Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 43 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 91 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 95 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 103 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 114 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 118 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 126 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 195 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 402 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::db_connect() should be compatible with vB_Database::db_connect($servername, $port, $username, $password, $usepconnect) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::select_db_wrapper() should be compatible with vB_Database::select_db_wrapper($database = '', $link = NULL) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2330 Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1505 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Session::fetch_substr_ip() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1589 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Shutdown::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2333 August message to Anne, the lay apostle [Archive] - CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group

PDA

View Full Version : August message to Anne, the lay apostle

Joey
1st August 2007, 04:44 PM
On the first of every month, Our Lord gives Anne a new message about
His
call to service.

August 1, 2007

Jesus

A small child often prays that God will help him to be good. This
prayer
is pleasing to God. Indeed, which prayer is more pleasing? A child
prays
this prayer in humility and simplicity from a pure heart seeking even
greater purity. It is this purity of heart that all apostles must seek.
Each day should be filled with brief prayers of this kind. If an
apostle
wishes to reside with the Father, that apostle must become the child of
the Father. God has no equal. Do not seek greatness. Seek goodness. My
beloved ones, you know that I love you and that I am grateful for your
service. You know that I am pleased with your progress. Do you wonder
why
your Jesus calls you constantly further into holiness? Do I do this for
My
benefit? Yes. I do. I take great joy in seeing you advance, it is true.
And
yet, it is for your own personal benefit, also, that I call you to
strive
for higher heights. I want you to become as holy as you can. As your
holiness increases, my friends, so does your peace. As your peace
increases, so does the peace in this world. It is for many reasons, all
similar to these, that I beckon you to come further and further into My
heart. You are called to come closer to Me and move further from
distractions. You turn your face toward heaven and in doing so you turn
your face away from the world, which seeks to draw you away from Me.
For
today, pledge your allegiance to the Father and then strive to become
holier. “Father, help me to be good.” In each moment of your life
there is
an opportunity for goodness. Find the opportunities and try. Exert
yourself, my beloved ones. Work for your holiness. If you were
participating in a game, you would try to win. I want you to
participate
in your movement to holiness. I want you to make efforts throughout
each
day to choose the holiest course. I am with you in each moment, helping
you. If you, my beloved apostles, will work with Me to become holier, I
can reach others through you. But that is My affair. Your affair is to
try
to become as holy as possible. Have no fear. You are loved.

Love The Fisherman
2nd August 2007, 10:20 AM
What is meant by this:

"If you, my beloved apostles, will work with Me to become holier, I
try
to become as holy as possible. Have no fear. You are loved."

Is this just a bad translation? Only the Holy Spirit can make us 'Holy'. There is no such thing as 'Holier'. I think?

Ron Conte
2nd August 2007, 12:17 PM
Holiness is a matter of degree.
Some Saints are holier than others.
Each person on earth can grow in holiness and in closeness to God.

js1975
2nd August 2007, 01:42 PM
If you, my beloved apostles, will work with Me to become holier, I
try to become as holy as possible. Have no fear. You are loved.

One thing I have been pondering is the possibilities that exist surrounding this quote.

First, It sounds to me like Jesus does not want us to be overwhelmed and instead of taking on the task of helping ourselves and others to become holy, we should just focus on our own journey towards holiness.

What I wonder is how He will reach others through us. I figure two ways: first, through our example. Second, through our sacrifices.

Sound right?

-jay

Love The Fisherman
3rd August 2007, 10:26 AM
Holiness is a matter of degree.
Some Saints are holier than others.
Each person on earth can grow in holiness and in closeness to God.

