Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 43 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 91 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 95 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 103 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 114 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 118 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 126 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 195 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 402 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::db_connect() should be compatible with vB_Database::db_connect($servername, $port, $username, $password, $usepconnect) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::select_db_wrapper() should be compatible with vB_Database::select_db_wrapper($database = '', $link = NULL) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2330 Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1505 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Session::fetch_substr_ip() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1589 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Shutdown::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2333 April 10th, 2009 [Archive] - CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group

PDA

View Full Version : April 10th, 2009

Ron Conte
10th April 2008, 12:57 PM
The Warning is now one year away.

I suggest that everyone increase their efforts to remove sin from their lives, to try to pray as much as God wills, and to practice self-denial and works of mercy.

garabandalg
10th April 2008, 01:03 PM
Perhaps the best time ever to begin the St. Bridget Prayers, which last one year.

Brother
10th April 2008, 04:51 PM
The key is just to let the Holy Spirit do His work on us. Hey, but we have the key, let's open the door.

[Luke 11]
{11:13} Therefore, if you, being evil, know how to give good things to your sons, how much more will your Father give, from heaven, a spirit of goodness to those who ask him?”

The following is the message given to Anne the lay apostle for this month of April and helps us prepare for the comming events.
---------------------------------

April 1, 2008
Jesus
My dear apostles, I speak to you from My heart, the seat of love. I speak to you freely at this time to teach you about love. I desire that each of you accept My love, which includes the love of all of heaven. Those who are lukewarm and do not accept my love cannot help Me in My goal of renewal. Those who are concerned with establishing their kingdoms on earth will lose opportunities to seed the renewal each day. Those who postpone a full commitment to My goals will find that they are sadly disappointed later, when they realize how important their service was to Me. I rely on My apostles to be passionate about service, seeking always to store up heavenly treasures in the souls of those around them. Truly, no kind word, no compassionate silence, no act of love is lost. Each of these is both used immediately and preserved eternally. I understand that you are tired at times. I understand that you become discouraged. I understand these things because in My humanity I experienced these things. I allow these feelings in My beloved apostles because their service to Me then becomes even more beneficial. Rest assured that you have been given all that you need in strength and courage for each day’s service. There is no difficulty, from heaven’s perspective, in an apostle serving in weariness. Most apostles served in weariness and the weariness that an apostle feels does not mean that the fire of the Spirit is at risk of being extinguished. Have no fear about this because I Myself tend to the presence of the Spirit in your soul. This fire has been expertly banked so that it will burn for as long as it needs to burn. Some day you will be finished with your service on earth. The tasks that I need from you will be completed. This will be a joyful day for you. You will see all that you have accomplished for Me. Yes, weariness comes and goes, but love creates stamina that keeps the servant and the service steady. In the time to come I intend to increase the capacity for love in each apostle. This is necessary for heaven’s goals and will enable My beloved ones to serve with even greater dedication and humility. I will teach you more and instruct you closely in the use of this gift as time passes. This heavenly concession will greatly increase the effectiveness of My presence in your soul. I am so grateful that you seek to remain close to Me. Rejoice, dear apostles. I am with you.

http://www.directionforourtimes.com/

Climacus Areopagite
10th April 2008, 09:42 PM
Lately the books of the major & minor prophets have been helping me get into a better frame of mind and heart and given me insights into the things to come.

Archangel Michael
8th June 2008, 08:02 AM
I had a thought in church today.

I always feel and know at mass during the readings that God speaks to us through his word.

My thought was this... When everthing happens with the warning the Reading at mass the following Sunday must have great significance to the warning and how we are to react.

So here's my question...

Can we figure out what are the readings spefically.. Old Testement( 1st reading), New Testement ( 2nd reading), and Gospel for the following Sunday after the mass?

JuanLuis
8th June 2008, 03:25 PM
here is a link with the readings for that day is year B

http://www.kencollins.com/texts/holyweek/#yearb

I hope you find it useful

Juan Luis
A.M.D.G. et B.V.M.

daytonafreak
8th June 2008, 04:58 PM
I had a thought in church today.

I always feel and know at mass during the readings that God speaks to us through his word.

My thought was this... When everthing happens with the warning the Reading at mass the following Sunday must have great significance to the warning and how we are to react.

So here's my question...

Can we figure out what are the readings spefically.. Old Testement( 1st reading), New Testement ( 2nd reading), and Gospel for the following Sunday after the mass?

It is worthy to note that 9 days after The Warning is Divine Mercy Sunday

Paul Bellett
8th June 2008, 11:34 PM
On a positive note, I feel that the result of 'The Warning' will help reinstate Good Friday as having some more relevance in the secular world.
In Australia/New Zealand, much of Europe and elsewhere, Good Friday is a Public Holiday commemorating Christ's sorrowful passion.
Unfortunately here in the State of Victoria, Australia, the local news reporting media chooses to completely ignore this, and does not acknowledge Jesus in any way. Instead they really distract in a big way to the general public, by running a 24 hr phone-in charity Telethon to raise funds for a children's hospital.
In other words humanitarism, replaces the focus on Jesus for this particular day. -See http://www.goodfridayappeal.com.au/

On a lighter note:-
By the way, we get another Public Holiday here today June 9th, because its the Queen's Birthday :-)

quiz1
18th June 2008, 06:05 AM
Ron-

Would you suggest saying something to family/friends before the 10th occurs?

I was thinking about this earlier. I have family/friends that are either not Christian, not Catholic, or are Christian and mildly anti-Catholic who really aren't receptive to discussions about Catholic eschatology. Any discussions of this sort are kind of met with the skeptical looks that tell me they think I'm a bit off my rocker.

I was wondering though if it would do any good to maybe tell them a little about about what will happen that day *right before it occurs* so as to maybe give them some encouragement and direction.

Maybe it will be better retained if I wait until just before the Warning so they will know where to go for information so they can repent and/or convert?

Ron Conte
18th June 2008, 11:10 AM
The Warning is the same as the first secret of Medjugorje.
The first and second secrets of Medjugorje will be announced by Fr. Petar on behalf of Mirjana (April 7th) three days before the event. You could wait until then. You could take the role of explaining what has been reported in the news and answer any questions.

Paul Bellett
21st June 2008, 06:44 AM
The Warning is the same as the first secret of Medjugorje.
The first and second secrets of Medjugorje will be announced by Fr. Petar on behalf of Mirjana (April 7th) three days before the event. You could wait until then. You could take the role of explaining what has been reported in the news and answer any questions.

I have just perused this month's THE WORKERS OF OUR LADY OF MOUNT CARMEL
de Garabandal Newsletter:-

http://www.garabandal.us/leaflets/june-08-newsletter.pdf

Interestingly it states, one can register their email address with www.garabandal.us and receive 'The Miracle' announcement eight days in advance before it happens.
When 'The Warning' is announced by Fr. Petar on behalf of Mirjana (April 7th), I wonder if a similar mass email circulation method is deployed, in addition to the media press release?
Apart from Sr. Emmanuel's Medjugorje Newsletter email database of names, I am not aware of any other ones, that would have subscriber base as large as this.

sweet basil
21st June 2008, 02:40 PM
Paul,

Where specifically can you register for the announcement on the website? I see a general place to register your e-mail. Does that mean you're automatically included when the announcement is made? Thanks.

Paul Bellett
21st June 2008, 09:24 PM
Paul,

Where specifically can you register for the announcement on the website? I see a general place to register your e-mail. Does that mean you're automatically included when the announcement is made? Thanks.

Yes sweet Basil, I would also infer that from the Newsletter, that registering your name for the announcement would generally go via the "Join Our Mailing List" webform.

sweet basil
23rd June 2008, 07:14 PM
Thank you Paul. I will sign up!

Paul Bellett
24th June 2008, 11:21 AM
"And they will look upon me, whom they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only son, and they will feel sorrow over him, as one would be sorrowful at the death of a firstborn."

It is a well known fact in encyclopedias, that intense mourning over a loved one, can often result in loss of appetite and disturbed sleep patterns. This could be one of the reasons why Saul on the way to Damacus in the Book of Acts, could not eat for three days after his conversion experience. Being blinded at looking at the supernatural light was also a double whammy for him to endure.

This leads me to beg the question, Fr. Petar is fasting from 1st April to the 10th, possibly on as little as bread and water. From what Sacred Scripture is implying in Zechariah and in the Book of Acts, this voluntary fasting and prayer may possibly be extended to the dawn of the 12th, due to lack of appetite for the sorrow of what Jesus had to endure, for the sake our redemption?

If I was to follow Fr. Petar's example, it probably would be a good idea to take Holy Week off from secular work to make it easier to pray and fast,
otherwise it would be rather difficult I would imagine to undertake.
From earlier posts, it appears that other members of this forum have come to the same conclusion to take some time off for this special Holy Week in Lent.

Ron Conte
24th June 2008, 11:33 AM
Repentance and prayer are better than fasting. And fasting is only a means to an end.

If God's grace and providence leads you to fast from the first through the tenth, then so be it. But that is not God's will for everyone.

I would suggest fasting on Monday, Wednesday, and especially Fridays prior to Holy Week, then on Holy Week do the same, but be sure to eat well on Holy Thursday. You need not fast on that day, since it is the celebration of the Church receiving the Eucharist. And it would be good to be strengthened in body for the difficulties of the next couple of days. I would not want people to be weakened by fasting to the extent of making less spiritual progress.

Your fasting need not be so strict that it is bread and water only. Be attentive to God's grace and providence. Do not merely do the same thing that everyone else is doing. Find God's particular will for you.

Bible Apprentice
24th June 2008, 02:23 PM
Besides prayer and repentence, what are recommended activites to undertake between Friday and Sunday? Should that time be spent mostly in prayer or would it be okay to do physical work?

Ron Conte
24th June 2008, 02:30 PM
Besides prayer and repentence, what are recommended activites to undertake between Friday and Sunday? Should that time be spent mostly in prayer or would it be okay to do physical work?

Each person should fufill the normal duties of their state of life, care for family members, go to work, etc. One should treat that Holy Week like any other, except perhaps for some additional praying and self-denial.

