PDA

View Full Version : the Three Days of Darkness in Scripture

Ron Conte
11th January 2008, 11:32 PM
There are a number of passages in Scripture that refer to the Three Days of Darkness (March 29, 30, 31 of 2040). Here is my article on the subject:

http://www.catholicplanet.com/future/three-days-darkness.htm

Here is another passage on the 3 days of darkness:

[Jeremiah]
{25:32} Thus says the Lord of hosts: "Behold, an affliction will go forth from nation to nation, and a great whirlwind will go forth from the ends of the earth.
{25:33} And the slain of the Lord will be, on that day, from one end of the earth, even to the other end. They will not be mourned, and they will not be gathered, and they will not be buried. They will lie upon the face of the earth like dung.
{25:34} Wail, O shepherds, and cry out! And sprinkle yourselves with ashes, O nobles of the flock! For the days have been completed that lead to your slaughter and your destruction. And you will fall like precious vessels.
{25:35} And escape will flee from the shepherds, and safety will flee from the nobility of the flock."

themilitantcatholic
12th January 2008, 08:50 PM
Ron, Does Christ give us hints of the Three Days of Darkness in Matthew 24,? where He says in verse 29 "And immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun shall be darkened and the moon shall not give her light . . ."

mort
10th July 2008, 01:19 AM
This question is related to what must be done during the three days of darkness.

I often hear that during this time you should not go outside or go near the windows. Should our windows and doors be boarded up?

Climacus Areopagite
10th July 2008, 01:29 AM
Ron will probably answer this better but it is sufficient for all the windows and doors to be completely shut and not to be opened until the three days have passed. It isnt necessary to board them up:

{26:20} Go, my people! Enter your chambers. Close your doors behind you. Conceal yourselves for a very brief time, until the indignation has passed over you.

Ron Conte
10th July 2008, 01:29 AM
Ron, Does Christ give us hints of the Three Days of Darkness in Matthew 24,? where He says in verse 29 "And immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun shall be darkened and the moon shall not give her light . . ."

No, that section of the eschatological discourse refers to the second part of the tribulation. There is an affliction of darkness at that time, but only on the wicked, not at all on the faithful, and it lasts much longer than three days.

This verse marks the distinction between the first and second parts of the tribulation:
{24:14} And this Gospel of the kingdom shall be preached throughout the entire world, as a testimony to all nations. And then the consummation will occur.

This verse refers to the time of peace and holiness after the Three Days of Darkness, during the great monarch's reign.

Ron Conte
10th July 2008, 01:31 AM
This question is related to what must be done during the three days of darkness.

I often hear that during this time you should not go outside or go near the windows. Should our windows and doors be boarded up?

It is sufficient for them to be closed, and not to be opened at all for any reason during that time. But because the darkness is accompanied by a supernatural storm, I think it would be well to board them up. This would also prevent anyone inside from unwisely opening them during that time (resulting in their death).

But the house need not be, and should not be, sealed air tight.

Pontifex
22nd July 2008, 11:38 PM
Ron, when will your book on this event be completed ?

Ron Conte
23rd July 2008, 12:10 AM
Ron, when will your book on this event be completed ?
Still working on it. Maybe by October or so.

Pontifex
24th July 2008, 01:42 AM
Ron, after the three days of darkness (sixth trumpet), is there a Scriptural basis regarding the disapearing of all the major lingering effects of the previous sufferings : the locust-like pestilence is gone, the nuclear winter ends suddenly, the fall-out and radiation are simply gone, the severe injuries sustained by the land and the oceans are healed ?

Ron Conte
24th July 2008, 02:04 AM
Ron, after the three days of darkness (sixth trumpet), is there a Scriptural basis regarding the disapearing of all the major lingering effects of the previous sufferings : the locust-like pestilence is gone, the nuclear winter ends suddenly, the fall-out and radiation are simply gone, the severe injuries sustained by the land and the oceans are healed ?
off hand, I don't know; I'd have to look around in Scripture.

Pontifex
25th December 2008, 10:11 PM
Ron,

First of all, I wish you and all participants a Merry Christmas
--
I was wondering what your thoughts on this passage from a revelation to Bl. Anna-Maria Taigi (sorry if this was adressed elsewhere):

"After the three days darkness, St. Peter and St.Paul, having come down from Heaven, will preach in the whole world and designate a new Pope. A great light will flash from their bodies and will settle upon the cardinal who is to become Pope. Christianity, then, will be spread throughout the world. He is the holy Pontiff, chosen by God to withstand the storm. At the end, he will have the gift of miracles, and his name shall be praised over the whole earth.''

Source: Catholic Prophecy, by Yves Dupont, p.45

Is this statement true in whole or in part ? It would seem she is referring to the Angelic Shepard (Fr.Sudac), but are St.Peter and St.Paul truly to come down from heaven ?

Ron Conte
26th December 2008, 03:06 AM
I comment on that in my new book. In brief, she confuses the time of the event. It is not immediately after the Three Days of Darkness that Peter chooses the new Pope, but after the Return of Christ, at the start of the Millennium.

garabandalg
28th December 2008, 05:32 AM
Ron, if one has children younger than 20, one would assume that they might be alive when these things come to pass. What reading material would you suggest for me so that I may advise them of these things so they can prepare during these years?

Ron Conte
28th December 2008, 01:00 PM
Ron, if one has children younger than 20, one would assume that they might be alive when these things come to pass. What reading material would you suggest for me so that I may advise them of these things so they can prepare during these years?

As an introduction to Catholic eschatology, I like Prophecy for Today by Edward Connor (TAN books). It is easy to read and not many pages.

I think that Yves Dupont has some good material, but he also includes a number of false or questionable sources of private revelation, and some outdated ideas (based on the past fears of a war between Russia, the U.S., and China, which would i think be excluded by the Virgin Mary's words at Garabandal and Medjugorje that there will be no third world war).

My new book should be out in January (i hope). But it is long (400 to 500 pages). There are two chapters on the great monarch and angelic shepherd, and two chapters on the three days of darkness. There is not much by way of practical advice in the book (perhaps that will be another book; I've done some work on that topic already).

Nandy
27th January 2009, 02:54 PM

True-- I heard that too--I also heard that we must have a crucifix handy and have blessed candles to give us light--that would probably not burn out--this is because maybe electricity would not work...I wonder wether we should start by stocking up on candles and then have them blessed?

Should we have candles blessed by a priest?

Ron Conte
27th January 2009, 07:11 PM
True-- I heard that too--I also heard that we must have a crucifix handy and have blessed candles to give us light--that would probably not burn out--this is because maybe electricity would not work...I wonder wether we should start by stocking up on candles and then have them blessed?

Should we have candles blessed by a priest?

The three days of darkness is many years away, so you don't need to stock up on candles. Blessed candles are already blessed by a priest, and are often available at Catholic book and gift shops; or you can have an ordinary candle blessed by a priest.

Nandy
28th January 2009, 02:27 AM
Ron--

Thanks for the info.

And yes, I know it's many years away--yet I did not know you could have an ordinary candle blessed by a priest.

Maybe I was misguided when I read that the candles have to be at least a certain % made out of beeswax.. and that the matches have got to be blessed also? Is this true?

Ron Conte
28th January 2009, 12:35 PM
Ron--

Thanks for the info.

And yes, I know it's many years away--yet I did not know you could have an ordinary candle blessed by a priest.

Maybe I was misguided when I read that the candles have to be at least a certain % made out of beeswax.. and that the matches have got to be blessed also? Is this true?

No. Blessed candles do not have to be beeswax at all.
And there is no such thing as blessed matches.