Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 43 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 91 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 95 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 103 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 114 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 118 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 126 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 195 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 402 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::db_connect() should be compatible with vB_Database::db_connect($servername, $port, $username, $password, $usepconnect) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::select_db_wrapper() should be compatible with vB_Database::select_db_wrapper($database = '', $link = NULL) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2330 Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1505 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Session::fetch_substr_ip() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1589 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Shutdown::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2333 Garabandal (Espanol) [Archive] - CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group

PDA

View Full Version : Garabandal (Espanol)

JuanLuis
9th August 2007, 02:19 AM
Here is a link that contains the stories of the seers and witness at Garabandal, the clock of the local hour in Garabandal, prayer, videos of the seers, music, and much more!

I hope you enjoyed!;)

JuanLuis
9th August 2007, 02:22 AM
Beautiful song by Fr. Nimal Mendis:

http://www.virgendegarabandal.org/audio/garabandal.mp3

Paul Bellett
9th August 2007, 11:09 AM
Beautiful song by Fr. Nimal Mendis:

http://www.virgendegarabandal.org/audio/garabandal.mp3

Yes, the song sounds quite beautiful, is this the same singer songwriter (Sir Lankan /British) as profiled by Wikipedia?

I find Espanol is a little tricky to understand, although having said that, I did manage to buy some nice Catholic Spanish calenders of the saints from www.ebay.es [España]but not by using www.ebay.com.[USA]
Having http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/ certainly helps with regards to the language barrier problem.

:D

garabandalg
9th August 2007, 11:58 AM
Yes, the song sounds quite beautiful, is this the same singer songwriter (Sir Lankan /British) as profiled by Wikipedia?

I find Espanol is a little tricky to understand, although having said that, I did manage to buy some nice Catholic Spanish calenders of the saints from www.ebay.es [España]but not by using www.ebay.com.[USA]
Having http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/ certainly helps with regards to the language barrier problem.

:D

Any problems or needs requiring Spanish, you can contact me as I am fluent and Colombian.

JuanLuis
9th August 2007, 08:43 PM
the song reminds me of the wrong we been doing.

Paul Bellett
9th August 2007, 10:18 PM
Any problems or needs requiring Spanish, you can contact me as I am fluent and Colombian..

Thanks for your readyness to help. There are several members of this forum including myself, interested in making a pilgrimage to Garabandal.
I originally suggested May 2010 to coinicide with event of 'The Miracle'.
If by God's providence you were to come on the pilgrimage as tour translator, that would be fantastic. :)

garabandalg
11th August 2007, 04:57 AM

Thanks for your readyness to help. There are several members of this forum including myself, interested in making a pilgrimage to Garabandal.
I originally suggested May 2010 to coinicide with event of 'The Miracle'.
If by God's providence you were to come on the pilgrimage as tour translator, that would be fantastic. :)

I would be honored, humbled and thrilled to serve as a translator for anyone from this forum. Let us hope that this all fits in God's plan.

MARIAN
14th August 2007, 03:08 PM
I too wish to go to Garabandal for the great miracle, God willing. I started to promote Garabandal in 70's and I await its fulfillment.
God bless
Mary

js1975
14th August 2007, 03:36 PM
I too hope it is God's will for me to get there someday.

Not too long ago I learned an interesting fact about my Great, Great Uncle (a priest). He was one of the spiritual directors for Conchita. Since learning of this I had a new found interest in the apparition.

-jay

garabandalg
16th August 2007, 02:03 PM

Not too long ago I learned an interesting fact about my Great, Great Uncle (a priest). He was one of the spiritual directors for Conchita. Since learning of this I had a new found interest in the apparition.

-jay

That is awesome! Maybe it is a sign that you will one day pray at the Pines, which I believe is one of the best places on earth to pray.

daytonafreak
16th August 2007, 03:28 PM

-jay

Although not as profound as that, I just learned that my grandfather's brother made a pilgrimage to Medjugorje one time and was cured of a studdering problem he had.

Climacus Areopagite
16th August 2007, 04:30 PM
gosh I would love to go to the Pines, and Medjugorje

DiAZ216
16th August 2007, 05:09 PM
I was just out for my morning walk and Rosary here in the hot, hot Arizona sun, and I just decided that I will plan to take my family to Garabandal for the Miracle, the Day of Healing.