Hi Ron,
I tought being Holy was a bit like being Pregnant. You either are or you aint! You cant be a little bit pregnant; you cant be a little bit holy? Its one of those words (its a superlative in itself). You cant get better than Holy. Im confused.
Tomás

Ron Conte
3rd August 2007, 02:26 PM
Hi Ron,
I tought being Holy was a bit like being Pregnant. You either are or you aint! You cant be a little bit pregnant; you cant be a little bit holy? Its one of those words (its a superlative in itself). You cant get better than Holy. Im confused.
Tomás

You are very much mistaken. The Church teaches us to grow in holiness. Jesus himself, in his human nature, grew in holiness:
[Lk]
{2:52} And Jesus advanced in wisdom, and in age, and in grace, with God and men.

The human nature of Jesus as a child was perfect in holiness, but the perfect holiness of a mature adult is greater than the perfect holiness of a child.

In general, Saints are holier than Blesseds, and Blesseds are holier than Venerables.

And consider that John the Baptist was holier than the other prophets.

[Mt]
{11:9} Then what did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I tell you, and more than a prophet.
{11:10} For this is he, of whom it is written: ‘Behold, I send my Angel before your face, who shall prepare your way before you.’
{11:11} Amen I say to you, among those born of women, there has arisen no one greater than John the Baptist. Yet the least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

And consider that, out of all the Old Testament prophets, Moses was the holiest:
[Deut]
{34:9} Truly, Joshua, the son of Nun, was filled with the spirit of wisdom, for Moses had laid his hands upon him. And the sons of Israel were obedient to him, and they did as the Lord instructed Moses.
{34:10} And no other prophet rose up in Israel like Moses, one whom the Lord knew face to face,
{34:11} one with all the signs and wonders, which he sent through him, to perform in the land of Egypt, against Pharaoh, and all his servants, and his entire land,
{34:12} nor one with such a powerful hand and such great miracles as Moses did in the sight of all Israel.

Joshua was holy, but Moses was holier.

Certainly we are all called to grow in holiness continually.

garabandalg
4th August 2007, 06:15 AM
Hi Ron,
Tomás

I think that the devil wants us to see holiness in such a yes or no way because if, as Ron has reminded us, we can constantly grow in holiness, then there is always reason to reject sin, to improve beyond our present good and to reach for a God Who is always reaching out to us as in the Creation masterpiece in the Vatican.

js1975
5th August 2007, 07:28 PM
One of the first books I read when rediscovering myself was Ascent of Mount Carmel, St. John of the Cross.

It seems to be such a great analogy to me to say that our lives provide us the opportunity to walk up Mount Carmel. Life is uphill, difficult, and never ceasing. We imitate Christ because we follow his steps, and carry our own cross as he did. We are happy at each step we notice because we are growing in holiness, and if we are lucky, we see that our actions please Him. Some choose not to walk up the Mount, and therefore do not grow in holiness. They do not have the uphill spiritual struggle, but they are also not growing in joy either.

garabandalg
9th August 2007, 06:18 PM
One of the first books I read when rediscovering myself was Ascent of Mount Carmel, St. John of the Cross.

It seems to be such a great analogy to me to say that our lives provide us the opportunity to walk up Mount Carmel. Life is uphill, difficult, and never ceasing. We imitate Christ because we follow his steps, and carry our own cross as he did. We are happy at each step we notice because we are growing in holiness, and if we are lucky, we see that our actions please Him. Some choose not to walk up the Mount, and therefore do not grow in holiness. They do not have the uphill spiritual struggle, but they are also not growing in joy either.

There are stations of the cross at the pines in Garabandal which run uphill to the pines themselves. One walks up rocks with only thorns to hold if one needs to. I cannot think of a better metaphor for following Christ than an uphill via dolorosa where thorns are our only handle as we look upward toward growth.

js1975
10th August 2007, 01:35 AM
great metaphor. I hope to be able to see that myself, someday. I hope that I will be there for the Warning, but it's out of my control so I can only wait to see....

thanks,
jay

garabandalg
11th August 2007, 05:53 AM
If God Wills it, you will be there; just ask God to help you be there someday, if not at the Warning. I too would love to get back there, but who knows?