Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 43 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 91 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 95 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 103 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 114 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 118 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 126 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 195 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 402 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::db_connect() should be compatible with vB_Database::db_connect($servername, $port, $username, $password, $usepconnect) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::select_db_wrapper() should be compatible with vB_Database::select_db_wrapper($database = '', $link = NULL) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2330 Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1505 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Session::fetch_substr_ip() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1589 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Shutdown::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2333 Problems after the Warning [Archive] - CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group

PDA

View Full Version : Problems after the Warning

Ron Conte
3rd September 2008, 03:42 AM
The Warning does not deliver all knowledge on faith and morals. It only corrects each person for the sins on their conscience, i.e. the acts that they chose to do knowing that the act was wrong.

One of the problems after the Warning is that some persons will incorrectly conclude that, if the Warning did not correct them, then they must be in the right. Not so. Therefore, some persons will persist in their errors. There will continue to be controversy as to proper belief on faith and morals. Protestants will not all realize that they should be Catholics, and non-Christians will not all realize that they should be Christians.

Sacredcello
3rd September 2008, 05:14 AM
The Warning does not deliver all knowledge on faith and morals. It only corrects each person for the sins on their conscience, i.e. the acts that they chose to do knowing that the act was wrong.

One of the problems after the Warning is that some persons will incorrectly conclude that, if the Warning did not correct them, then they must be in the right. Not so. Therefore, some persons will persist in their errors. There will continue to be controversy as to proper belief on faith and morals. Protestants will not all realize that they should be Catholics, and non-Christians will not all realize that they should be Christians.

If this is the case, how do you suppose that Hillary Clinton is going to have a change of heart about her pro-choice position? She is almost certainly not guilty of having had an abortion herself. On the other hand, she probably did use contraception in her marriage, but was not aware of this being a sinful act, since she was raised in the Methodist Church which does not oppose contraception. Do you think she will even be made aware of this sin, since she was not aware that it was wrong?

Here is an excerpt about her spiritual/religious life from a wikipedia article:

from the time she came to Washington, she also found refuge in a prayer group of The Fellowship that featured many wives of conservative Washington figures.[124][125] Triggered in part by the death of her father in April 1993, she publicly sought to find a synthesis of Methodist teachings, liberal religious political philosophy, and Tikkun editor Michael Lerner's "politics of meaning" to overcome what she saw as America's "sleeping sickness of the soul" and that would lead to a willingness "to remold society by redefining what it means to be a human being in the twentieth century, moving into a new millennium."

Ron Conte
3rd September 2008, 11:41 AM
I'm not sure if she has a change of heart or merely a change of mind (when she realizes that the nation has had a change of heart).

There are certain sins about which no intelligent informed person could have complete invicible ignorance. I think that most persons who are in favor of abortion politically have some realization deep down that it is wrong. They even say that abortion should be rare, and that we should be decreasing the number of abortions, so they must realize that it is wrong.

So the Warning will correct many persons for many sins that they currently think are not sins. Their minds have reached the conclusion that these are not sins, but their hearts know better. But where there is invincible ignorace, or any true lack of realization that an act is wrong, the Warning does not correct it.

Brother
3rd September 2008, 01:20 PM
It is possible that during the Warning, God will show us the story of our lives starting at our conception; the love and care we were created with even as micro cells that were taking form; then, our childhood, and then how we started sinning; or the plan God has with our lives even before conception or that He knew us before conception. So, after the Warning it will be clearer that abortion is wrong.

Ron Conte
3rd September 2008, 02:59 PM
It is possible that during the Warning, God will show us the story of our lives starting at our conception; the love and care we were created with even as micro cells that were taking form; then, our childhood, and then how we started sinning; or the plan God has with our lives even before conception or that He knew us before conception. So, after the Warning it will be clearer that abortion is wrong.
No, that is not possible.

None of the visionaries have said anything like that. Nor do I find any indication in Scripture of the Warning covering the story of our lives, neither from conception, nor from birth, nor from childhood. The Warning is limited to illuminating our consciences.

