Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 43 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 91 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 95 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 103 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 114 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 118 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 126 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 195 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 402 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::db_connect() should be compatible with vB_Database::db_connect($servername, $port, $username, $password, $usepconnect) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::select_db_wrapper() should be compatible with vB_Database::select_db_wrapper($database = '', $link = NULL) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2330 Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1505 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Session::fetch_substr_ip() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1589 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Shutdown::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2333 FAQ: What is the Tribulation? [Archive] - CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group

PDA

View Full Version : FAQ: What is the Tribulation?

Climacus Areopagite
25th June 2008, 08:19 PM
The Tribulation is a sequence of events spanning about four centuries and finding its end in the Second Coming of Christ. It is divided into two separate and severe parts, namely a lesser part and a greater part, or a first part and a second part. The first part officially begins in the second half of 2010 with the outset of World War III (the first seal and horseman of Revelation) and ends in spring of 2040 after the Three Days of Darkness. After the first part of the Tribulation a brief time of peace will be given to the world and will coincide with the reign and kingdom of the Great Catholic Monarch. Then, even worst sin will slowly begin to resurface in society over a few centuries culminating in the time of the Antichrist. His reign begins in about 2430 and will end when Christ returns in 2437. The reign of Antichrist is the second, more severe, and greater part of the Tribulation

Climacus Areopagite
26th June 2008, 04:38 PM
this one could be split into two FAQs:

What is the Tribulation?

&

When is the Tribulation?

sammy
1st April 2009, 04:59 PM
We can say that the lesser tribulation begins now with Mirjana revealing the secrets to father Petar and it ends with the 3 days of darkness March 29, 30 and 31. I forget the exact year 2038? I think it is not just a coincidence that Earth Hour was celebrated a few days ago on March 29th in which there was a "global hour of darkness" when buildings, cities and skylines all over the world shut off their power to bring awareness to show people that they are an important factor in "saving the world" and to reveal that we can control our situation. I know the empire state building participated and I am sure many others took part. I remember the secular media talking about this a few days ago but I just now made the connection with the 3 days of darkness and the start and finish of the lesser tribulation per Ron Conte's timeline. Sammy.

Ron Conte
1st April 2009, 05:27 PM
The Three Days of Darkness is March 29, 30, 31 of 2040 A.D.

The tribulation can be counted as beginning with the Warning (or even with the fasting in preparation for the Warning). But the actual sufferings of the tribulation begin after the Warning, Consolation, and Miracle (which are prepatory events).

sammy
1st April 2009, 07:12 PM
Just to clarify my position. I disagree with the agenda of these people that promote the earth hour thing. I did not participate in this nor would I ever. I was simply pointing out the connection to the 3 days of darkness. Thanks. Sammy.

Mark
12th April 2010, 06:02 PM
The Three Days of Darkness is March 29, 30, 31 of 2040 A.D.

The tribulation can be counted as beginning with the Warning (or even with the fasting in preparation for the Warning). But the actual sufferings of the tribulation begin after the Warning, Consolation, and Miracle (which are prepatory events).

I understood that the tribulation would begin and be at a high point at the time of the Warning or Illumination of Conscience. I also read that Our Blessded Mother said that after the Miracle, "those still alive would have little time for conversion".

According to Mari-Loli, who said the Blessed Mother told her "A time would come , when it would look like the Church was finished, when Priests would have difficulty saying Mass and talking about holy things. When she asked Our lady how this would happen, Our Lady called it "Communism". This indicates to me that tribulation, much suffering and death will be prevelant prior to the Warning and Miracle. Just trying to put the tribulation in this context.

Ron Conte
12th April 2010, 07:14 PM
I understood that the tribulation would begin and be at a high point at the time of the Warning or Illumination of Conscience. I also read that Our Blessded Mother said that after the Miracle, "those still alive would have little time for conversion".

According to Mari-Loli, who said the Blessed Mother told her "A time would come , when it would look like the Church was finished, when Priests would have difficulty saying Mass and talking about holy things. When she asked Our lady how this would happen, Our Lady called it "Communism". This indicates to me that tribulation, much suffering and death will be prevelant prior to the Warning and Miracle. Just trying to put the tribulation in this context.