Darrell

Ron Conte
16th August 2007, 08:15 PM
The Day of Repentance (the Warning) - it is not useful to be at Garabandal or Medjugorje on that day, because in that experience each person will be alone with God and their conscience. I suggest remaining at home, close to family, to be of assistance immediately after the event.

The Day of Consolation - same suggestion.

The Day of Healing (the Miracle) - it would be very beneficial to be at the site of a true apparition, where a permanent sign will be, because those present will be almost guaranteed to be healed of whatever ails them. Each person who is ill or injured in other places in the world may or may not be healed according to God's will. Even so, if anyone is truly devoted to evil and yet shows up at the site of a permanent sign on that day, such a person, if unrepentant, will be put to death by God.

There should be places for permanent signs in many places around the world, in case one cannot get to Medjugorje or Garabandal. I intend, God willing, to pick an apparition site in the U.S. to go to for the day of Healing.

CRW
16th August 2007, 08:30 PM
My question: If one, after the warring is completely at peace with our Lord, why would one want to extend his life or be cured from any illness (especially if old), which would only delay the eternal reward. Am I missing something? I personally think that Divine Mercy Sunday is the greatest reward that our Lord could offer.

Cecil

DiAZ216
16th August 2007, 09:23 PM
I was thinking of picking a site in the United States as a backup in case it is not possible to go to Garabandal or Medjugorje. God willing.

Cecil, as for healing, I was thinking more of the spiritual benefit/healing for my family. I would think it would be of enormous spiritual benefit as far as the grace being poured out at these places.

Darrell

CRW
16th August 2007, 09:53 PM
I think our Lord's mercy and grace will flow to all regardless of location, who before, during, or after the warning, truely repent and change to the Word.

Cecil

Ron Conte
16th August 2007, 10:34 PM
The healing on that day, especially for those present at a site of true private revelation, will include spiritual healing and spiritual gifts (stronger faith, love, and hope). So it may be beneficial for the Day of Healing, whereas for the Day of Repentance, it will not be of general benefit.

One should discern the will of God in this matter. And that will be easier after the Warning.

js1975
16th August 2007, 11:22 PM
I just learned that my grandfather's brother made a pilgrimage to Medjugorje one time and was cured of a studdering problem he had.

pretty amazing.

Ron Conte
17th August 2007, 12:18 PM
The Day of Repentance proves that God exists.

The Day of Consolation proves that God is all-knowing and that he understands all our sufferings and failings.

The Day of Healing proves that Catholic Christianity is the truest of all religions, since the Permanent Signs are located only at site of Catholic apparitions of Jesus and/or Mary.

The Day of Healing also proves that God is all-powerful, since so many persons are healed from every kind of illness, injury, and defect.

Brother
17th August 2007, 01:38 PM
I once was chatting with an atheist regarding God and trying to explain him about the miracles our Lord has done to so many people, spiritually, but especially the physical ones (because, for an atheist, these are the kind of miracles they want o see) and he told me that he wouldn’t believe in God or miracles unless he sees that for a person who has lost his entire arm, God makes him grow back a new one. Wow, I said to myself, he asked a lot of proof there. I know God can do that easily; however, would God go that far to make an unbeliever believe? I hope after the Warning and Miracle, that person, as many other brothers, finally believe in God.

BIDUMATTW
17th August 2007, 01:49 PM
Darrell wrote:
"I was just out for my morning walk and Rosary here in the hot, hot Arizona sun, and I just decided that I will plan to take my family to Garabandal for the Miracle, the Day of Healing."

I began praying and discerning this very same thing only yesterday. I had the thought that many from this community were discerning the same. It would be a financial challenge for most no doubt. It would certainly be for me. There is adequate time to plan.
Perhaps the better organizers amongst this group could arrange a group flight from the US. We have a travel agency here with the name Magnificat that specializes in pilgrimages. Though I have not used these folks I would be glad to make an inquiry as to group rates etc. I know that there are at least two other families here that would be likely to make the trip. There may be sufficient numbers for a charter if we all had a friend or two join each of us.
Any thoughts?

