Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 43 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 91 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 95 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 103 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 114 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 118 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 126 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 195 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 402 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::db_connect() should be compatible with vB_Database::db_connect($servername, $port, $username, $password, $usepconnect) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::select_db_wrapper() should be compatible with vB_Database::select_db_wrapper($database = '', $link = NULL) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2330 Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1505 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Session::fetch_substr_ip() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1589 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Shutdown::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2333 Audio Bible [Archive] - CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group

PDA

View Full Version : Audio Bible

Truthseeker
4th July 2008, 12:59 PM
Does anyone of you know of a catholic Audio Bible I can download for free ? Thanks. Also does anyone know of other catholic audio books online ? I found loads of protestant sites and bibles but it seems to be very hard to find any good catholic audio books and bible for free online !

js1975
7th July 2008, 09:31 PM
Try ccel.org. I downloaded some audio books, but after I donated to their site. I am not sure of the policy.

Ron Conte
7th July 2008, 10:01 PM
The material on CCEL is generally public domain, available without restriction.

Truthseeker
8th July 2008, 11:31 AM
The material on CCEL is generally public domain, available without restriction.

Thanks. Do they have Audio bibles and books ? Also I know about the site but I think it's protestant actually so they won't have the full bible right ? I see they put them In Apocraphys. CAn't find the Audio version can you help me please ?

Ron Conte
8th July 2008, 12:22 PM
Thanks. Do they have Audio bibles and books ? Also I know about the site but I think it's protestant actually so they won't have the full bible right ? I see they put them In Apocraphys. CAn't find the Audio version can you help me please ?

There are some audio files for the World English Bible (Protestant project).
http://www.ebible.org/webaudio/mp3.htm

I don't know of any audio bible that is Catholic and free.

Anyone interested in making one? We could use my translation of the Bible (CPDV). But there are 1335 chapters (including the prologues to Lamenations and to Sirach). The NT has only 260 chapters. Many volunteers would be needed.

Truthseeker
8th July 2008, 12:50 PM
There are some audio files for the World English Bible (Protestant project).
http://www.ebible.org/webaudio/mp3.htm

I don't know of any audio bible that is Catholic and free.

Anyone interested in making one? We could use my translation of the Bible (CPDV). But there are 1335 chapters (including the prologues to Lamenations and to Sirach). The NT has only 260 chapters. Many volunteers would be needed.

That would be a great project :) Unfortunately my english accent is not so good so can't help :( Would be good to do it in my language as well :)

Ron Conte
8th July 2008, 01:19 PM
Which language?

Truthseeker
8th July 2008, 01:21 PM
Which language?

Maltse :)

js1975
8th July 2008, 03:59 PM
I would think this would be fun, but I would think you need to do some voice interviews. I have a pretty thick Philadelphia accent, and if you want a voice sample, let me know. I am not sure if I can do the whole bible, but will try to contribute.

Ron Conte
8th July 2008, 04:19 PM
This would be a long term project, if it ever happens, and I would first need to get about 30 volunteers for the NT. Accents are not a problem as long as the words are easily understood.

If interested, post a note here, or e-mail me if you are reading this and are not a member.

Climacus Areopagite
8th July 2008, 06:23 PM
Maltse :)

too funny!!!

Climacus Areopagite
8th July 2008, 06:25 PM
I volunteer to do the Book of Psalms. It would be my pleasure.

Ron Conte
8th July 2008, 06:34 PM
I volunteer to do the Book of Psalms. It would be my pleasure.

Wait a little while on this. Thanks.

Climacus Areopagite
8th July 2008, 06:45 PM
I wont start it. It would a good idea though, but there probably just isnt enough time.

Plus, in my opinion, reading Scripture out loud when one is alone can sometimes be more helpful than reading it silently.

Truthseeker
9th July 2008, 11:20 AM
This would be a long term project, if it ever happens, and I would first need to get about 30 volunteers for the NT. Accents are not a problem as long as the words are easily understood.

If interested, post a note here, or e-mail me if you are reading this and are not a member.

Being the one who brought all this forward I can volunteer if accent is not a problem then :)

Truthseeker
9th July 2008, 11:23 AM
too funny!!!

Well wish it could be done but of course not from people who do not know the language. For the rest I was just joking.