Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 43 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 91 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 95 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 103 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 114 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 118 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 126 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 195 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 402 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::db_connect() should be compatible with vB_Database::db_connect($servername, $port, $username, $password, $usepconnect) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::select_db_wrapper() should be compatible with vB_Database::select_db_wrapper($database = '', $link = NULL) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2330 Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1505 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Session::fetch_substr_ip() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1589 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Shutdown::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2333 How will the world try and explain away the warning? [Archive] - CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group

PDA

View Full Version : How will the world try and explain away the warning?

Archangel Michael
11th June 2008, 01:26 PM
Was thinking about how the world and the media will try and explain away the warning.

Will they say there was a mass(global) hallucination... kinda how some tried to explain away the miracle of Fatima?

Will some say that an alien influence was the cause of this Global warning and not God?( perhaps the buildup of alien sightings, and theorys for the past 50 years is satan's way to try and trump the warning and its after affects.)
I can almost hearing people say, " there is no God, this was the work of an alien intelligence"

anyone else thinking along these lines?

VKallin
11th June 2008, 03:13 PM
I have also wondered about the immediate reaction to the warning. Since there is no precedence for this event, we have nothing to compare it to.

I believe that 99 percent of the world population will have no advance knowledge of the event. Another large percentage will have no faith, or a very misguided faith. Therefore, I think the initial reaction, after the fear and shame are brought under control, will be to hide the effects. Not realizing that everyone else has had the same experience, the initial effort will be to act normal thinking that "nobody would believe me....even if I could explain it".

Those with advance knowledge of the event will primarily be people with some faith and some knowledge of God. This very small segment of the population will still suffer, but will recover more quickly than most. This group has a responsibility, I believe, to help the general population understand the true significance of the moment. Sadly, I believe that many of the clergy will be totally lost, and of very little help.

Another concern that I have is the very short window of time before the Day of Consolation. I am not sure if the decision for true repentence and acceptance of Christ must be made immediately (during the warning), or if people will have 24-48 hours to comprehend the event and then recognize the significance of their sins. If they have the benefit of the 2 days, then the greatest impact that we can have is immediately after the warning. If they do not have the benefit of the 2 days, that tells me that our efforts must be made before the warning. Perhaps Ron can help us with this question.

In either case, I believe that those people who have an advanced understanding of the event are in this position thru God's providence. The information being disseminated through this forum and thru various other organizations and ministries about the Blessed Mothers Plans and the Marian Era are not random accidents.

I am not sure about the longer term reaction to the warning by the general population. Many of Ron's writings address this question. My concern right now is for the maximum benefit that must be gained from the event itself. I view this as a "watershed event" which will polarize the general population one way or the other. I feel that the Blessed Mother has quietly been preparing me for this event for at least 5 years now, and probably many others as well. If we fail to take the appropriate action at the appropriate time, many souls may be lost. It is a heavy thought, and needs some serious reflection by all who are reading these words.

js1975
11th June 2008, 05:23 PM
Perhaps I misunderstood the span of the 2 - 2 1/2 days between the Warning and day of repentence, but I am figuring that to be the longest two days of my life. It will be a period of suffering and pain at an emotional/guilt/sorrowful level. I wish the span of time was 2 hours instead.

I assumed that if someone rejected that pain, then they would pretty much be lost from the start. I never realized that perhaps as time passes they will reconsider and perhaps again accept the feeling of guilt after time of reflection. I worry about my family, and extended family, and my friends, and you guys. I hope no one has more pain then they can handle and reject the warning in their hearts. I imagine that everyone will be capable of degrees of repentence, such as a person who has completely accepted their faults vs. someone who wants to repent but struggles with their desires vs. guilt. I am talking way over my own head, so I will stop now!! :)

Brother
11th June 2008, 06:47 PM
Since excuses where originated - and this goes all the way back to our first fathers (Adam and Eve) after they ate the fruit - I won't be surprised of excuses, and mockings about the Warning.

Brother
11th June 2008, 06:54 PM
I would not be surprised (and i'm afraid that) if unrepentant people will use the Warning for their own evil purpose such as alleging that "God told them in the Warning to do an evil thing".....Extremists could very well say that "God to suggested them in the Warning to bomb a particular city...", ....."That God told a person he is a god".....and those sort of things...etc. These allegations will obviously be false.

Ron Conte
11th June 2008, 06:57 PM
10 April 2009: The Warning = the Day of Repentance = the first secret of Medjugorje

12 April 2009: the Day of Consolation = the second secret of Medjugorje (not mentioned at Garabandal)

length of time between events:

10 April 2009 (about 8:50 a.m. East Coast Time in the U.S.)
12 April 2009 (I'm thinking about first light, just before dawn, regardless of time zone)

Climacus Areopagite
11th June 2008, 09:15 PM
12 April 2009 (I'm thinking about first light, just before dawn, regardless of time zone)

So maybe it is a good idea to be up early before dawn praying.

Mary's Child
11th June 2008, 11:30 PM
I'm wondering if we should all plan to be at home, so we can deal with this event in a meditative area, or be at work? Would it be possible to be in Church at that hour? Would we be even capable of helping anyone through this (at work or anywhere else) when we will obviously will be dealing with our own sorrow and pain? I'm a teacher, and half of me wants to be there for my kids (public school....hmmmm...would I even dare to explain what I know...and put my job on the line?)