Ron Conte
17th August 2007, 02:17 PM
I once was chatting with an atheist regarding God and trying to explain him about the miracles our Lord has done to so many people, spiritually, but especially the physical ones (because, for an atheist, these are the kind of miracles they want o see) and he told me that he wouldn’t believe in God or miracles unless he sees that for a person who has lost his entire arm, God makes him grow back a new one. Wow, I said to myself, he asked a lot of proof there. I know God can do that easily; however, would God go that far to make an unbeliever believe? I hope after the Warning and Miracle, that person, as many other brothers, finally believe in God.

I believe that the healings on the Day of Healing (the Miracle) will include healings for amputees as well as every other kind of illness, injury, and defect, whether mild or severe. However, not every person will be healed.

needDivineMercy
17th August 2007, 02:25 PM
sorry if this is already covered but where is the U.S. or North America will there be a permanent sign?

trswago
17th August 2007, 02:36 PM
sorry if this is already covered but where is the U.S. or North America will there be a permanent sign?

Emmitsburg Md ????

Ron Conte
17th August 2007, 03:33 PM
I cannot be certain about every location of a Permanent Sign
I think that the apparitions to:

Sister Mildred Mary Neuzil - Our Lady of America, the Immaculate Virgin
at Rome City, Indiana.

I think that there will be a Permanent Sign at Emittsburg, MD.

True apparitions of Mary will have the Permanent Sign;
false ones will not.

Climacus Areopagite
17th August 2007, 04:14 PM
For my part I am hoping God will heal some psychological defects on the Day of Healing. I have a nervous temperment and I tend to worry. Also I hope He heals my spiritual defects.

Ron Conte
17th August 2007, 04:23 PM
The Day of Healing includes healing for body, spirit (i.e. mind and heart), and soul, for those persons who are healed.

JuanLuis
17th August 2007, 07:05 PM
will people with mental disorder be healed and will homosexuals stop being that?:confused:

Ron Conte
17th August 2007, 08:55 PM
Many people with mental disorders will be healed.

The Day of repentance will being some homosexuals
to repentance from their sinful lives.

DiAZ216
19th August 2007, 03:43 PM
Conchita will announce the date of the Miracle 8 days in advance. While we forum members (as well as an unkown number of visitors) know the date already, I imagine there are many waiting for Conchita's announcement and prepared to head to Garabandal. Anyone have any thoughts on lodging? How can this little village accommodate the thousands (or more?) of people that will converge on the site? Seems I read once that the roads to the village had been improved just for this reason. Do you think there will be people camping on the mountainsides? Thoughts?

Should we start a new thread just to discuss this?

Darrell

Ron Conte
19th August 2007, 05:10 PM
When the Jews in ancient times would gather at Jerusalem three times a year, there were not enough inns for them, so they camped out around the city. It was like an army camped around a city during a seige.

In the first century A.D., there would be over a million persons at Jerusalem for the Passover.

These places with Permanent Signs will be besieged by pligrims.

Concerning Garabandal:

between the Warning and the Miracle, Garabandal will be seemingly discredited. Because the visionaries and their supporters have said for so long that the Miracle occurs within a year (less than 12 months) after the Warning, but in fact it will occur one year and 33 days after the Warning.

So the number of visitors to Garabandal will not be as many as it could be.

I also suspect that some mediocre or unfaithful Church leaders, fearing the loss of influence that might result from the Warning and the Miracle and attention to these things, may try to undermine belief in the Miracle, even after the Warning occurs.

Mario
19th August 2007, 10:13 PM
...How can this little village accommodate the thousands (or more?) of people that will converge on the site? Seems I read once that the roads to the village had been improved just for this reason. Do you think there will be people camping on the mountainsides? Thoughts?

Darrell

Darrell,

If you have ever seen a picture of the location around the Pines, the mountains in the area form something of a natural amphitheater. It's as if God chose this site because of the intended miracle.

The Lord is in charge.

DiAZ216
19th August 2007, 10:42 PM
"between the Warning and the Miracle, Garabandal will be seemingly discredited. Because the visionaries and their supporters have said for so long that the Miracle occurs within a year (less than 12 months) after the Warning, but in fact it will occur one year and 33 days after the Warning."