Also, be sure to go to confession a few times prior to Holy Week, perhaps several times during Lent.

mort
10th July 2008, 03:28 AM
Let me just say I fully recognize Ron is a well studied individual and when he makes a claim he is certainly basing it on evidence, but I have a question about the dating and I'm hoping someone can help me out. I've been searching through Ron's articles on how he came to the conclusion April 10th 2009 will be the date of the Warning. So far I haven't found it, though I do see how it's based on St Malachy's prophecy and Fr Gobbi's locution, but as to the specific date and time I just haven't found it. Perhaps someone can lead me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Mort

Ron Conte
10th July 2008, 12:17 PM
It's complicated. This is just a brief overview:

The date of the Miracle can be determined from the things that Mary said at Garabandal, and from a knowledge of eschatology. The Miracle occurs on the feast day of a young martyr of the Eucharist, and on a Thursday, and between certain months and days of the month. There are not many young martyrs of the Eucharist who fit. The only one that I found after extensive search is Blessed Imelda.

Here are 12 reasons why she is the correct young martyr:
http://www.catholicplanet.com/secrets/garabandal-miracle.htm

Her feast day is May 13th, which in some years is not only a Thursday, but Ascension Thursday. God places the Warning and the Miracle on important days in the Church's calendar so that people are not drawn away from the Catholic Church by these immensely powerful events.

There are various other future events that can be known from a study of the Bible and eschatology. The Warning and Miracle are closely connected to these events, have a strong influence on them, and so must occur first.

Also, at Garabandal it was said that Joey Lomangino would be healed of his blindness, but he is now elderly.

The only day that fits is May 13th, 2010. The next time that her feast day falls on Ascension Thursday is in 2021, too late because of Joey's age and because of all the other events in eschatology that will occur before then.

Once the date of the Miracle is established, the Warning occurs about a year earlier, as it turns out, one year and 33 days earlier, on Good Friday, as indicated by Scripture:

[Zechariah]
{12:10} And I will pour out upon the house of David and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of prayers. And they will look upon me, whom they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only son, and they will feel sorrow over him, as one would be sorrowful at the death of a firstborn.

and that date is April 10, 2009, the date of the Warning.

Mary's Child
10th July 2008, 03:15 PM
I have just perused this month's THE WORKERS OF OUR LADY OF MOUNT CARMEL
de Garabandal Newsletter:-

http://www.garabandal.us/leaflets/june-08-newsletter.pdf

Interestingly it states, one can register their email address with www.garabandal.us and receive 'The Miracle' announcement eight days in advance before it happens.
When 'The Warning' is announced by Fr. Petar on behalf of Mirjana (April 7th), I wonder if a similar mass email circulation method is deployed, in addition to the media press release?
Apart from Sr. Emmanuel's Medjugorje Newsletter email database of names, I am not aware of any other ones, that would have subscriber base as large as this.

I did register for this email in order to get the 8 days' advance warning. I shortly thereafter received a DVD about Garabandal and also a letter with two medals each containing a tiny piece of a missal which Our Lady has kissed. (Many objects such as wedding rings, rosaries and missals were handed to the Virgin by the visionaries. ) The literature stated that Our Lady told the visionaries that anyone who wears the kissed objects in a devout manner would be free from suffering in purgatory.

I would so much like to know all of the messages from Garabandal. In those 2000+ appearances, did anyone keep a diary or record of what was said?

mort
11th July 2008, 03:20 AM
Once the date of the Miracle is established, the Warning occurs about a year earlier, as it turns out, one year and 33 days earlier, on Good Friday, as indicated by Scripture:

Interesting Ron, thanks for the explanation. I looked over the Garabandal Apparitions and they certainly seem legit. It's interesting how Catholics who reject them still recognize something otherworldly was occurring there. Now you do mention that some reported the Warning occurring a year before or within the date of the Miracle. I guess your dating is outside of this window because (i) the "year reporting" may be inaccurate and (ii) it's more reasonable for it to land on Good Friday, is that correct?

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse!

Ron Conte
11th July 2008, 03:36 AM
Interesting Ron, thanks for the explanation. I looked over the Garabandal Apparitions and they certainly seem legit. It's interesting how Catholics who reject them still recognize something otherworldly was occurring there. Now you do mention that some reported the Warning occurring a year before or within the date of the Miracle. I guess your dating is outside of this window because (i) the "year reporting" may be inaccurate and (ii) it's more reasonable for it to land on Good Friday, is that correct?

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse!
I think that the visionaries, who were 11 or 12 when the visions occurred, drew some conclusions about these predicted events that were not explicitly stated by the Virgin Mary. For example, one visionary says that the Warning will show us our sins only, but another says it will show us the good and bad things we have done in life.

I've learned that even when evaluating the private revelations to Saints, there can be minor errors due to the misunderstaning of the one receiving the revelation. Thus, St. Bridget says that Mary died near Jerusalem (valley of Jehosaphat), but Blessed A.C. Emmerich says she died in Ephesus. When evaluating a claimed private revelation, we must not consider the information given to be infallible, but fallible.

In this way, I've been able to accept, and yet critically evaluate, various true private revelations. So I've concluded that Garabandal is true, but that the Warning actually takes place more than a year before the Miracle.

The Warning must take place on Good Friday, given that the event pertains to realizing our sins in the light of Christ, and also given that the Scripture passage about the Warning (Zech 12:10) refers to the Crucifixion. The Miracle likewise must take place on an important day in the Catholic liturgical calendar, so that the world is led towards the Church by these events, not away from Her.

jack
14th July 2008, 08:40 AM
When I first came to Ron's site the most striking thing was the message about warning. It was a completely new knowledge to me. But after reading the posts of other members I can see that many had heard of the warning before coming to catholicplanet. However I have never heard of it being mentioned in the religious circles here in India. Is it that the warning has always been part of catholic prophesy but people have missed it altogether.

Ron Conte
14th July 2008, 12:07 PM
When I first came to Ron's site the most striking thing was the message about warning. It was a completely new knowledge to me. But after reading the posts of other members I can see that many had heard of the warning before coming to catholicplanet. However I have never heard of it being mentioned in the religious circles here in India. Is it that the warning has always been part of catholic prophesy but people have missed it altogether.

The Warning was first mentioned explicitly at Garabandal in the 1960's. Garabandal is a fairly well-known apparition site, but not as well known as Fatima or Medjugorje.

I find that the Warning is mentioned in Scripture, in a hidden manner, i.e. it is implicit in Scripture (Zechariah 12).

Rob
14th July 2008, 12:25 PM
There is also that passage from Daniel of king Balthazar and his court being frightened by the sudden appearance of a hand writing on the wall, and also perhaps Saul's blinding on the road toward Damascus. There are certainly many other implicit references in Scripture and that is amazing.

daytonafreak
14th July 2008, 03:05 PM
and also perhaps Saul's blinding on the road toward Damascus.

Did you know that Saul's conversion story is in chapter 9 of Acts? I feel there is a connection to chapter 9 of Acts and the year 2009.

Rob
14th July 2008, 03:14 PM
Did you know that Saul's conversion story is in chapter 9 of Acts? I feel there is a connection to chapter 9 of Acts and the year 2009.

No, I didn't realize it; that's well possible, after all even Zachariah's chapter 13 which talks about the Miracle fits well with May 13.

Ron Conte
14th July 2008, 03:17 PM

Yes, I think you are right about that.

jack
15th July 2008, 07:52 AM
The Warning was first mentioned explicitly at Garabandal in the 1960's. Garabandal is a fairly well-known apparition site, but not as well known as Fatima or Medjugorje.

I find that the Warning is mentioned in Scripture, in a hidden manner, i.e. it is implicit in Scripture (Zechariah 12).

I can see that your writings on the warning are indeed based on scriptural reasons. But I don't think I will be able to comprehend it fully until I am well versed in the scriptures. Prehaps we may find more implicit mention of it at more places in the scripture.
Fatima & Medjugorje are well know to us & I believe in them. But I have not heard much about Garbandal. Is it actually approved by the Church.

Ron Conte
15th July 2008, 11:03 AM
Garabandal is neither approved, nor condemned by the Church. I think this is Providential, so that those who are greater in faith and wisdom, who can perceive the voice of their Savior and His first disciple (Mary) will have an understanding so as to assist the Church in guiding others to Him.

jack
16th July 2008, 09:10 AM
I think I'll do some research on Garabandal & ask around here for their opinion. If it has not been condemned by the Church then it is worth to spend time on it.

Shane
20th July 2008, 06:11 PM
A few nights ago I had a short dream about the Warning. It was nothing prophetic or anything like that; it dealt more with the few days preceding it. What lingered in my mind for a few days afterwards was the sense of gravity of the approaching event. I awoke in a mixture of excitement and nervousness, because in my dream the Warning was a day or two away. Excitement, because the Church was to begin an increase in holiness, and prove to the secular world that God exists, and nervousness, as we will await it a day or two beforehand, when it is announced. This sense of sombreness about the Warning has not left me; I began to feel compelled to tell my family on the day it is announced. I also feel a desire to inform our parish priest on what exactly will happen, after Mirjana's priest announces it but I don't know if that is a good idea at this point.

What I do know now; it will be quite hectic for us who do know just after the Warning is announced.

VKallin
20th July 2008, 06:48 PM
A few nights ago I had a short dream about the Warning. It was nothing prophetic or anything like that; it dealt more with the few days preceding it. What lingered in my mind for a few days afterwards was the sense of gravity of the approaching event. I awoke in a mixture of excitement and nervousness, because in my dream the Warning was a day or two away. Excitement, because the Church was to begin an increase in holiness, and prove to the secular world that God exists, and nervousness, as we will await it a day or two beforehand, when it is announced. This sense of sombreness about the Warning has not left me; I began to feel compelled to tell my family on the day it is announced. I also feel a desire to inform our parish priest on what exactly will happen, after Mirjana's priest announces it but I don't know if that is a good idea at this point.

What I do know now; it will be quite hectic for us who do know just after the Warning is announced.

Christ chose his disciples and his apostles to interpret and spread the faith. The apostles all had their own disciples after Christ ascended. These were not accidents. It is God's will that everyone have an opportunity to know the faith. The Warning is another instrument in God's plan for the salvation of all of his children. It is not an accident that you have foreknowledge of this event. We have all been invited into a group of individuals who will insure that this supernatural event accomplishes it's intended purpose. We can forewarn people beforehand and we can explain the event after the fact to people that know and trust us. Of course, we all have the free will to accept or decline this invitation, but God's providence is very evident in the spreading of this message.