It is a tenable position, to say that the Warning and Miracle occur during the tribulation, rather than just beforehand.

My interpretation is that the Warning, Consolation, and Miracle are three events, three blessings, given by God to humanity to strengthen us for the tribulation. And the sinful reaction to these blessings is then what causes the subsequent war, civil violence, the resulting famine, and the resulting death from many causes, which are the first four afflictions of the tribulation (the four horsemen).

Bonaventure
12th April 2010, 09:53 PM
Hi all, forgive my ignorance....does Fr. Gobbi's messages speak about the tribulation? I faintly remember the messages referring to the falling away of some priests and persecution of others. I am no authority on his messages.

Ron Conte
12th April 2010, 11:04 PM
He has very many messages. I think that many refer to the tribulation.

VKallin
13th April 2010, 10:53 AM
The Book "To the Priests - Our Lady's Beloved Sons" contains all of the messages from The Blessed Mother to Father Gobbi thru 1997. The theme of most of the messages is on the Eucharistic Reign of Jesus and the Era of Peace. This era follows the tribulation. Two of the elements described as "ushering in the Eucharistic Reign" are the 2nd pentecost and the Miracle of Divine Mercy. The Miracle is described quite differently than the great miracle described at Garabandal, but the 2nd pentecost is described very similiar to the great warning.

Ron Conte
13th April 2010, 10:59 AM
My understanding is that the Second Pentecost is an event in the distant future, unrelated to the Warning.

VKallin
13th April 2010, 04:12 PM
My understanding is that the Second Pentecost is an event in the distant future, unrelated to the Warning.

Message 546 - G reads as follows:

"Tongues of fire will come down upon you all, my poor children, so ensnared and seduced by Satan and by all the evil spirits who, during these years, have attained their great triumph. And thus, you will be illuminated by this divine light, and you will see your own selves in the mirror of truth and the holiness of God. It will be like a judgement in miniature, which will open the door of your heart to receive the great gift of Divine Mercy."

This judgement in miniature sounds somewhat like the event described in the diary of Saint Faustina and which also referenced Divine Mercy.

Mark
13th April 2010, 08:55 PM
Message 546 - G reads as follows:

"Tongues of fire will come down upon you all, my poor children, so ensnared and seduced by Satan and by all the evil spirits who, during these years, have attained their great triumph. And thus, you will be illuminated by this divine light, and you will see your own selves in the mirror of truth and the holiness of God. It will be like a judgement in miniature, which will open the door of your heart to receive the great gift of Divine Mercy."

This judgement in miniature sounds somewhat like the event described in the diary of Saint Faustina and which also referenced Divine Mercy.

This particular message of Father Gobbi, seems to indicate that the fire (which I beleive will either be of nuclear or solar) will take place prior to the illumination of consciense and miracle.

Ron Conte
13th April 2010, 09:24 PM
Message 383 gives a similar description, and then adds: "And then Jesus Christ will bring his glorious reign in the world." This indicates a different event than the Warning, in my opinion. The message also describes the second Pentecost occuring at the same time. I think that this description, which includes tongues of fire, is exactly a description of the Second Pentecost, which occurs only after Christ Returns. So, again, it is not the Warning.

Mark
13th April 2010, 09:40 PM
Will the Holy Spirit enlighten our minds to our sins on the day of Illumination of Conscience, or would it the the Father or the Son? I understand Jesus will judge the living and the dead, but the Holy Spirit is the enlightenment of our minds and knowledge of God.

Ron Conte
13th April 2010, 10:19 PM
Will the Holy Spirit enlighten our minds to our sins on the day of Illumination of Conscience, or would it the the Father or the Son? I understand Jesus will judge the living and the dead, but the Holy Spirit is the enlightenment of our minds and knowledge of God.

Even though we attribuate certain acts to one Person or another of the Trinity, all three Persons act together, since they are one God. The illumination of conscience would, I think, be attributed to the Spirit, since it is to the Holy Spirit that we attribute enlightenment in truth, and grace and conversion.