How ironic. One would think that the fulfillment of the prophesied Warning would add credibility to Garabandal.

Darrell

Ron Conte
19th August 2007, 11:28 PM
Worldly persons, even those who repented, will not want to continue to experience events that remind them of God and their obligations to God.

Also, the media and the unrepentant will try will all their malice to discredit such things, since they are opposed to anything that reminds them of their shortcomings.

Ron

Paul Bellett
19th August 2007, 11:52 PM
Fatima would probably cope better than Garabandal as far as more comfortable accommodation is concerned, since it's been established as a major pilgrimage site since 1917, for the date of the Miracle.
However the majority of pilgrims as Ron mentioned will probably be content with really simple accommodation such as tents lets say, since the temperatures at night are not freezing cold for May 13th.
And I guess, there are those who wish go to Fatima, just to celebrate the first anniversary of the apparitions, but they were not planning well in advance, the extra bonus of the healing miracles that will also happen on that day.

Climacus Areopagite
20th August 2007, 12:31 AM
I never realized that the Miracle and the anniversary of Fatima are on the same days. Wow amazing.

The Pines
20th August 2007, 01:58 AM
Dear friends,

Having been to Garabandal twice, I can attest to the mountainous terrain. The roads are still not what you would expect leading to an apparition site. I think it is because of Spain's rejection regarding the miracle that occurred there. The village is spectacularly beautiful in all four seasons. The Pines sit on a hill that can be seen for miles and miles in every direction. I have been to Lourdes and Fatima as well but there is a feeling in Garabandal that exists only there. It is impossible to describe, but it is an incredible sensation to pray at The Pines or in the village church.

Hotels are few and far between. The food is, as everywhere in Spain, fantastic. The villagers are feeling the influx of foreigners who have purchased old homes and remodeled them as well as new buildings.

So if we are going to go....I would suggest reservations tomorrow.

Paul Bellett
20th August 2007, 09:26 PM
I never realized that the Miracle and the anniversary of Fatima are on the same days. Wow amazing.

Well apart from it also being on Ascension Thursday, you ain't seen nothing yet :-).
I also find it quite amazing that there is a prophecy about this Miracle (or Great Wonder), by a Pope Pius IX [d. 1878 ] who was actually born on May 13th.
I will quote his verses in full from a book called 'The Prophets and our Times' by Rev R. Gerald Cullen published by Tan Books.

" We expect that the Immaculate Virgin and the Mother of God, through her most powerful intercession, will bring it about that our holy mother, the Catholic Church, after the removal of all obstacles and overcoming of all errors, will gain in influence from day to day among nations and all places, prosper and rule from ocean to ocean, from the great stream to the ends of the earth; that she will enjoy peace and liberty........
that all erring souls will return to the path of truth and justice after the darkness of their minds has been dispelled, and that there wil be one fold and one shepherd."
" Since the whole world is against God and his Church, it is evident that he has reserved the victory over His enemies over to Himself. This will be more obvious when it is considered that the root of our present evils is to be found in the fact that those with talents and vigor crave earthly pleasures, and not only desert God, but repudiate Him altogether; thus it appears they cannot be brought back to God in any other way except through an act that cannot be ascribed to any secondary agency, and thus all will be forced to look to the supernatural, and cry out: 'From the Lord is this come to pass and it is wonderful in our eyes!'.... There will come a Great Wonder, which will fill the world with astonishment. This wonder will be preceded by triumph of revolution.
The Church will suffer exceedingly. Her servants and chieftain will be mocked, scourged and martyred."

garabandalg
20th August 2007, 09:27 PM
When the Jews in ancient times would gather at Jerusalem three times a year, there were not enough inns for them, so they camped out around the city. It was like an army camped around a city during a seige.

In the first century A.D., there would be over a million persons at Jerusalem for the Passover.

These places with Permanent Signs will be besieged by pligrims.

Concerning Garabandal:

between the Warning and the Miracle, Garabandal will be seemingly discredited. Because the visionaries and their supporters have said for so long that the Miracle occurs within a year (less than 12 months) after the Warning, but in fact it will occur one year and 33 days after the Warning.

So the number of visitors to Garabandal will not be as many as it could be.