Sacredcello
26th July 2008, 05:12 AM
Yesterday I was brave enough to share with one of my friends who is not Catholic about Garabandal and about the upcoming Warning. She said, "Cool!" and I think she meant it. She thought that it would be great if everyone knew their sins, as she has been treated maliciously by colleagues, etc. I even asked her if she would be willing to travel with me to Garabandal for the Miracle. But, she said she would have to get over her fear of bugs, as we would have to camp. :rolleyes:

When I was talking to her, I had the sense that I was revealing something very precious that is about to happen. At the same time, I sounded ludicrous, even to my own ears, as if I were one step away from the loony bin. I suppose that is what the Blessed Mother meant about communism or spiritual communism; that the invasion of moral relativism will be so pervasive, that to faithfully practice Catholicism would seem almost absurd.

Also, it is seems difficult to go back and forth between thinking about what the world is going to be like after the Warning and being engaged in the world as it is right now.

I am sure all of you must have similar feelings.

VKallin
26th July 2008, 09:59 AM
Yesterday I was brave enough to share with one of my friends who is not Catholic about Garabandal and about the upcoming Warning. She said, "Cool!" and I think she meant it. She thought that it would be great if everyone knew their sins, as she has been treated maliciously by colleagues, etc. I even asked her if she would be willing to travel with me to Garabandal for the Miracle. But, she said she would have to get over her fear of bugs, as we would have to camp. :rolleyes:

When I was talking to her, I had the sense that I was revealing something very precious that is about to happen. At the same time, I sounded ludicrous, even to my own ears, as if I were one step away from the loony bin. I suppose that is what the Blessed Mother meant about communism or spiritual communism; that the invasion of moral relativism will be so pervasive, that to faithfully practice Catholicism would seem almost absurd.

Also, it is seems difficult to go back and forth between thinking about what the world is going to be like after the Warning and being engaged in the world as it is right now.

I am sure all of you must have similar feelings.

We are a small group....united only by common beliefs. Based on what we believe, we have three choices:

1. We can retreat from the world into our faith

2. We can retreat from our faith into the world

3. We can try to live with one foot in our faith and one foot in the world.

Most of us choose option 3. It is not an easy or comfortable path, but I believe we will be among the few who are prepared to accept the truth as the anticipated events begin to unfold. At that time, many will seek answers and few will have them. Live on in your faith.

Sacredcello
27th July 2008, 06:35 AM
We are a small group....united only by common beliefs. Based on what we believe, we have three choices:

1. We can retreat from the world into our faith

2. We can retreat from our faith into the world

3. We can try to live with one foot in our faith and one foot in the world.

Most of us choose option 3. It is not an easy or comfortable path, but I believe we will be among the few who are prepared to accept the truth as the anticipated events begin to unfold. At that time, many will seek answers and few will have them. Live on in your faith.

Yes, and thank you for your insight on this strange road we travel.

The city where I live was founded by Franciscan missionaries, and there is still a strong Catholic presence here, albeit a quite liberal one. I am hoping it will be a good place to be after the Warning.

As we celebrate Old Spanish Days this week and enjoy the music, dancing and food, I will also remember that it was the Spanish people who brought the Catholic faith to California. And, the 4 girls from Garabandal, Spain who gave the world the message about the future of our world will be in my prayers, as well as all of you here on catholic planet.

God bless!

Pontifex
27th July 2008, 05:04 PM
Ron, are there any other things that you know and have note revealed concerning the future ?

Ron Conte
27th July 2008, 06:24 PM
Ron, are there any other things that you know and have not revealed concerning the future ?
I have not held back anything that I know
about the future of the Church and the World.

js1975
30th July 2008, 07:35 PM
Vkallin,

I know well in my life that Christ has very clearly made me understand that I must live in this world as an example and not retreat away from it. I understand it well, but still complain to him sometimes... ;)

{5:14} You are the light of the world. A city set on a mountain cannot be hidden.
{5:15} And they do not light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, so that it may shine to all who are in the house.
{5:16} So then, let your light shine in the sight of men, so that they may see your good works, and may glorify your Father, who is in heaven.

Shane
30th July 2008, 09:26 PM
As I went for my walk today, I was contemplating on the Day of Repentance, and a few thoughts sprung to mind. Firstly, in light of all of the ten secrets that will happen for this generation, the impact and significance of this Day is not to be underestimated. I was wondering to myself just how it might affect me, someone who at the moment is trying to prepare for that Day, when, through the grace of God, humanity will pause for a few moments and ponder its faults and sins.

I tried to reason as I walked; I have (and am continuing to) made reparation for sins I have committed in my past, and I wondered what exactly I would experience. Surely God would not accuse me for the sins I had already confessed and done penance for. I then reasoned that He would accuse people for the sins that offend Him most, particularly mortal sins and those violating His Commandments. I then thought, well, as far as I know, the worst sins of my past have been forgiven, and God could not accuse me for not worshipping Him, since I said sorry for that too, and I was now praying more than I had ever done in the past.

The Day of Repentance, or the Warning, is something I look forward to for the sake of humanity's sinfulness, but I am anxious about it all the same. I then wondered, when God touches my soul on that day, could I stand like I was now, and speak with full will and clarity and accept the Gift of Repentance? Or would His might and glory and justice force me to be burdened by the cumulative weight of my sins and so I would reject it? I struggle with this issue at the moment. We could all stand up from the keyboard this instance and proclaim "Yes! I accept!" but will it be that easy in front of God?

I hope that, in spite of true sorrow we may have to face, we may look back on the Day of Repentance as a glorious day for our faith.

mort
31st July 2008, 01:40 AM
It's going to be an interesting time, thats for sure

daytonafreak
31st July 2008, 04:15 AM
Would His might and glory and justice force me to be burdened by the cumulative weight of my sins and so I would reject it? I struggle with this issue at the moment. We could all stand up from the keyboard this instance and proclaim "Yes! I accept!" but will it be that easy in front of God?

I hope that, in spite of true sorrow we may have to face, we may look back on the Day of Repentance as a glorious day for our faith.

Yes I have thought of this too. I don't think (for us), merely accepting it will be the biggest issue, but rather, having the courage and resolve to change the things that we need to change in our lives afterwards, whatever those may be.

Orans
5th August 2008, 02:56 AM
The Day of Repentance, or the Warning, is something I look forward to for the sake of humanity's sinfulness, but I am anxious about it all the same. I then wondered, when God touches my soul on that day, could I stand like I was now, and speak with full will and clarity and accept the Gift of Repentance? Or would His might and glory and justice force me to be burdened by the cumulative weight of my sins and so I would reject it? I struggle with this issue at the moment. We could all stand up from the keyboard this instance and proclaim "Yes! I accept!" but will it be that easy in front of God?

Peace be with you, Sharon,

You have put words to something that many of us reflect upon as we think of the Warning. It is clear that no one of us can stand before the Lord without sin, we ALL are sinners. But that is not a hindrance to stand before the Lord -remember the Publican in the Gospel-

Your post reflects a deep Grace of conversion alive and active in your heart and life. There is no doubt that this Grace comes from God. And even as you went for a walk that day you realized that it was a priviledged moment of insight. But the anxiety you experience, that does not come from God. When there is anxiety we probably are trying to control something that is beyond our power.

No we cannot control our response neither today, nor the Day of the Warning, we can only humbly pray for the grace. And we can trust with absolute certainty that God will be for us that Day, as God has always been, as God is always for us, with us. Trust is an esential "ingredient" of our preparation.

I look forward with my whole heart to that inmmersion in Truth, my own truth indeed and also the Truth of what God's Plan is about, because if we are going to have even a glimpse of how God sees the world, our lives, MY life .... what else could be a better gift to me so that I can adjust the rest of my life to the Truth that I will be shown? And mine is the only life I really, truly can change.

I too hope this, and not only hope, I'm sure that we will be for ever grateful of having been part of the unique generation on earth to experience it.

Let us continue to support each other in prayer.
Orans

CP33mercynow
5th August 2008, 04:19 AM
Perhaps a good way to be less anxious about the 'Warning' and spend more energy on praying and making reparation for others is to Think about the very closely knit relationship between:

1) The "Good" thief at The Crucifixion
2) The vision The Holy Trinity at Tuy June 13, 1929 to Sor Lucia (Fatima seer who died Feb 13, 2005)
3) The Message of Divine Mercy revealed to St Faustina starting feb 22, 1931.

In all 3 instances, the shining moment is the humble acceptance of and trust in God's Mercy.

What best gift of God to humanity than His greatest attribute, His Divine Mercy? And what a timing for our generation! Since 1931, the need to trust in God's Infinite Mercy could not be more dire. With the heavily traveled Holy Father JPII, this message has reached most corners of the globe.

We would be more offending Our Lord, if we spent too much time in fear of the consequences of personal past sins and less in trust in God while making every effort at the present time to atone for ours and the sins of the most hardened sinners. "Many souls go to Hell because they have no one to pray for them and make reparation..." ---Our Lady of Fatima. "I am prolonging the time of mercy for the sake of sinners. But woe to them if they do not recognize this time of My visitation (Diary of Sor faustina, #1160)

The Good Thief recognized it. Sors Lucia and Faustina did like wise. But about our current generation at large? The best we can do every day until the Warning is to pray and make reparation for those that have not recognized or accepted God's Infinite Mercy. Else the first part of the tribulation will be much harder for those of us that may have to endure it.

Shane
6th August 2008, 08:22 PM
I've seen on some websites about Garabandal that a possible explanation for the sign in the sky may be two actual comet/asteroid fragments that throw the world into fear for some days and/or weeks before the Warning, as they threaten to collide with the Earth. This would, they argue, create fear and anticipation, which by their 'collision' in space, would make the Warning more effective in changing the conscience of humanity by making people stop and think.

Is this view feasible?

Shane

Ron Conte
7th August 2008, 12:19 AM
I've seen on some websites about Garabandal that a possible explanation for the sign in the sky may be two actual comet/asteroid fragments that throw the world into fear for some days and/or weeks before the Warning, as they threaten to collide with the Earth. This would, they argue, create fear and anticipation, which by their 'collision' in space, would make the Warning more effective in changing the conscience of humanity by making people stop and think.

