Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 43 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 91 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 95 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 103 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 114 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 118 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 126 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 195 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 402 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::db_connect() should be compatible with vB_Database::db_connect($servername, $port, $username, $password, $usepconnect) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::select_db_wrapper() should be compatible with vB_Database::select_db_wrapper($database = '', $link = NULL) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2330 Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1505 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Session::fetch_substr_ip() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1589 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Shutdown::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2333 Ron please respond to these links re "Anne" [Archive] - CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group

PDA

View Full Version : Ron please respond to these links re "Anne"

mariateresa
25th June 2007, 05:52 AM
Dear Ron and Forum Members,

I am trying to learn the truth regarding "Anne" and to learn more about private revelations. I'm not here to start any arguments, I only want to learn the truth.
Thank you for your patience!

I would appreciate any feedback regarding these links:

http://www.unitypublishing.com/Apparitions/anna'name.htm

http://www.unitypublishing.com/Apparitions/anneMiravalle.htm

http://www.unitypublishing.com/Apparitions/Anna'sBishop.htm

http://www.unitypublishing.com/Apparitions/anne.htm

Ron Conte
25th June 2007, 01:54 PM
That site attacks many different claimed private revelations, including several I believe are true. The usual approach is to attack the character of the one receiving the claimed private revelation. This is not a valid approach.

1. Saul committed many objective mortal sins, yet he was still given a vision of Christ and a conversation with him on the road to Damascus. If we judge on the basis of character and past sins, we would have to reject Paul. And it is not as if Paul never erred after his conversion. For example, he could be criticized for rejecting Mark, the author of the Gospel:
[Acts]
{15:37} And Barnabas wanted to take John, who was surnamed Mark, with them also.
{15:38} But Paul was saying that he ought not to be received, since he withdrew from them at Pamphylia, and he had not gone with them in the work.

2. Maximin of the La Salette apparitions, after receiving these approved messages, had a wandering, difficult, and unsuccessful life with many mistakes, including leaving the seminary. Melanie of La Salette was in and out of the religious life, failing in repeated attempts to become a religious. Yet the apparitions at La Salette are approved.

3. the mistake here is confusing "the call to perform a specific service with the guarantee of a special sanctity." Visionaries are not necessarily Saints.

4. Anne's messages are approved by her Bishop. I find no heresy in them. I find no indicators of false private revelation. In the subtle, yet profound wisdom of her messages, I recognize the words of Jesus and Mary.

I would encourage you not to read articles on that site any more.

Ron