I also suspect that some mediocre or unfaithful Church leaders, fearing the loss of influence that might result from the Warning and the Miracle and attention to these things, may try to undermine belief in the Miracle, even after the Warning occurs.

All of this fits perfectly with the standard pattern of such things. The Miracle of The Visible Host and scores of other Garabandal Events were predicted for a certain time yet occurred slightly afterward, almost as a filter to eliminate those lukewarm, superficial believers who would flake off the bandwagon with any slight discrepancy or delay. If you think about it, would you want to have allies who would scatter with any slight delay or disappointment? Neither does God. As for the fools who will try to discredit Garabandal, the lives of the Saints and scores of other holy events have been characterized by arrogant, selfish or biased fools following their disbelief or personal issues with attackes or denials of sacred events. Ask yourself, does this Church presently have members so steeped in their own agenda that they will be threatened by anything that contradicts or overshadows their petty egos? If your answer is yes, as it should be, then you have your answer as to whether or not some Church people will be at the lead of groups mocking or denying the Garabandal events.

JuanLuis
21st August 2007, 12:42 AM
I agree, there has always been fool who try to discredit faithful (sacred) events. But only time will tell and the truth will be on the side of those who stay with God and his Church.

garabandalg
21st August 2007, 04:59 AM
I agree, there has always been fool who try to discredit faithful (sacred) events. But only time will tell and the truth will be on the side of those who stay with God and his Church.

Such delays and events are often what God uses to smoke out the false believers who only believe in themselves.

Climacus Areopagite
21st August 2007, 07:40 PM
Well apart from it also being on Ascension Thursday, you ain't seen nothing yet :-).
I also find it quite amazing that there is a prophecy about this Miracle (or Great Wonder), by a Pope Pius IX [d. 1878 ] who was actually born on May 13th.
I will quote his verses in full from a book called 'The Prophets and our Times' by Rev R. Gerald Cullen published by Tan Books.

" We expect that the Immaculate Virgin and the Mother of God, through her most powerful intercession, will bring it about that our holy mother, the Catholic Church, after the removal of all obstacles and overcoming of all errors, will gain in influence from day to day among nations and all places, prosper and rule from ocean to ocean, from the great stream to the ends of the earth; that she will enjoy peace and liberty........
that all erring souls will return to the path of truth and justice after the darkness of their minds has been dispelled, and that there wil be one fold and one shepherd."
" Since the whole world is against God and his Church, it is evident that he has reserved the victory over His enemies over to Himself. This will be more obvious when it is considered that the root of our present evils is to be found in the fact that those with talents and vigor crave earthly pleasures, and not only desert God, but repudiate Him altogether; thus it appears they cannot be brought back to God in any other way except through an act that cannot be ascribed to any secondary agency, and thus all will be forced to look to the supernatural, and cry out: 'From the Lord is this come to pass and it is wonderful in our eyes!'.... There will come a Great Wonder, which will fill the world with astonishment. This wonder will be preceded by triumph of revolution.
The Church will suffer exceedingly. Her servants and chieftain will be mocked, scourged and martyred."

thank you,

plus it will be the 103 anniversary of Fatima. . . once again the #s 1 and 3 show up

garabandalg
23rd August 2007, 04:22 AM
One and Three, as in One God and Three Persons of The Trinity. I am sure that if we all put our heads together we can discern many examples and applications of 13. What I find most ironic is how the secular world sees 13 as an unlucky number yet her we have the number 13 being used by God for His Divine Purposes.

Homo Viator
18th September 2007, 11:05 AM
I'm also thinking ahead and wondering that it would be good to be present at some place where true revelation or apparition occurred. As I'm Portuguese, Fátima would probably be the perfect place to go. I'm also thinking that it would be good to take a friend with me. For 10 long years, he's suffering from Wilson's Disease and I will do my best to prepare him until then. Before the disease, he played an active role in the Church, as a layperson, so I guess that it won't be very difficult to explain him the importance of such journey and for him to understand that. If I succeed in taking him there, I truly hope my friend will become an example of a miracle.

Homo Viator

garabandalg
18th September 2007, 01:47 PM
Darrell,

If you have ever seen a picture of the location around the Pines, the mountains in the area form something of a natural amphitheater. It's as if God chose this site because of the intended miracle.