No, it does not make sense scientifically to say that two comets or asteriods will collide. This idea is found only in some false private revelations.

The Warning is entirely supernatural, so it does not make sense for God to collide two comet/asteriod pieces as a way to begin it. What makes more sense is that an angel makes a sign (loud noise, bright light) to herald the start of the Warning.

Pontifex
12th August 2008, 12:05 AM
Ron, you state in your articles that some fallen angels offer some impetus and assistance to the upheaval and that it is very much a surprise to the fallen angels, for they did not know when this event of the first secret would occur.

This may sound funny, but could they know by simply reading your articles ? It seems that they derive knowledge based on their unrelenting presence in human activities and their influence thereof.

Ron Conte
12th August 2008, 01:07 AM
Ron, you state in your articles that some fallen angels offer some impetus and assistance to the upheaval and that it is very much a surprise to the fallen angels, for they did not know when this event of the first secret would occur.

This may sound funny, but could they know by simply reading your articles ? It seems that they derive knowledge based on their unrelenting presence in human activities and their influence thereof.

There are very many persons on earth with varying ideas about the future. Since fallen angels lack grace and faith, they are unable to judge wisely whom they should believe. Also, the fallen angels are not united, they are greatly divided. Even if one or another believed one thing about the future, the other fallen angels would not agree.

Sacredcello
12th August 2008, 02:57 AM
Our pastor is leading a pilgrimage to Medjugorje in May, 2009 for those in our parish who are interested and have the means to take such a trip. He has said that Medjugorje was a place of deep conversion for him. If the Warning takes place on Good Friday, 2009, then this trip will be taking place afterward. I imagine that the people will have so many questions for him, that it might be overwhelming. I would like to tell him that I have been saying rosaries for him in order that he be ready to lead, not only our parish, but our city to understand what is happening. I will be having an individual meeting with him soon in preparation for my marriage. But, I am not sure if it is right to say anything of this nature to him or not.

Have any of you spoken to your parish priest about the upcoming Warning?

Joey
12th August 2008, 01:36 PM
Sacredcello,
Many times I have felt the desire to do so, but opt not to. The information would probably not be well received. Instead I pray for him, and all other priests, as their ministries will be overwhelming. Our priests will need to be lifted up throughout the tribulation, and perhaps we will be able to assist them in various ways after the Warning has occured. It may be that your pastor would listen openly to a discussion of this nature. I don't think that is the case for our pastor. (And maybe I'm just a big chicken, too!)

VKallin
12th August 2008, 06:48 PM
I have mentioned this topic to several different priests in the last few years. Most true Catholics have their favorite devotionals and their favorite saints. I believe that priests are overwhelmed with requests to get involved with The Holy Name Society, Divine Mercy, The Sacred Heart, etc. and these are all worthy of prayer and committment. But when I mention the apparitions or the Warning, the reaction is usually a polite acknowledgement but no real interest. I plan to keep trying, but I think it may take the actual Warning to get everyone's attention. I plan to be very well prepared to deal with the confusion and the fear that will be everywhere following the actual event.

Arax
13th August 2008, 03:26 AM
Our pastor is leading a pilgrimage to Medjugorje in May, 2009 for those in our parish who are interested and have the means to take such a trip. He has said that Medjugorje was a place of deep conversion for him. If the Warning takes place on Good Friday, 2009, then this trip will be taking place afterward. I imagine that the people will have so many questions for him, that it might be overwhelming. I would like to tell him that I have been saying rosaries for him in order that he be ready to lead, not only our parish, but our city to understand what is happening. I will be having an individual meeting with him soon in preparation for my marriage. But, I am not sure if it is right to say anything of this nature to him or not.

Have any of you spoken to your parish priest about the upcoming Warning?
Personally I've been wrestling with how to even mention it to my children. My husband is willing to listen, but nobody else I know will pay any attention, and I spend most of my time with devout Catholics!

Like you I'm praying for people I know will need lots of grace when it happens, including myself. The worst part is that I feel as if there isn't enough time to fit everybody in.

Brother
13th August 2008, 02:59 PM
I don't think it would be prudent to stick these revelations into the head of people who don't want to listen, (Jesus Christ never did so either, He just preached and talked more to the ones who followed Him or showed interest like asking questions, etc.).

It is good to mention about it but when one notices that a person doesn't have interest on it, then, we should not insist on it. I think it would be better for us to be light for these people as good Catholics, showing unbelievers that at least you are a good Catholic with your deeds and example. So that when the time comes, when Conchita and the seers from Medjurgorje advise about the Warning a week beforehand, then, that will be the right time to mention unbelievers about it again; so when it happens, they will know that you foretold them so based on true private revelations. They will then most likely come to you again.

js1975
13th August 2008, 06:01 PM
Brother,

I do not entirely agree with you. I think that it is wise to be prudent, by taking opportunities where they will be received well, but in some cases we should tell people the truth regardless of the outcome. (John 10:16) I believe that we are all in different places in our journey, and all called for different purposes. Some of us are more confident in our faith than others. I have no problem talking to people about our faith, but some of you go door-to-door, which I really cannot do. (maybe someday)

I think we are all responsible for spreading what has been revealed to us. By doing so we will all grow in holiness and increase our faith.

{10:27} What I tell you in darkness, speak in the light. And what you hear whispered in the ear, preach above the rooftops.

Jesus did certainly tell people things that were not received well and was attempted to be stoned two separate times (I think). (John 8:59, John 10:31)

Brother
13th August 2008, 06:33 PM
Brother,

I do not entirely agree with you. I think that it is wise to be prudent, by taking opportunities where they will be received well, but in some cases we should tell people the truth regardless of the outcome. (John 10:16) I believe that we are all in different places in our journey, and all called for different purposes. Some of us are more confident in our faith than others. I have no problem talking to people about our faith, but some of you go door-to-door, which I really cannot do. (maybe someday)

I think we are all responsible for spreading what has been revealed to us. By doing so we will all grow in holiness and increase our faith.

Jesus did certainly tell people things that were not received well and was attempted to be stoned two separate times (I think). (John 8:59, John 10:31)

Yes, I agree with you, I did not say "not to do so", my point is not to insist with people who do not want to listen to you; which is different.

You can go to the rooftops and spread the news, but out of those people who you spread the news to, some are going to listen to you and others don't. Then, continue to talk with those who do want to listen to you. "He who has ears, let them hear". My point is not to persist on those who don't want to listen to you. Jesus went and spread the news, some followed and others quitted, Jesus did not go back insisting on those who did not wanted to continue listening His preaching. He simply let them go. He went into homes who kindly opened the door to Him or invited Him, He did not insisted or entered in houses where people did not wanted to open their home doors.

js1975
13th August 2008, 06:43 PM
Brother,

I see your point. I often times fall off that fine line and either stick my foot in my mouth with someone, or instead am silent when I should speak up.

-jay

Shane
15th August 2008, 07:02 PM
The Garabandal website (www.garabandal.org) has details of an upcoming 2009 pilgrimage, and it will coincide with the Warning. The Warning would happen in the middle of it. What a pilgrimage that would be.

Pontifex
18th August 2008, 02:58 PM
Ron, when Mirjana said: “The first two secrets will be warnings to the world, events that will occur before a visible sign is given to humanity. These will happen in my lifetime. Ten days before the first secret and the second secret, I will notify Father Petar Ljubicic. He will pray and fast for seven days, and then he will announce these to the world”.

The visible sign she is referring to is the Permanent signs (third secret)?

Ron Conte
18th August 2008, 03:51 PM
Yes, the visible sign is the Permanent sign.

Notice the wording: "Ten days before the first secret and the second secret"
rather than something like: Ten days before the first secret and ten days before the second secret. The reason is that the first and second secret are announced together, because they occur in close succession, April 10th and April 12th of 2009.

Shane
18th August 2008, 06:29 PM
Will the time of day of the Warning be revealed on April 7th by Father Petar? Also, may there be other unknown details about the Warning that may be revealed on that day?

Ron Conte
18th August 2008, 07:50 PM
I don't know. I suppose that the day, the time of day, and the details about the event, will be revealed.

Bible Apprentice
18th August 2008, 10:13 PM
Fr. Petar will be at a Marian Conference in New York on October 26th.
Here's the link:
http://www.sistermariefiles.com/conflyer.pdf

Peace.

Shane
10th September 2008, 09:46 PM
Just 7 months to go before the Warning. This year really is flying.

Ron Conte
10th September 2008, 10:12 PM
Yes, only 7 months till the Warning.

I hope every one is making some spiritual preparations.

St. Thomas More
11th September 2008, 12:50 AM
Ron,

Do you think that the seer, or any Catholic blogs/media, will announce when Fr. Petar begins his 7 day fast at that time? Or will the first announcement be the seer's announcement 3 days before the Warning?

Arax
11th September 2008, 02:06 AM
Yes, only 7 months till the Warning.

I hope every one is making some spiritual preparations.
There are so many people who won't be. I humbly suggest we think of seven people we know who will be really spiritually unprepared and devote an entire month to praying and sacrificing for that person.

Sacredcello
11th September 2008, 05:42 AM
There are so many people who won't be. I humbly suggest we think of seven people we know who will be really spiritually unprepared and devote an entire month to praying and sacrificing for that person.

I am going say at least one rosary per day for our pastor until the Warning. He apparently said in one of his homilies recently that he thinks women should become priests. I wasn't there when he said it, but many people are upset and are writing letters, but, more than anything, he needs our prayers. I like this priest very much, he is very sensitive, and has very many fine qualities and is said to have received his vocation at Medjugorje. In fact, he is taking our parish on a pilgrimage there in May.

Priests need our prayers! They are under attack by satan!

Ron Conte
11th September 2008, 01:00 PM
Ron,

Do you think that the seer, or any Catholic blogs/media, will announce when Fr. Petar begins his 7 day fast at that time? Or will the first announcement be the seer's announcement 3 days before the Warning?

I don't think they will announce at that time. How would they know? They will not believe me. Most people will not know it until the seer's announcement on April 7th.

