Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 43 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 91 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 95 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 103 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 114 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 118 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 126 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 195 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 402 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::db_connect() should be compatible with vB_Database::db_connect($servername, $port, $username, $password, $usepconnect) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::select_db_wrapper() should be compatible with vB_Database::select_db_wrapper($database = '', $link = NULL) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2330 Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1505 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Session::fetch_substr_ip() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1589 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Shutdown::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2333 The Warning and the Bishops [Archive] - CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group

PDA

View Full Version : The Warning and the Bishops

Ron Conte
28th February 2008, 06:35 PM
Since the Warning affects everyone on earth, it will also affect each and every Bishop. Now the majority of Bishops, though sinners, are faithful Catholic Christians. They will be shown their sins, and I expect that the vast majority will respond with repentance, and by growing in holiness.

However, there are always on earth a few Bishops who are unfaithful in one way or another. They are like Judas Iscarcariot, at least to some extent. But the power of grace is such that even some of these unfaithful Bishops will repent at the Warning.

All the Bishops have free will, and the Warning does not take that away. So it is likely that at least a small percentage of Bishops will reject this call to repentance and will fall into mortal sin. Some few may leave the Faith; some few may rebel against Church teaching openly; some few may pretend to be holy and faithful, while having rejected the Faith interiorly. And some few, very few, who imagine themselves to be holy, while in fact their sins are very serious, may die of horror and fright at their own sins, or may even take their own lives.

The same can be said of priests, deacons, religious, and theologians and lay leaders, but to a greater extent that with the Bishops.

This will in fact occur in persons in general in response to the Warning. Some few will die of fright at the knowledge of their sins, or will respond by taking their own lives. Worldwide, on that day and soon after, there will be many deaths as a result of a sinful reaction to this holy call to repentance.

Brother
28th February 2008, 07:01 PM
This will in fact occur in persons in general in response to the Warning. Some few will die of fright at the knowledge of their sins, or will respond by taking their own lives. Worldwide, on that day and soon after, there will be many deaths as a result of a sinful reaction to this holy call to repentance.

It would be very good to advice everyone not to commit suicide after the Warning no matter how horrific a person sees his sins. We all have hope for salvation and rather, repent and ask God for grace and strenght to be faithful to Him.

Brendan
29th February 2008, 01:15 AM
Ron,
You have indicated in your past writings that, worldwide, after the Warning, there will be a great influx to the Catholic Church. Can you explain why this influx will be to the Catholic Church and not religion in general? That is, if I were a Baptist during the Warning, the Warning occurs, then how would I be enlightened by the Catholic Church? Why would I not become closer to my Baptist roots? Please explain. Thank you.

Ron Conte
29th February 2008, 12:25 PM
Ron,
You have indicated in your past writings that, worldwide, after the Warning, there will be a great influx to the Catholic Church. Can you explain why this influx will be to the Catholic Church and not religion in general? That is, if I were a Baptist during the Warning, the Warning occurs, then how would I be enlightened by the Catholic Church? Why would I not become closer to my Baptist roots? Please explain. Thank you.

[Zechariah]
{12:8} In that day, the Lord will protect the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and even he who will have offended from them, in that day, will be like David, and the house of David will be like that of God, just like an angel of the Lord in their sight.
{12:9} And this shall be in that day: I will seek to crush all the Gentiles that come against Jerusalem.
{12:10} And I will pour out upon the house of David and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of prayers. And they will look upon me, whom they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only son, and they will feel sorrow over him, as one would be sorrowful at the death of a firstborn.
{12:11} In that day, there will be a great lamentation in Jerusalem, like the lamentation of Hadadrimmon in the plain of Megiddo.
{12:12} And the earth will mourn: families and families separately; the families of the house of David separately, and their women separately;
{12:13} the families of the house of Nathan separately, and their women separately; the families of the house of Levi separately, and their women separately; the families of Shimei separately, and their women separately;
{12:14} all the rest of the families, families and families separately, and their women separately.

They will mourn separately means that people will generally, as you say, seek God within their own religous tradition or denomination.

At the Warning, many persons will understand that they sinned in rejecting Catholicism; it is an objective mortal sin to reject the Catholic Faith in favor of any other religion. So there will be a sharp increase in coverts and in those approaching the Catholic Church for answers. But I wouldn't call it a great influx. Most people will gravitate toward their own religion, because the Warning does not give people all knowledge of right and wrong, nor all religious knowledge; some persons may have a certain invincible ignorance in not being Catholic; I don't think such persons will be shown that they erred in not being Catholic Christian.

Notice that the Gentiles come against Jerusalem, referring to an attempt to ridicule or, in some places, persecute Christians at that time; but God does not permit these attempts to be successful.

sammy
29th February 2008, 05:18 PM
I have many friends who used to be Catholic and now go to other churches. I am hopeful that the warning will enlighten them as to the gravity of this particular sin.

Brother
12th March 2008, 03:50 PM
It is also advisable not to go into alcoholism or drugs after we become disgusted by our own sins.

