Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 43 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 91 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 95 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 103 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 114 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 118 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 126 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 195 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 402 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::db_connect() should be compatible with vB_Database::db_connect($servername, $port, $username, $password, $usepconnect) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::select_db_wrapper() should be compatible with vB_Database::select_db_wrapper($database = '', $link = NULL) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2330 Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1505 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Session::fetch_substr_ip() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1589 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Shutdown::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2333 Why do all the saints sound alike and other questions re "Anne" [Archive] - CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group

PDA

View Full Version : Why do all the saints sound alike and other questions re "Anne"

mariateresa
6th July 2007, 09:16 PM
Ron, Thank you so much for this forum. I am finding it to be a great place to help learn discernment. I trust that I will get helpful feedback regarding the following questions that I continue to have regarding "Anne":

In "Anne's" books, why do all the saints sound the same? I have read St. Faustina's Diary and the St. Faustina speaking in "Anne's" books doesn't sound like St. Faustina. Everyone sounds the same to me. They all sound like nirvana (if that's the right term to put it in?).

"Anne" allegedly receives messages from God. However, I have never read about a saint who received messages from God or from other saints for that matter. It has always been either Jesus and/or Mary or the person's guardian angel. (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.)

The description of purgatory in "Anne's" book, THE MIST OF MERCY, is different from anything I have ever read written by a saint regarding purgatory.

The description of heaven in "Anne's" book, CLIMBING THE MOUNTAIN, disturbed me very much. I hate to say it, but if that is what heaven is like, I'm depressed about it and I won't say the other thing I'm thinking... I also had bad dreams after reading this section of the book. You know the Bible states in 1 Corinthians 2:9 (KJV) that "Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." And the CCC 1027 states, "This mystery of blessed communion with God and all who are in Christ is beyond all understanding and description." So that being said, how can "Anne" have experienced these descriptions of heaven?

Okay, now to the picture being promoted by "Anne" and DFOT, "Jesus Christ the Returning King". Isn't this detracting from the picture we should really be venerating that of the Divine Mercy?

Also, it has been written in the DFOT newsletter that graces are attached to reading the newsletter and the books. Couldn't that just be a way of getting people to read the newsletter and the books?

Now, I know you can say to me that I can let all this go because it is not a requirement of faith, but I'd really like to discern the truth here.

Thanks Ron and Forum Members!

DiAZ216
6th July 2007, 11:15 PM
MariaTeresa,

I appreciate your concerns with "Anne"

When I first read the "Volumes," I very much felt Jesus speaking to me in my heart. Then I had the same concerns as you. I trust Ron's judgement in these things, and I realize "Anne" is human and her understanding is limited, as are her words (human language).

Now, I am not certain... On one hand, the messages convey a profound level of spirituality and understanding (for example, the Sept. 3, 2005 message). On the other hand,a few things about a very, very few of the messages disturb me. It occurrs to me that this could be a problem of the inadequacy of language, and it could also be a lack of understanding on my part.

I also understand that even if these messages are not true private revelation, God can use them to speak to the faithful seeking to do His will. I do not follow messages to "Anne" any longer, and most of my reading these days is from the Bible and the Catechism.

Darrell

Ron Conte
7th July 2007, 12:35 PM
My theological opinion is that her messages are from Heaven.
But it is not my place to defend every word that is in her messages.

If you don't find the messages of Anne helpful, then don't read them.

Ron