Arax
12th September 2008, 02:47 AM
I am going say at least one rosary per day for our pastor until the Warning. He apparently said in one of his homilies recently that he thinks women should become priests. I wasn't there when he said it, but many people are upset and are writing letters, but, more than anything, he needs our prayers. I like this priest very much, he is very sensitive, and has very many fine qualities and is said to have received his vocation at Medjugorje. In fact, he is taking our parish on a pilgrimage there in May.

Priests need our prayers! They are under attack by satan!
This is really sad! I'll try to remember to pray for him as well.

js1975
10th October 2008, 12:42 PM
6 Months and counting....
-jay

Bible Apprentice
10th October 2008, 02:18 PM
Yes, Jay. And I'm starting to feel a little uneasy. Time is getting short. I look back at my life, and I don't know that I could ever be really prepared. If I prayed 24/7 there'd still be stuff out there.

Also, lately I have not been able to stick to my prayer routine because my mom has been very ill. I'm her health care agent and her translator, so I have been spending huge amounts of time at the hospital dealing with the doctors and nurses. She has been misdiagnosed, overmedicated, sent to rehabilitation too soon, poorly cared for at a rehabilitation facility that is literraly crumbling, returned to the emergency room... so I've gone from health care agent to watchdog.

I also have to care for my dad who is pretty much lost without her. Then there is the 17 year old son, the 13 year old daughter, the 4 year old son. My boss has been very accommodating, but I still have to put in my hours... Sometimes I tell myself that my service to my family has to be my prayer for now, but that often sounds like I'm rationalizing...

Here's a little refrain I keep singing in my head during the day to help keep me going "... Thank You God for the Love, and I thank You God for the Faith, and I thank You God for the Hope each day. You alone are the Truth, the Light and the Way... and the Way."

I hope I will still be singing this on April 10th.

Peace.

Shane
10th October 2008, 03:29 PM
Yes, the sense of urgency is gradually building as the fateful date approaches. Not to mention that the months are passing very quickly. I suppose all we can do is keep up our efforts to progress in the Faith and pray and hope that the experience will be not too traumatic for us and for all who have faith. I'm currently doing a novena of the Rosary, and one of my main petitions in that novena is that I may have the grace to gratefully accept the gift of repentance. Conchita's remark that one would rather be dead than experience the Warning must not be discounted too lightly. I hope and pray that we all will get through it in one piece.

Shane

Shane
11th November 2008, 07:57 PM
Now we are less than 5 months away from the first two secrets of Medjugorje. Time is rapidly slipping from under our feet. Trepidation is beginning to build, and I now start to feel uneasy when I think about the Warning, no matter how ready I can be.

mort
12th November 2008, 06:30 PM
Reading what you guys have written makes me think about our own roles. If this all comes to pass certainly Ron and this forum will get a lot of attention. I wonder what will happen then, will this site continue to run? Should we start saving all of Ron's writings on hardcopy? I even wonder about God's providence in leading me here and what my role might be. Anyway, it's all very interesting and I guess we'll have to wait and see.

God bless,
Mort

BIDUMATTW
12th November 2008, 10:06 PM
I have saved (printed out) certain things from the teaching series. My thoughts were, if in fact the unchurched, and poorly churched, and wrongly churched, do turn to the Catholic Church for instruction.... we better be ready willing and able.
If the viability of the internet is compromized it would be prudent to have as much of Ron's and other material available as is possible.
I also believe it would be prudent and wise to exchange personal contact infornmation with one another in this group.
Maybe Climacus could come up with a secret handshake... :)

sammy
12th November 2008, 10:28 PM
The luminous mysteries relate to the sacraments. The transfiguration relates to the sacrament of confirmation. The Holy Spirit is the main trinitarian element in this sacrament. In the conversion of Saul, the Holy Spirit was again the central presence. In the warning, is it the Holy Spirit or God the Father who will play the central role, or do we know? Sammy.

Shane
12th November 2008, 10:40 PM
The luminous mysteries relate to the sacraments. The transfiguration relates to the sacrament of confirmation. The Holy Spirit is the main trinitarian element in this sacrament. In the conversion of Saul, the Holy Spirit was again the central presence. In the warning, is it the Holy Spirit or God the Father who will play the central role, or do we know? Sammy.
I would think the whole Trinity - we are sent this warning from God the Father because we are His children who are going astray, from Jesus the Son who died on the Cross for us on Good Friday, from the Holy Spirit, who will illuminate our consciences with wisdom and understanding on that day.

Ron Conte
12th November 2008, 10:42 PM
Any act done by any of the three Persons is done by all three, since the Three are One. But certain acts are attributed to one Person rather than to another because of differences in roles between the Three Persons based on procession.

I'm not sure to which Person one should attribute the Warning.

Climacus Areopagite
13th November 2008, 12:20 AM
I guess I would speculate God the Father.

since it affects the soul (the highest aspect of human nature), and the effectiveness of the other two preparatory events in a way depend on how people first react to the Warning.

The Day of Consolation could be attributed to God the Son, since our spirits will be lifted up as were those of the disciples were when Christ rose from the dead and appeared to them.

The Miracle could be attributed to God the Holy Spirit since bodies are healed, or made more perfect, just as He works to perfect the Church (the Body of Christ)

Ron Conte
13th November 2008, 01:01 AM
good comments, sounds right to me.

Sacredcello
13th November 2008, 01:18 AM
The date of Warning is indeed swiftly approaching. My future husband has been asked to give a paper at a philosophy conference in Vancouver right in the middle of Holy Week. These conferences are always scheduled during Holy Week... I'm not sure what that says about philosophers in this post-Christian world! Anyway, the Holy Rosary Cathedral in Vancouver looks like a fine place to be during this very special Triduum. It looks like it has a very fine music program. Traveling back to the U.S., on the other hand, just days after the Warning, may prove to be chaotic as people are struggling to understand what happened.

Ron Conte
13th November 2008, 01:19 AM
sounds Providential to me.

jack
29th December 2008, 07:42 AM
Ron,
Do you think that the warning If it occurs will cause many more people to take up a religious vocation. Especially people who are at pains to decide whether they have a true calling or not. I would very much appreciate your comments on this.
jack

Ron Conte
29th December 2008, 11:50 AM
Ron,
Do you think that the warning If it occurs will cause many more people to take up a religious vocation. Especially people who are at pains to decide whether they have a true calling or not. I would very much appreciate your comments on this.
jack

Yes, I think that there will be a huge and sudden increase in vocations. The seminaries will be filled to the brim and overflowing, turning away persons because they have no room.

Bertrand
29th December 2008, 01:37 PM
Ron,
If in the days before April 10, 2009 we hear nothing from the seers in Medjugorje, could that indicate that it is not the correct date? In other words by April 8 or 9 we should have confirmation of the correctness of the date, no?
From my various research it seems that you are the only theologian to give this precise date for the warning.

Bertrand

Rob
29th December 2008, 01:58 PM
Ron,

How about Conchita, the seer from Garabandal, apparently she knows only the year of the Warning but not the day. If that is true, shouldn't she announce the event at the beginning of this year, if the year 2009 is correct?

Ron Conte
29th December 2008, 03:13 PM
Most theologians do not concern themselves with eschatology, and those who do often ignore private revelation. There are few theologians who have closely examined the messages of Garabandal and Medjugorje in their relationship to Catholic eschatology.

The first secret of Medjugorje will be announced three days in advance, so I assume that the announcment would be Tuesday, April 7th (which by the way is the historical date of the Crucifixion). But this is based on my conclusion that the first secret is the same as the Warning. I'm sure that this is correct, but it does not follow from the lack of an announcement in advance of the Warning that the date is wrong; that would only mean that the first secret were not the same as the Warning. But as I said, I am certain that the first secret is the Warning.

Conchita has never said that she would announce the year of the Warning, nor that she knows the year of the Warning. It is said that Mari-Loli knows the year of the Warning, but not the date. She has not stated that she would announce the year of the Warning.

If you have your doubts about the dates, it is not a problem since this is not a matter of faith or morals. But it would be foolish to conclude on April 7th, 8th, or 9th that the date of April 10th was wrong. If you doubt, then wait and see.

Truthseeker
29th December 2008, 03:24 PM
Most theologians do not concern themselves with eschatology, and those who do often ignore private revelation. There are few theologians who have closely examined the messages of Garabandal and Medjugorje in their relationship to Catholic eschatology.

The first secret of Medjugorje will be announced three days in advance, so I assume that the announcment would be Tuesday, April 7th (which by the way is the historical date of the Crucifixion). But this is based on my conclusion that the first secret is the same as the Warning. I'm sure that this is correct, but it does not follow from the lack of an announcement in advance of the Warning that the date is wrong; that would only mean that the first secret were not the same as the Warning. But as I said, I am certain that the first secret is the Warning.

Conchita has never said that she would announce the year of the Warning, nor that she knows the year of the Warning. It is said that Mari-Loli knows the year of the Warning, but not the date. She has not stated that she would announce the year of the Warning.

If you have your doubts about the dates, it is not a problem since this is not a matter of faith or morals. But it would be foolish to conclude on April 7th, 8th, or 9th that the date of April 10th was wrong. If you doubt, then wait and see.

On April 10th will there be any natural signes before the warning ? Am I correct to thing it will happen at 3:00 p.m. Gerusalem Time ?

Pontifex
29th December 2008, 05:43 PM
But as I said, I am certain that the first secret is the Warning.

Ron, if you were to rate on a scale of 1 to 10 that the Warning will take effect on april 10th, 2009, what would it be ?

Ron Conte
29th December 2008, 07:33 PM
I don't know of any natural signs on April 10th or prior to April 10th, 2009, that would indicate that the Warning is about to take place.

There will be the supernatural sign that Conchita described, which I interpret to be caused by an Angel (or two?), making some time of light/sound that will get everyone's attention just before the Warning itself.

See this article:
http://www.catholicplanet.com/secrets/garabandal-warning.htm

It occurs at 3 p.m. Jerusalem time (sun time, rather than Jerusalem Standard Time, i think). Here is a countdown clock to that time:
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?month=04&day=10&year=2009&hour=12&min=50&sec=0&p0=0

I'm sure that this is the correct date, but it is not the surety of an article of faith. I'm not going to put a number on how sure I am.