RSGUDENK
3rd September 2008, 05:35 PM

None of the visionaries have said anything like that. Nor do I find any indication in Scripture of the Warning covering the story of our lives, neither from conception, nor from birth, nor from childhood. The Warning is limited to illuminating our consciences.

I think...let me stress I think...the individuals will have all the sin details within them selves. The details will not need to be revealed...it is revealed within the soul of the individual person. I believe it will be heighten awareness. We all know down deep right from wrong....Our Lord will show us perfection in the fullness of the glory of God who is perfect Love. We will have all the information needed to have a complete understanding as to our state in the eyes of God...which is a comparison to perfect Love.

Ron Conte
3rd September 2008, 06:04 PM
I think...let me stress I think...the individuals will have all the sin details within them selves. The details will not need to be revealed...it is revealed within the soul of the individual person. I believe it will be heighten awareness. We all know down deep right from wrong....Our Lord will show us perfection in the fullness of the glory of God who is perfect Love. We will have all the information needed to have a complete understanding as to our state in the eyes of God...which is a comparison to perfect Love.
No, that is not at all true. If so, then the Warning would replace Tradition, Scripture, and Magisterium, as the one and only source of Divine Revelation. It is contrary to the Faith to claim that the Warning will give a full and complete understanding of right and wrong, or of God. This fullness is found only in TSM, not in the Warning, nor in any other temporal event.

RSGUDENK
3rd September 2008, 06:39 PM

Ok.... Ron enlighten all of us who clearly don't understand. Then exactly what is the warning? ...I guess it is something way beyond my understanding.

I guess I have just a too simple of an understanding. Sounds like in order for me to understand I must be an expert in every facet of our faith tradition, scripture, etc....which no-one has .....I repeat no one has this understanding except God himself. None of us will know the day nor the hour of our Lords return. The only thing I understand is how much I Love our faith, how much I Love our Lord. I know my life is way short of full filling our Lord's expecations...but I still Love. I still contribute my time, talent and treasure to our Lord's cause. I wish I had all understanding...but you know what..... it is probabally good that I don't have all the knowledge...it would go right to my head. I will continue to serve our Lord, by serving others and Loving all.

Good Luck and I hope all your predictions are correct.

I am out. Iam not returning to this site.

I will be praying for all.

Scott

Ron Conte
3rd September 2008, 06:48 PM
The Warning is an illumination of the conscience, in which each person is shown the sins that they committed, which are still on their conscience.

DiAZ216
3rd September 2008, 07:59 PM
The Warning is an illumination of the conscience, in which each person is shown the sins that they committed, which are still on their conscience.

I must be missing something because by this definition the Warning won't really be an illumination for me. I know the sins that are on my conscience. What does it accomplish to show me that which I already know?

Conchita's words:
in that moment, we are going to see our conscience…we are going to see everything wrong we are doing…and you are going to see everything good you are not doing…”

It seems to me that a real illumination would shed light on that which we do not know or understand. For example, let's look at a very materialistic, individual, one who is preoccupied with aqcuiring wealth and material luxuries, and this person doesn't give to help the poor. This is pretty much the prevailing attitude of modern western culture, so this individual believes this is fine and it's not playing on this individual's consience. So by your definition the Warning won't reveal to this individual his/her greed and lack of concern for his/her fellow human beings?

DiAZ216
3rd September 2008, 08:48 PM
Ron, I just went back and re-read your article, The Warning of Garabandal Explained; you state:
People will understand their sins and the negative consequences of their sins. and For most persons, those who are old enough to understand right from wrong, the Warning will take the form of an awakening of the conscience, making that person aware of the sins in their lives and their own sinfulness in general..

This makes sense.

Will God show us all our sins? "everything" as Conchita said..

Or only those which are on our conscience?

Ron Conte
3rd September 2008, 11:50 PM
Will God show us all our sins? "everything" as Conchita said... Or only those which are on our conscience?
Only those sins from which we have not repented and been forgiven. As for sins that have been forgiven, but for which temporal punishment is still due, I'm not sure.