Matthias
13th March 2008, 03:59 PM
. . . there are always on earth a few Bishops who are unfaithful in one way or another. They are like Judas Iscarcariot, at least to some extent. But the power of grace is such that even some of these unfaithful Bishops will repent at the Warning . . . The same can be said of priests, deacons, religious, and theologians and lay leaders, but to a greater extent that with the Bishops . . .

It has been painfully obvious for more than a generation that many if not most Catholic bishops in the Western nations have not lived up to their callings and offices. Most of them have become simple administrators who are more concerned with budgets, buildings, staffing, and (perhaps especially) public relations than with true spiritual leadership. They sit idly by while half-crazed nuns destroy once-distinguished Catholic religious orders, while Catholic colleges become secularized and de-Catholicized, while "Catholic" politicians support abortion legislation, and while priests and other religious engage in scandalous sexual activities that in the year 2007 alone cost the American Catholic Church alone more than half a billion dollars ($500 million+) in lawsuits and reparations. (Imagine what good that amount of money could have done if it had been used for worldwide evangelization efforts.)

Of course, there are many complicated reasons for these disgraces and for the decline of the Catholic faith in modern times, but the bishops - more than any other single Catholic group - must shoulder the main culpability.

Shane
23rd May 2008, 10:31 PM
All the Bishops have free will, and the Warning does not take that away. So it is likely that at least a small percentage of Bishops will reject this call to repentance and will fall into mortal sin. Some few may leave the Faith; some few may rebel against Church teaching openly; some few may pretend to be holy and faithful, while having rejected the Faith interiorly. And some few, very few, who imagine themselves to be holy, while in fact their sins are very serious, may die of horror and fright at their own sins, or may even take their own lives.

Will it be 'easy' to repent at the Warning if, having prepared for it through prayer, penance etc. or would we be compelled in any way to reject it even if we had originally prepared to accept it? Could we find ourselves facing hidden sins and becoming bitter from the Warning, thus rejecting it?

Or will those who seek repentance find it easy in their hearts to do so before God?

Ron Conte
23rd May 2008, 11:04 PM
Will it be 'easy' to repent at the Warning if, having prepared for it through prayer, penance etc. or would we be compelled in any way to reject it even if we had originally prepared to accept it? Could we find ourselves facing hidden sins and becoming bitter from the Warning, thus rejecting it?

Or will those who seek repentance find it easy in their hearts to do so before God?

It will be easier to repent at the Warning if you:
1. are in the habit of repenting from sin
2. have repeatedly examined your conscience sincerely and had a good confession
3. have removed some sins from your life already

You will not be compelled to reject the gift of repentance at the Warning.

It is possible that some persons, who think themselves to be holy and righteous, might react with shock, or bitterness, or anger at being shown by God that they are not holy and righteous. And so they might reject the Warning.

Shane
23rd May 2008, 11:09 PM
Thanks for clearing that up, Ron.

garabandalg
25th May 2008, 05:59 PM
As I understand it, holy humility implies that we all accept that fact that, although we may be pretty good in comparison to many people, we will most likely be far less holy than we imagined ourselves to be. There are likely many sins we commit without considering them sins. There are even more likely many sins of omission that we commit regularly without even giving it a second thought.

I believe that it is human nature to, consciously or not, enhance one's perception of oneself beyond what is real and honest. Hence, many who experience the Warning will be shocked to find that they fall far below their perceived station on the holiness and goodness scale. The moral maturity of such people will be tested as they choose to either accept their real moral state and try to improve that or reject the Warning and keep on living in delusion. One great way to avoid this whole issue is to, in the spirit of holy humility, constantly expect to be inferior from a moral and holy perspective of what we believe ourselves to be now, and resolve to constantly improve.

Those who elevate themselves shall be humbled, and those who humble themselves shall be elevated....so to speak.

Homo Viator
25th May 2008, 10:40 PM
Thank you for this post, garabandalg. It puts us in the right place and it is truly a sort of a warning before the Warning.

Homo Viator

daytonafreak
25th May 2008, 11:12 PM
We have to be on guard constantly against pride. It is also important to be very honest with ourselves when we go to confession.

garabandalg
27th May 2008, 12:53 PM
Jesus taught us to be humble. A peasant once began to criticize St. Francis about his conduct and adherence to his mission, and the great Saint silently listened to the peasant.

St. Bernadette of Lourdes was a most humble soul, instinctively shying away from any sort of praise or indirect association with great honor and privilege.

If we look at the history of the Church and those who have done great things in that Church, humility is a central theme.

We should not need the Warning to snap us out of our delusions of morality and grandeur but, sadly, we will. Pride, conceit, pride and presumption are the seeds of what I would call silent arrogance. We do not need to run out in the town square yelling about how great we are to be boasting. Suppose my sister tells me that I am like Mother Teresa or St. Bernard and I remain silent. Is that not presumption? Can such presumption please God? Is all of that then not simply an ironic confirmation that my supposed similarity to the above great Saints merely an amusing contradiction? Let us all pray that we do not fall into such traps, by which many fall to the evil one while steeped in outward prayer. Holiness without humlity is empty holiness, and empty holiness is of no use to anyone, least of all the one practicing it.