Shane
29th December 2008, 11:41 PM
Yes, I think that there will be a huge and sudden increase in vocations. The seminaries will be filled to the brim and overflowing, turning away persons because they have no room.
I wonder what effect the Great apostasy will have on the seminaries during the 2010s, particularly with this large upsurge of vocations?

Is it possible that the resulting schism will cause some seminaries to follow different paths, like that of the antipope, or would some seminaries become divided from within?

It would be a great shame if these new vocations after the Warning and Miracle were ruined by the apostasy (but then again, there is more than just the apostasy to be concerned about) especially when the projection is that very many people will not accept the truthful teachings of the Catholic Faith, which will be seen even down to the parish level.

Shane

Mary's Child
30th December 2008, 12:54 AM
Hi everyone,

I heard from a reliable source, Lorraine Louvat, a bishop approved healer in Maine, that all of the visionaries, as well as Conchita, are expecting to be on retreat at Garabandal during Holy Week this year. Lorraine Louvat was invited to go as well but will not be going.

When I told her a bit about Ron's predictions and asked her what she thought about the Warning falling on Good Friday, she said. "Maybe," at first, telling me about the retreat that was planned for that very time. Later, she said that it probably wouldn't happen then because of the retreat.

---------

On another note, did anyone see that there are exactly 100 days from January 1, 2009 to April 10, 2009? Does anyone see any significance in this number, from a scriptural or religious view?

God Bless Us,

Mary's Child

Ron Conte
30th December 2008, 12:51 PM
I wonder what effect the Great apostasy will have on the seminaries during the 2010s, particularly with this large upsurge of vocations?

Is it possible that the resulting schism will cause some seminaries to follow different paths, like that of the antipope, or would some seminaries become divided from within?

It would be a great shame if these new vocations after the Warning and Miracle were ruined by the apostasy (but then again, there is more than just the apostasy to be concerned about) especially when the projection is that very many people will not accept the truthful teachings of the Catholic Faith, which will be seen even down to the parish level.

Some seminaries are already filled with persons who are heretics, who are committed to objective mortal sin, who are not fit to be called Christian, let alone be priests (see Goodbye Good, Men by Michael Rose).

But then God's grace and providence will always provide some good men to be priests, depsite the circumstances in the Church and the world.

Already the groundwork for the great apostasy has been laid, in that most Catholics have rejected a number of required beliefs of the Catholic Faith.

The Warning and the Miracle will increase vocations, but then the great apostasy will test those vocations:

[Matthew 13]
{13:1} In that day, Jesus, departing from the house, sat down beside the sea.
{13:2} And such great crowds were gathered to him that he climbed into a boat and he sat down. And the entire multitude stood on the shore.
{13:3} And he spoke many things to them in parables, saying: “Behold, a sower went out to sow seed.
{13:4} And while he was sowing, some fell beside the road, and the birds of the air came and ate it.
{13:5} Then others fell in a rocky place, where they did not have much soil. And they sprung up promptly, because they had no depth of soil.
{13:6} But when the sun rose up, they were scorched, and because they had no roots, they withered.
{13:7} Still others fell among thorns, and the thorns increased and suffocated them.
{13:8} Yet some others fell upon good soil, and they produced fruit: some one hundred fold, some sixty fold, some thirty fold.
{13:9} Whoever has ears to hear, let him hear.”

Ron Conte
30th December 2008, 01:11 PM
I heard from a reliable source, Lorraine Louvat, a bishop approved healer in Maine, that all of the visionaries, as well as Conchita, are expecting to be on retreat at Garabandal during Holy Week this year. Lorraine Louvat was invited to go as well but will not be going.

When I told her a bit about Ron's predictions and asked her what she thought about the Warning falling on Good Friday, she said. "Maybe," at first, telling me about the retreat that was planned for that very time. Later, she said that it probably wouldn't happen then because of the retreat.

I don't think it is correct to describe anyone as 'bishop approved'. Bishops primarily teach the Faith. But giving approval to a person is not a teaching. And when Bishops exercise the temporal authority of the Church, they make practical decisions and judgments of the prudential order, but they do not judge a person as good or bad, approved or disapproved; they only judge actions and circumstances, not the person as a whole. She is not really 'bishop approved'.

I do not think that Lorraine Louvat is doing the will of God, but instead her own will, exalting herself, seeking priests who would be under her direction, and in a sense setting up her own church within the Church. I do not recommend attending her retreats or other functions. I don't consider her to be a reliable source. But you are free to hold your own opinion about her.

I doubt that all the visionaries will be on retreat in Garabandal, and I doubt that she was invited by them to go with them. I don't see why a retreat would indicate that the Warning would or would not happen at that time.

The tribulation is like a storm; those who seem to be good leaders within the Church, whether they are Cardinals, or Bishops, or priests, or deacons, or religious, or lay leaders, or theologians, will be tested by the tribulation. Some apparently good leaders have built their houses on sand; they have hidden sins (even heresy), or they are not really doing God's will but their own will; they are not really good leaders in the Church. But as the tribulation begins to unfold, they will fall apart and fall away from the Church. But those who are truly good leaders, and those who are not yet leaders but are good followers of Christ, will stand firm during the storm of the tribulation, having built their houses on the Rock.

So there will be a great upheaval in the Church as the Warning and other events unfold. Many who seem to be good leaders will fall away, and many new good leaders will rise up, humble and repentant and seeking to do God's will.

So do not give too much weight right now to those who seem to have the approval of Bishops or of scholars. Many of these who are first now will soon be last.

[Luke]
{6:46} But why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do what I say?
{6:47} Anyone who comes to me, and listens to my words, and does them: I will reveal to you what he is like.
{6:48} He is like a man building a house, who has dug deep and has laid the foundation upon the rock. Then, when the floodwaters came, the river was rushing against that house, and it was not able to move it. For it was founded upon the rock.
{6:49} But whoever hears and does not do: he is like a man building his house upon the soil, without a foundation. The river rushed against it, and it soon fell down, and the ruin of that house was great.”

Bertrand
30th December 2008, 07:45 PM
Ron,
you write in your article about the warning: "It has been said by Conchita that this event begins with the letter 'A'."
But technically speaking an angel is not really an event per say.
what do you think of the word: 'apparition'? Starts with A and it is an event.
Could the event be a Marial apparition like the one in Zeitun, Egypt in 1968 i think where everyone there could see the Virgin Mary above the church?
Since Mary has devoted some much energy to convert people by appearing in Medjugorje it would make sense that eventually God would permit that on that day everyone could see her, no?

Ron Conte
30th December 2008, 08:43 PM
Ron,
you write in your article about the warning: "It has been said by Conchita that this event begins with the letter 'A'."
But technically speaking an angel is not really an event per say.
what do you think of the word: 'apparition'? Starts with A and it is an event.
Could the event be a Marial apparition like the one in Zeitun, Egypt in 1968 i think where everyone there could see the Virgin Mary above the church?
Since Mary has devoted some much energy to convert people by appearing in Medjugorje it would make sense that eventually God would permit that on that day everyone could see her, no?

Perhaps I should have worded that sentence differently. Conchita was referring to the external sign that occurs before the Warning, which is internal in that it is an illumination of the conscience. So, no, it could not be an apparition.

Mary's Child
31st December 2008, 02:02 PM
Perhaps I chose the wrong words when I said "bishop approved." What I do know is that Lorraine Louvat meets with the bishop and is completely submissive to his authority over her ministry, originally named Lifesong. My feeling is that she is blessed with the power to heal from God. I do not believe she would lie about this retreat for the visionaries. I believe that God used her to heal a family member. She does have retired priests who come to Lifesong to say mass for special weekend retreats. I'm sure she would love it if a priest would live at Lifesong, but she is certainly aware of the shortage of priests and I don't think she is expecting one to drop at her doorstep and serve her community full time.

Ron Conte
31st December 2008, 03:38 PM
I do not want her 'ministry' promoted in this group.

Sacredcello
31st December 2008, 05:48 PM
Ron,

Would you say that there is a significant difference between the healing ministry of Sister Briege McKenna and Lorraine Louvat due to the fact that the former has taken vows in a religious order (Sisters of St. Clare) and the latter has not? I have just ordered Sister McKenna's book, Miracles Do Happen because I was interested in her story about how she was miraculously healed from rheumatoid arthritis and now she has been conducting healing prayer services for priests for the last 30 years. Before I ordered the book, I noticed in one of your posts that you said you had no objections to her ministry. I don't know if Sr. McKenna has any connection with Padre Pio, but she does seem to have some prophetic as well as healing gifts, (she spoke about Medjugorje before the apparitions began there) which she did not want to acknowledge in the beginning for fear of what other people would think. Lorraine Louvat, allegedly met with Padre Pio and he told her that she had similar healing gifts. Do you think she is lying about this? In any case, the adoration of the Eucharist is central to the healing prayer services of both Sr. McKenna and Lorraine Louvat (from what I read in various online articles). But, perhaps the devil can even use Eucharistic adoration for his purposes.

Ron Conte
31st December 2008, 06:50 PM
I'm working on an article criticizing the claims of Lorraine Louvat.
I'll post when that article is completed.

As far as I can tell from reading through her website, she has no approval from the current Bishop of her diocese (Bishop Malone). Nor does she have approval to found a Religious Community, nor to establish a lay association of the Christian faithful, nor to have Masses celebrated at her location (she is seeking a priest to live there and offer daily Mass), nor to hold religious services.

She claims to have been given the gift of healing and the gift of miracles from birth. No Saint has ever made such a claim. Rather, the Saints obtain answers to their prayers, even miracles and healings, due to their devotion and the holiness of their lives. All the faithful may sometimes obtain these same blessings. There is no such thing as a gift of healing and a gift or miracles from birth.

She is in effect setting up her own separate religious sect, with herself as teacher and leader. She seeks a priest to be under her direction to live at her community. She holds 'healing services' that are open to all Faiths, but are presented as if these were a type of liturgical service. Her community apparently welcomes non-Catholics (and those of other Faiths?). She also plans to hold what she calls a "healing festival," which combines a festival-like atmosphere (soda, fried foods, ice cream) with herself singing, playing guitar, and supposedly healing.

