal city although you'll need at least one week to see every monument in Rome.:D What kind of shrine did your great-grandfather build, if I may ask?

God bless

Roberto

js1975
3rd May 2007, 05:09 PM
I don't think you can plan anything, because there are 24 hours in the day. I would love to be capable of timing where I want to be when it occurs, but I think that in doing so I may be working against God's will. I too will depend on my faith for timing.

I am going to inform only fairly strong Catholics I know prior to the Warning. I initially wanted to send an email to everyone I know after the Warning, but I am assuming that I will still be in good spirits capable of writing an email. It may be so sorrowful and painful that I will not be able to do anything but to pray in my room for a week. Just in case I am going to draft an email ahead of time, so that if I am able I can just hit, 'send'.

trswago
3rd May 2007, 06:15 PM
I'll be were I'll be.... I'll just say were I don't want to be !!!
A plane, a train, a bus............................................... ......the toilet.

The Pines
3rd May 2007, 09:39 PM
Maybe we could all meet at The Pines in Garabandal????

CRW
4th May 2007, 03:10 AM
A little picture I painted while thinking about the warning tonight; click to enlarge image.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/855/warningve8.th.jpg (http://img407.imageshack.us/my.php?image=warningve8.jpg)

Cecil

Therese
4th May 2007, 09:14 AM
Like Ron, I will leave that in God's hands

themilitantcatholic
5th May 2007, 02:42 PM
Interesting, so you're going to Lazio. Make sure you visit the Sanctuary of "Our Lady of th Snow" in Frosinone. Are you planning to visit Rome as well? Shouldn't miss a visit to the eternal city although you'll need at least one week to see every monument in Rome.:D What kind of shrine did your great-grandfather build, if I may ask?

I'll make sure I visit "Our Lady of the Snow"
Yes, I will visit Rome also.
I'll post pictures of the shrine.

JuanLuis
5th May 2007, 05:46 PM
Don't panic and live your lives as it was your last day, as for the date it coul happen or it could not, Ron is human just as we are, we all can make mistakes:confused: What if tomorrow the warning was about to occurr-would you be ready?

Ron Conte
5th May 2007, 06:25 PM
I think that some skeptism regarding my preditions is useful and good.

However, it is not true that the Warning and the Miracle could happen at any time at all, as if God has not yet decided, or as if God has decided arbitrarily. If the dates were not related to the liturgical calendar, then these events would tend to draw people away from the Church (something that God would not intend).

The dates must coincide with the liturgical calendary, otherwise some persons might turn these events into a religion unto themselves. The events are so extraordinary and so powerful that persons who are weak in intellect or faith may try to interpret these events in order to invent a new religion. But if the dates coincide with the Catholic Church's liturgical calendar, then such attempts would certainly fail.

Climacus Areopagite
7th May 2007, 04:25 PM
I think that some skeptism regarding my preditions is useful and good.

However, it is not true that the Warning and the Miracle could happen at any time at all, as if God has not yet decided, or as if God has decided arbitrarily. If the dates were not related to the liturgical calendar, then these events would tend to draw people away from the Church (something that God would not intend).

The dates must coincide with the liturgical calendary, otherwise some persons might turn these events into a religion unto themselves. The events are so extraordinary and so powerful that persons who are weak in intellect or faith may try to interpret these events in order to invent a new religion. But if the dates coincide with the Catholic Church's liturgical calendar, then such attempts would certainly fail.

Amen to that. I have noticed recently, that God is very precise.

untamed_angel
9th May 2007, 08:56 PM
I agree about the events coinciding with the liturgical calender.

garabandalg
15th May 2007, 06:26 AM
I'm sure everyone must be giving this some thought, "What are you going to be doing and where are you planning to be for The Warning?" What do you recommend, Ron. For instance, should we plan to spend the day in an Adoration Chapel or would we miss the sign of the Angel? Should we plan ahead to gather family members together, especially those who still reject God, so as to give them support after what will be a troubling experience? Has anyone made any decisions for themselves yet? Obviously we have some time to plan for it, but family gatherings need lead time to fit into people's busy lives. Any thoughts on this?

I think that I will do my best to be with those I love in prayer. What I say next may be sinful, but there is one person that I would not warn about the warning simply because either she would not believe me or because such a warning would only allow her to somewhat avoid the wakeup call that she needs to perhaps change the way she treats others. Am I wrong in feeling this way?

js1975
15th May 2007, 12:29 PM
I don't think it is wrong. I feel the same way to some degree. I am considering many different people and how they would best be able to respond to the Warning. My biggest fear is that these people will reject the Warning, which will lead to their demise. What can be said to anyone to help them be capable of receiving this event?

There are some cases where my heart is hardened towards someone too. I pray that God has mercy on my, and ask for the grace to love these people. I force myself to pray for these people and I feel my heart start to give in and change towards a more loving disposition.

In either case, I would venture to guess that the Warning will have just the same ouch-factor whether you know it is coming or not. The question is how you handle the pain/suffering for those 2-3 days until Easter.