The Lord is in charge.

Trust me, as one who has been at the Pines, it is God's stage for the a great Heavenly production!

Rob
18th September 2007, 07:09 PM
Trust me, as one who has been at the Pines, it is God's stage for the a great Heavenly production!

Perhaps we could all go to Garabandal on the 13th of May and meet there and bring along some friends who need physical healing.
I am still uncertain what to choose between Medjugorje or Garabandal, but from what I heard the sign at Garabandal will be greatest because not many people believed in it. So perhaps I'll go to Garabandal, I'll let myself guide by God's Providence.

garabandalg
19th September 2007, 12:11 PM
Perhaps we could all go to Garabandal on the 13th of May and meet there and bring along some friends who need physical healing.
I am still uncertain what to choose between Medjugorje or Garabandal, but from what I heard the sign at Garabandal will be greatest because not many people believed in it. So perhaps I'll go to Garabandal, I'll let myself guide by God's Providence.

I cannot explain it, but when you are at The Pines you know It is a place of God.

JuanLuis
19th September 2007, 02:46 PM
I hope to be there!

Rob
19th September 2007, 02:50 PM
I cannot explain it, but when you are at The Pines you know It is a place of God.

When I went to to Medjugorje I had the same feeling, I hope I'll manage to get there as well.

Paul Bellett
20th September 2007, 11:45 AM
Haven't been on a group pilgrimage since 1996.
Garabandal would be my first choice for 2010, since the pilgrimage with my wife last time covered Medjugorje, Lourdes and Knock.
Garabandal would make a nice change, since we have yet to visit it.
It has the look of a spiritual sanctuary going by the video footage that I have seen on YouTube.
Since we would be travelling all the way from Australia or NZ, we would be interested in visiting Fatima as well, since both sites are really not far away geographically from each other.
I was billeted with a host Serbo-Croatian family when I was staying in Medjugorje, since the place was not commercialised with hotels.
I presume Garabandal maybe pretty much the same?

garabandalg
20th September 2007, 01:38 PM
Paul, when I went to Garabandal, I felt as if I was in Fatima or Lourdes during the time when the apparitions happened there. Now mind you, this was 40 years after the last apparition. I am sure that FAtima and Lourdes did not look the same as during the apparitions 40 years later, although they still have the children's homes and Bernadette's place intact.

For me, Garabandal is a spiritual hot spot, where good and evil face each other. It is front where earth, heaven and hell meet, for there we see the wonder of God, the weakness of earth and the ominous threat of hell.

Paul Bellett
20th September 2007, 08:55 PM
Yes, I'm looking forward to visit the place. I know from where you coming from regarding the unspoilt nature of Garabandal.

I felt Lourdes was just too commercialised!
My cousin Mary Lou, said more people go to Lourdes than go up the Eiffel tower in Paris.
When we were staying in the Hotel Christina, we recall ordering a cheese platter dish in their restaurant.
No sooner when we took a slice of cheese from it, the waiter whipped it away from us, so we kind of felt ripped off.
On the other hand, I certainly did benefit spiritually from the full immersion in the holy water baths down in the grotto. The water there is so soft, and invigorating, I am sure that this is no coincidence, as it has had countless healing properties, ever since St Bernadette scratched away in the ground for it, at the request of our Blessed Virgin Mother.

Mario
21st September 2007, 02:54 AM
Hi Everyone,

My Mom was converted to the Faith through the powerful witness of Fatima. I took my young family (just Geralyn, Ben, and Rachel back then) to Medjugorje in 1987. Yet, Garabandal has always intrigued me and has a pull on my heart. I purchased the images of the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts which we used for our Home Enthronement, at a promotion of the Garabandal Apparitions. Mary's call to honor priests is something Catholics need to understand and it was a central feature of Garabandal.

What can I say? I think I love Our Lady!

garabandalg
21st September 2007, 03:34 AM
Hi Everyone,

My Mom was converted to the Faith through the powerful witness of Fatima. I took my young family (just Geralyn, Ben, and Rachel back then) to Medjugorje in 1987. Yet, Garabandal has always intrigued me and has a pull on my heart. I purchased the images of the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts which we used for our Home Enthronement, at a promotion of the Garabandal Apparitions. Mary's call to honor priests is something Catholics need to understand and it was a central feature of Garabandal.