All these activities have herself alone as the center of attention. She calls herself a Prayer Hermit, but she seeks donations of free plane tickets so that she can travel and meet with various groups in other states or countries. She claims to be a contemplative, but she constantly seeks to surround herself with groups of persons who are led by her.

She makes numerous very doubtful claims such as that all this is a plan revealed to her by God through St. Pio. in the presence of an unnamed Bishop and priest.

Ron Conte
31st December 2008, 06:53 PM
I find nothing wrong with the ministry and work of Sister Briege.
http://www.sisterbriege.com/index.htm

I recommend members read her website and read about her work.

As for the difference between the two, is it not obvious?
Read both sites and see for yourself.

Paul Bellett
1st January 2009, 10:28 AM

I listened to her many years ago when she gave a talk in Knock, Ireland.
She gave a very inspirational personal testimony regarding her worldwide mission work and the healings/miracles associated with it. If only more Sisters were on fire like her, with their endevours to evangelise, to live and spread the gospel!

Sacredcello
1st January 2009, 10:58 PM

Fair enough. It does seem that Sister Briege is doing the Lord's work. I am looking forward to reading her book when it arrives, along with about 10 other books I am currently reading.

It is so maddening to root out the truth about a person sometimes, especially when their claims are mixed in with the truths of our faith. I discovered a blog of a Catholic priest in Boulder, Colorado who praises Loraine Louvat after she visited their parish a few years ago. This is what he says:

"She insisted that her ministry of healing was the work of Jesus. In fact, she wanted the Blessed Sacrament displayed in what we call Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament. And all through the service Lorraine kept referencing Jesus and His Real Presence in the Blessed Sacrament and how He is the healer, not her.

My hope for Boulder is that what happened that evening will become the beacon of light I so want our parish to be for all the people of Boulder. The Light of Christ shining in the dark, drawing people of all kinds into His love, symbolized by the Sacred Heart of Jesus."

I have not done the research that you have done, Ron, in discerning truly prophetic and miraculous claims from false ones. It seems that you are right about her. She has, perhaps, deceived many good people.

Ron Conte
1st January 2009, 11:20 PM
Yes, all the false prophets, false visionaries, false healers, etc. always mix in truth and falsehood. Some of them are perhaps sincere in their misguided efforts. It can be hard to discern which ones are false.

Sacredcello
2nd January 2009, 12:47 AM
Back to the theme of the Warning on April 10, 2009: do you think that my future husband might be given a change of heart about Marian apparitions on the day of Consolation, after having experienced the Warning? He is extremely skeptical about ALL of the supposed apparitions, and does not care to put any effort into discerning the true from the false. He thinks that the various children are sincere, but are being deceived by something, though he does not like to even say that it is diabolical. After having reverted to the Catholic faith in 2008, he is still very sympathetic towards Protestantism. Since the apparitions have, for the most part, only appeared to devout Catholic children, he does not see this as a sign that Catholics are especially blessed by the Virgin, but, rather he takes these as a negative sign of division among Christians. Also, he is willing to practice what the Church teaches in regard to Natural Family Planning once we are married, but he doesn't see anything at all wrong with contraception. He says that it is due to his training as an analytical philosopher. He claims to have read Humanae Vitae over and over, but cannot make sense of the circular arguments. I hope that the Warning and Consolation will bring a change of heart.

Will it be like what St. Paul experienced on the road to Damascus?

Shane
2nd January 2009, 01:21 AM
Given that the Warning happens within the liturgical year of St Paul, and it being 2009, connected with Acts, chapter 9, it is indeed very symbolic and closely connected with St Paul's conversion. Essentially, the Warning will do for us what it did for St Paul; it will reveal to us that we are sinners and while we may think our lives may be moral, sin is in fact a greater presence than we would initially think. Paul (or Saul) converted, renounced the errors of his ways, and ended up being one of the Church's key evangelists, even forming an integral part of the New Testament.

The Secrets of Medjugorje will confirm that the apparitions are true, and also of those at Garabandal. After the permanent signs, it would be silly trying to refute sites of true private revelation, when the truth is literally visible for all to see.

Paul Bellett
2nd January 2009, 09:37 AM
The Secrets of Medjugorje will confirm that the apparitions are true, and also of those at Garabandal. After the permanent signs, it would be silly trying to refute sites of true private revelation, when the truth is literally visible for all to see.

Does that mean Shane, that some of the Irish instead of refuting True Private Revelation , may go around saying "To Be Sure, To Be Sure, To Be Sure…" it has indeed happened.

Just a famous Irish idiom that has come to mind :-)

Another Irish Blessing:
“May The Best Day of Your Past be
the Worst Day of Your Future”

Ron Conte
2nd January 2009, 12:29 PM
Back to the theme of the Warning on April 10, 2009: do you think that my future husband might be given a change of heart about Marian apparitions on the day of Consolation, after having experienced the Warning?
I think that the Warning will show him that he has been guilty of a lack of faith, and that he will likely repent from that sin, renewing his faith in Catholicism. While private revelations are not required belief, devotion and faith tend toward belief in the Marian apparitions.

He is extremely skeptical about ALL of the supposed apparitions, and does not care to put any effort into discerning the true from the false. He thinks that the various children are sincere, but are being deceived by something, though he does not like to even say that it is diabolical. After having reverted to the Catholic faith in 2008, he is still very sympathetic towards Protestantism. Since the apparitions have, for the most part, only appeared to devout Catholic children, he does not see this as a sign that Catholics are especially blessed by the Virgin, but, rather he takes these as a negative sign of division among Christians. Also, he is willing to practice what the Church teaches in regard to Natural Family Planning once we are married, but he doesn't see anything at all wrong with contraception. He says that it is due to his training as an analytical philosopher. He claims to have read Humanae Vitae over and over, but cannot make sense of the circular arguments. I hope that the Warning and Consolation will bring a change of heart.

FAITH means believing in things that you don't understand. I would never have arrived at all of the teachings of the Church from reason alone, despite my own 'training in philosophy' (my BA is in philosophy/theology). We BELIEVE because of FAITH in Christ and in Divine Revelation (Tradition and Scripture) and in the Church.

Will it be like what St. Paul experienced on the road to Damascus?

It is comparable to that experience, but it will not be exactly like it. It is not a conversation with Christ, but a review of our consciences with Christ.

Brother
2nd January 2009, 04:13 PM

Thanks for the recommendation Ron,

I listened to her prayer for this new year 2009; all of us should go to that link, hear and pray with her for I think we need it.

Truthseeker
3rd January 2009, 08:38 AM

Once I heard Sister Briege while giving a talk in Malta that Malta would be saved. So should I rely on her prophecy ? I heard from various other poeple saying they read prophecies about Malta being a light in the dark times. Do you know anything about the faith of Malta ? Even one of the seers of Medjugorje was once in Malta and allegedly said the same thing.

Ron Conte
3rd January 2009, 01:03 PM
Once I heard Sister Briege while giving a talk in Malta that Malta would be saved. So should I rely on her prophecy ? I heard from various other poeple saying they read prophecies about Malta being a light in the dark times. Do you know anything about the faith of Malta ? Even one of the seers of Medjugorje was once in Malta and allegedly said the same thing.
The Catholic Faith is stronger in Malta than in most other places on earth. I don't think her comment means anything more than that.

garabandalg
3rd January 2009, 05:28 PM
Shane, it is interesting you should have noted the relationship between Paul and the warning, as I have written on this very topic. Please see the link below.

http://www.ourlady.ca/info/upcomingDamascus.htm

Shane
3rd January 2009, 09:34 PM
Shane, it is interesting you should have noted the relationship between Paul and the warning, as I have written on this very topic. Please see the link below.

http://www.ourlady.ca/info/upcomingDamascus.htm
Thanks for posting.

gateKeeper
11th February 2009, 04:33 PM
Ron, do you recomend any websites where you think the visionaries of Medjagorje will anounce the warning on April 7th? Any sites to keep an eye on?
Jpc

Ron Conte
11th February 2009, 04:42 PM
Ron, do you recomend any websites where you think the visionaries of Medjagorje will anounce the warning on April 7th? Any sites to keep an eye on?
Jpc
There is an official Medjugorje website, but I expect that the visionaries will announce very broadly through the news media.

Therese
18th February 2009, 09:37 AM
I have read Sister Briege's book many years ago,I think it was called,'Miracles do Happen',I highly recommend it.

TheGiftOfLife
7th March 2009, 05:23 AM
Ron,
Did or does the fact that April 10th is the 100th day of the year mean anything to you?

Also, I hear Microsoft is planning on releaseing WINDOWS 7 on April 10th 2009.
If thats not a scary warning that will shake the world then I dont know what is, especially after Windows Vista..

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/02/20/microsoft-anticipating-april-10-for-windows-7-release-candidate/

Sorry about the joke, I just couldnt resist after my horrible experience with Windows Vista.

Hope no one was offended by my humor.
John

Ron Conte
7th March 2009, 11:50 AM
I don't see any meaning in the fact that April 10th is the 100th day of the year.

I see meaning in that April 10th is Good Friday,

also that Fr. Petar begins fasting on March 31, same month and day as the end of the three days of darkness in 2040, so the beginning and the end of this time period are related

also that Christ died on April 7th, and the first secret of Medjugorje is announced on April 7th

also that the Warning occurs at the same time of day that Christ died (by Jerusalem sun time)

gateKeeper
18th March 2009, 04:52 PM
According to Garabandal.us by Connie Hoebich, to a question about the nature of the warning, Conchita once replied "It will be like fire. It will not burn our flesh, but we will feel it bodily and interiorly.". Would it be wise to assume that the warning in part will have the effect of a short but intense purgatory? Will we be in intense physical pain?

Ron Conte
18th March 2009, 05:01 PM
According to Garabandal.us by Connie Hoebich, to a question about the nature of the warning, Conchita once replied "It will be like fire. It will not burn our flesh, but we will feel it bodily and interiorly.". Would it be wise to assume that the warning in part will have the effect of a short but intense purgatory? Will we be in intense physical pain?

No, the Warning does not replace Purgatory, nor is it a Purgatory on earth.
Neither is the Warning a 'mini-judgment', as some have claimed (referring to the particular judgment).