So, where is everyone planning to be on April 9, 2009?

Shane
11th June 2008, 11:44 PM
So, where is everyone planning to be on April 9, 2009?

At home, holding on to the sofa as tightly as possible. And wearing sunglasses.

I had thought about retreating to the church or somewhere else to be on my own, but I suppose it would be more advisable to be with my family, since I am the only one who could explain it best, and be of some comfort.
It's hard to decide, really. I'll let Providence guide me as to where I should be on that day.

I wonder, will those indoors miss the sign in the sky?

sweet basil
11th June 2008, 11:56 PM
Mary's Child,

I have thought about this too - where will I be. I plan on being home with my children since they will be off for the Easter break.

I've mentioned before that not too long ago, I had what I consider a "mini-warning". I felt such immense sorrow for my sins and it lasted for approximately 2 days. Initially I felt inconsolable but did get to speak about it generally to a good friend. It felt like when the closest person to you died, great sorrow and a sense of not knowing what to do with myself. A little time later, I also felt this immense love for others and it gave me insight into how we are to love others and how God loves us all. I was beyond myself with love for others. These were the two emotions almost simultaneously. After the two days, I started to feel "myself" again. Closer to God but with some knowledge of how he sees me and how low and little I really am. I wonder if the real Warning will be like this again for me or will it bring me much further or to a completely different place. In some sense it's like I've been flushing out my sins for a while now. But of course I'm not completely there yet.

js1975
12th June 2008, 01:48 AM
I will be at home with my wife and children. I will be in a position prepared for sorrow, (kneeling?), and still explaining to my wife that, 'yes, this is going to happen', and probably, 'no I am not making this up'. :eek:

-jay

SouthernRC
12th June 2008, 05:24 PM
Unfortunately, I am a public accountant and will lose my job if if I don't show up 5 days before individual income tax returns are due.

I am not married, nor do I have children and so have no duties at home.

But, I am worried about my girlfriend. She is a very faithful and prayerful Catholic, but she is from a disfunctional and broken home. I could write a book about her short life so far. Even though she is emotionally drained, I believe she will benefit from the Warning because of her faith.

I have tried to tell her about the Warning, but she has disbelief. My main concern will be her well being on that morning because of her emotional instability. I may end up leaving the office on that Friday morning to be with her. Hopefully I will keep my job.

My point is, as the others have suggested before me, you should be with those who need you.

garabandalg
12th June 2008, 05:50 PM
No matter where we are, we must endeavor to be with God, who is our loving and merciful Father. If I fear the suffering of the Warning, I am terrified by the prospect of never being near my Heavenly Father.

garabandalg
12th June 2008, 05:54 PM
I believe that the media will try to explain it as some cosmic event and the reactions of people will either be ignored or explained as their own subjective reaction to that event.

JuanLuis
12th June 2008, 08:03 PM
I believe that the media will try to explain it as some cosmic event and the reactions of people will either be ignored or explained as their own subjective reaction to that event.

Thats exactly what Im thinking of, they most probably will say it was a solar burst or that a star nearby exploted emitting an intense light and sound.;)

Archangel Michael
12th June 2008, 08:19 PM
That might be true, but I don't know how they can explain away everyone kinda like "seeing their conscience".

I know the media and the world will try. I just feel they are going to try and cast it off as some alien probe of humanity's mind or some such nonsense.

garabandalg
13th June 2008, 02:43 AM
Most people believe that if they fear for their safety or life their life "flashes before their eyes". Most will therefore believe that out of shock, fear etc, they saw this as a result of their own mind and emotions.

Angela
13th June 2008, 01:39 PM
I know that I want to be at home, and have already planned to be. Although God may have alternate plans for me!

Bible Apprentice
13th June 2008, 03:07 PM
I'm putting in for a day off from work, as I always do on Good Friday. School will be out that day. There is a 9:00am Mass in my parish. I am going to try to gather the family for that mass & get there a bit early so we can be in church at the time of the warning. I have a feeling we will need the Sacrifice of the Mass at that moment.

Angela
13th June 2008, 03:40 PM
Bible Apprentice - that's a good idea. I always take Holy Week off also, so I could be at Mass too.

But, since I was away from the Church for years, and didn't do a very good job raising my children in the faith, I hope the Lord allows me to be at home with them when the Warning comes.

JuanLuis
15th June 2008, 09:50 PM
I dont know if I should do it, but I will be telling some people: I told you so!

Joey
16th June 2008, 12:22 AM
I actually have the date and time posted on a flourescent index card right next to my kitchen calendar. My kids (ages 19 to 30) all know why it is there. My oldest son and his wife are in tune with it....my other kids are very doubtful but mildly curious. My husband makes no comment at all. (He is a recent convert.) My extended family members ask about it; I offer an explanantion that is not too detailed. Most have a laugh but a few want to know much more. Being Good Friday, there will be no Mass in our parish. But I would like to be in church on bended knee. My family will know where I am and will be free to join me. It's coming so fast.

js1975
16th June 2008, 02:13 PM
The idea of being in church is a good one. I also think it's good to have quick access to the priest before the lines get too long too! In thinking about the priests, my heart goes out to them because they will be in dire need for confession as well, and in most cases will not have another priest available to them.