What can I say? I think I love Our Lady!

Imagine how beautiful and sweet She is that we can love her and yet cannot imagine how awesome She really is as per the comments of seers.

Love The Fisherman
21st September 2007, 09:46 AM
The 13th October is the 90th Anniversary of the Great Miracle of Fatima when the Sun danced. I wonder if something especial will happen on that date. I have it penciled in on my calendar as a 'day of special graces'. Its only a few weeks away.

garabandalg
21st September 2007, 11:56 AM
The 13th October is the 90th Anniversary of the Great Miracle of Fatima when the Sun danced. I wonder if something especial will happen on that date. I have it penciled in on my calendar as a 'day of special graces'. Its only a few weeks away.

It will be a good idea to keep an ear and eye out and see if anything does happen. Considering that the Warning approaches, perhaps special days like this will be "stepping stones" in some way.

Ron Conte
21st September 2007, 01:12 PM
I don't expect anything special to happen on Oct 13 2007. There is nothing to support that idea.

Paul Bellett
21st September 2007, 09:30 PM
The month of October is traditionally the Month of the Rosary,
so the best thing to do on Oct 13 is to just pray the whole rosary for Our Lady's powerful intercession and for more spiritual graces, but I also agree like Ron, I don't expect anything extraordinary to happen on that day.

Paul Bellett
31st May 2008, 02:55 AM
The Day of Repentance proves that God exists.

The Day of Consolation proves that God is all-knowing and that he understands all our sufferings and failings.

The Day of Healing proves that Catholic Christianity is the truest of all religions, since the Permanent Signs are located only at site of Catholic apparitions of Jesus and/or Mary.

The Day of Healing also proves that God is all-powerful, since so many persons are healed from every kind of illness, injury, and defect.

After reading Little Mary's MESSAGE #2597 from the Blessed Mother, I noticed near the end of this message about preparing for Easter. Good Friday/Easter Sunday was April 9th to 11th, in 2004, but the message was dated March 3rd, so I calculated there were 40 days difference, leading me to conclude that Ash Wednesday was the start of the Christian 'Lenten Season of Repentance from Sin'. Clearly we can see, where she mentions "All will soon know that God exists" and it being "accomplished in God's most perfect timing" is a direct co-relation to what Ron said regarding the Day of Repentance(Warning) was all about, which "proves that God exists".

MESSAGE #2597
March 3, 2004 [ASH WEDNESDAY]

My daughter,

This world would not be in trouble if all my children would pray, fast and do
penance for their sins.
I come today with the same message: repent and amend your ways, obey God and
take time to be with Him, take heed to the Gospel and live each day for Jesus. I say
to each of you, if you give your hearts to Jesus, your desires will change. Your love
for Jesus will grow and your ways will become more pleasing to Him. It truly takes
effort on your part and a true desire to follow Jesus. Will you please take heed to
this message and respond, respond now?
Take a look at your life and then reform your ways. Be humble, honest children and
let go of all that is displeasing to God. Take time to do this so that change can
begin in you. Believe that this world will not last forever and that Heaven is your
true home. Believe that my Son is truly present in the Eucharist so you spend time
with Him and nourish and cleanse your soul. Believe, believe in the Gospel, for it is
truly unfolding now.

Each of you are being molded and formed, so do not presume that you have
control of things. God is in charge and He knows what is best for your soul. All will
be accomplished in God’s most perfect timing. All will soon know that God exists.
For now, you must live in harmony and be hope-filled children. You must obey God
and love, love one another. You must seek the Kingdom of Heaven and work hard
on this earth. You must continue to join hands and pray, pray together. You must
not allow the world to confuse you. You must stay close to Jesus’ Most Sacred
Heart. You must spend a great deal of time in prayer and believe that your prayers
truly reach the Throne of God the Father.
Now, please prepare your hearts, for a pure heart will be the greatest gift you can
give my Son for Easter. Go now as God’s chosen children and prepare the way for
the coming of my Son Jesus. Amen.