The figure of fire is a figure of speech, describing the effect of knowing the sins that are on our conscience. It is not a punishment for sin, as Purgatory is.

sammy
31st March 2009, 06:33 PM
There has been a surge of guests in CP lately. The number of guests when I check in is the 20's to 40's at any given time. I know I have been searching other sites lately to see what others are saying. Interesting times for those of us who have an interest in eschatology. Sammy.

VKallin
31st March 2009, 10:26 PM
Ron, what do you expect the content of the announcement to be? Will it describe the events or simply announce a date for the 1st secret? Will both the 1st and 2nd secrets be announced?

Do you expect the major media outlets to pick it up, or will it make the rounds thru blogs and internet web sites?

Ron Conte
1st April 2009, 01:35 AM
Ron, what do you expect the content of the announcement to be? Will it describe the events or simply announce a date for the 1st secret? Will both the 1st and 2nd secrets be announced?

Do you expect the major media outlets to pick it up, or will it make the rounds thru blogs and internet web sites?

I expect that both the first and second secrets will be announced on the 7th of April, giving the dates and the events of each.

myLivingBread
1st April 2009, 03:15 AM
Ron,

Will the other visionaries announces also what has revealed unto them on this two secrets?

TheGiftOfLife
1st April 2009, 03:23 AM
Ron,
Would Catholics or non-Catholics who refuse to believe in the true presence of Christ in the Eucharist see that they were sinning by not believing?

Ron Conte
1st April 2009, 12:24 PM
Ron,

Will the other visionaries announces also what has revealed unto them on this two secrets?

I don't know if the other visionaries will make announcements.

Ron Conte
1st April 2009, 12:25 PM
Ron,
Would Catholics or non-Catholics who refuse to believe in the true presence of Christ in the Eucharist see that they were sinning by not believing?

Catholics who refuse to believe are most probably committing an actual sin, so they would be shown this sin. Some non-Catholics might not be culpable for their disbelief, so they will only be shown actual sins on their consciences, not sins that are merely objective.

sammy
5th April 2009, 12:23 AM
I am going to relay 3 occurances that happened to me in the last few days. #1- I woke up in the middle of the night 3 nights ago. I had just had a dream that explained spiritual communism to me perfectly. Do not ask me to go into details because I do not remember but when I woke up, I thanked the Lord with my lips. In a nut shell, spiritual communism had been consummated. #2- My wife woke up in the middle on the night 2 nights ago and she had just had a dream. She woke me up and said she had a dream involving the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Her words to me were that the warning was going to happen. She was telling me about the dream and I fell asleep. I have not pressed her on the details since. #3 I had a medical conference in an Austin hotel today. I decided to go get the Austin newspaper before the conference started and the gift shop referred me to the registration desk. I waited briefly and there were 4 clocks on the wall behind the clerk. They were large, round manual clocks and they recorded time across the continental US. It was 8:51 in New York, 7:51 in Austin, 6:51 in Denver, and 5:51 in Los Angeles. I just felt like sharing with the forum.

Sacredcello
5th April 2009, 12:58 AM
I am going to relay 3 occurances that happened to me in the last few days. #1- I woke up in the middle of the night 3 nights ago. I had just had a dream that explained spiritual communism to me perfectly. Do not ask me to go into details because I do not remember but when I woke up, I thanked the Lord with my lips. In a nut shell, spiritual communism had been consummated. #2- My wife woke up in the middle on the night 2 nights ago and she had just had a dream. She woke me up and said she had a dream involving the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Her words to me were that the warning was going to happen. She was telling me about the dream and I fell asleep. I have not pressed her on the details since. #3 I had a medical conference in an Austin hotel today. I decided to go get the Austin newspaper before the conference started and the gift shop referred me to the registration desk. I waited briefly and there were 4 clocks on the wall behind the clerk. They were large, round manual clocks and they recorded time across the continental US. It was 8:51 in New York, 7:51 in Austin, 6:51 in Denver, and 5:51 in Los Angeles. I just felt like sharing with the forum.

Thank you for sharing these, Sammy. It sounds like synchronicity (otherwise known as God's Providence) is all pointing toward the Warning happening according to Ron's prediction.

Ron Conte
5th April 2009, 12:59 AM
Those all sound to me like experiences from God. God's grace and providence is always guiding us, sometimes we notice and other times we don't. The clocks seems like providence to me. And the dreams are a result of grace working in the soul. Thanks for sharing that.

Paul Bellett
5th April 2009, 03:47 AM
In the Garabandal International Magazine by the Workers of Our Lady of Mt Carmel (January -March 2009) edition on pages 8 & 9 there is an article called "An Open Letter to our Children" and the editor cites the author as just being a 'Garabandal Supporter'.
As Ron has already pointed out there are claims in this magazine and from sources elsewhere that "The Miracle" will happen within a twelve month period of "The Warning", which we really know do not make a lot of sense, since Mari-Loli only knows the year when "The Warning" will occur but not the actual date, and Conchita only knows just the date of "The Miracle". Thus it is a lesson to all of us that we all should carefully discern the errors published by this magazine from the real facts of these apparitions.

Anyhow, the Open Letter goes on to say that the Spanish word for this event is "Aviso". The 'Garabandal Supporter' which the magazine editor Tony Kissane somehow has cared not to name says "Aviso" was unfortunately translated into English as "The Warning" .
The unknown author then argues that a better translation would have been "The Call", representing a call from God to be reconciled with Him.
We have members that can speak Spanish on this forum. What do you make of this translation of "Aviso" into English?

JuanLuis
5th April 2009, 05:26 AM
If in spanish is el Aviso then in english coud be the call, or notification and warning, too. If you are literal the the Warning would be la Advertencia.

Ron Conte
5th April 2009, 11:55 AM
These kinds of discussions about which word to use are common in discussions about Bible translations and also about Church documents. What happens is that someone will claim that one and only one word properly translates from the source text, and that any other word is a serious error. But I know from translating the Bible, and from looking at Church documents in various languages, that these arguments are foolish, not edifying to anyone, and not helpful to understanding the text.

When translating the Bible, there are many different ways to express the same truths. There is not only one word that is correct. For example, in 1 Cor 13, the word 'love' can be used for the translation, or the word 'charity'.

So in the case of the Warning, the meaning of the event is as a Warning and as a call to repentance, and this same event could also be explained in many other ways, with many other wordings. Such arguments about the exact word to choose are foolish.

Sacredcello
5th April 2009, 10:42 PM
On Holy Thursday at our parish, we will have Mass at 7 PM followed by a Eucharistic Procession into the Sacred Garden and Adoration until Midnight. This is the first time anything like this has taken place at our parish. I believe it is God's Providence in preparation for the Warning.

Pontifex
5th April 2009, 11:00 PM
Ron,

Do you think the Warning will have any effect for those in Purgatory ?

Ron Conte
5th April 2009, 11:49 PM
Ron,

Do you think the Warning will have any effect for those in Purgatory ?

No, none. They already know all of their sins, and this knowledge is the main cause of their sufferings.

garabandalg
6th April 2009, 12:50 AM
I agree with Ron that worrying about the translation of this event from aviso is foolish.

In a way, all of the translations show different sides of this event.

The only word we need keep close to our hearts now and forever and obviously on that day is Dios in Spanish and God in English...He is the source of our blessings, the proper destination for our worship and thanks and the only Home we will ever need...

garabandalg
6th April 2009, 12:55 AM
By the way, I forgot to mention that I wrote for that magazine for a number of years. Upon the successive deaths of the original founder and his replacement, the magazine has become more and more "politically correct" in some ways, avoiding controversy etc.

They returned some of my articles on the grounds that I was too aggressive and assertive in my tone, not pulling any punches in my calls for readers to change their lives, and that I might offend some.

The last straw came when they refused to fully publish my stations of the pines article, not really giving reasons but making it clear that they did not care to post the piece. Ron graciously has. I felt that my time there was very helpful to me but that it was time to move on.

Sacredcello
6th April 2009, 01:26 AM
In thinking about these last hours as we await Father Petar's announcement, I am reminded that Joey Lomangino has waited what must seem like an eternity to him. I only learned about Garabandal last summer, but he was there back in the early 60's. When he was interviewed by Mother Angelica more than 10 years ago, he said that he would joke with the Blessed Mother that the Miracle had better come soon, otherwise he would be so old that he wouldn't be able to see with his "new eyes!" Of course he knew about Conchita's statement that there would be "3 more Popes and then the end of our times," but it must have been a long wait. May God bless him for his good work in spreading the news. Incidentally, I received a postcard at the beginning of Lent from his organization with a picture of a crucifix and the words, "Think of the passion of Jesus."

sammy
6th April 2009, 11:53 AM
The other thing I meditated on last night was Jesus. Think about how he must have felt during the countdown to the passion knowing what He would go through. Sammy.

jack
6th April 2009, 12:20 PM
Even now I have many questions concerning the warning but I feel it is not the time to ask any more since the truth will be known in a few days. Besides warning or not it does not take away the obligation to be prepared.
I had tried by best to prepare for the holy week partly thinking of the warning & partly as I had always done. But I am no where near I had hoped I would be & even worse I am confused & unknowing of God's plan for me. Now I only trust in the mercy of the Lord. I have read a lot of the personal conversion stories of many of the members at the forum & have wished often if I could write my own. Nevertheless I believe I am blessed by God to have been part of this forum.

I implore everyone to include me also in their prayers during this holy week.

jack

Jeanne D'Arc
6th April 2009, 12:21 PM
I just received this in my email this morning. It is the link to an older article to which you are referring.

http://www.garabandal.us/pdfs/bo_passion_jesus.pdf

Ron Conte
6th April 2009, 01:24 PM
Notice how God placed the Warning on the day which would be also most providential. Devout Christians, even those not aware of the Warning, are preparing for Good Friday in the same what that they would prepare if they know about the Warning, by fasting and prayer, by conversion away from sin. The last ordinary opportunity for Confession before Good Friday is this Wednesday. I encourage those readers of this forum who have not gone to confession very recently to go on that day, even if you went to confession only a week and a half or two weeks and a half earlier.

garabandalg
7th April 2009, 12:30 PM
I have always thought that God is so merciful that He has the Warning on a day when many people will have gone to confession anyway. If this event occurred on a regular day it would sure catch many more without confession.