Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 43 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 91 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 95 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 103 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 114 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 118 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 126 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 195 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 402 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::db_connect() should be compatible with vB_Database::db_connect($servername, $port, $username, $password, $usepconnect) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::select_db_wrapper() should be compatible with vB_Database::select_db_wrapper($database = '', $link = NULL) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2330 Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1505 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Session::fetch_substr_ip() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1589 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Shutdown::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2333 Theresa Neumann [Archive] - CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group

PDA

View Full Version : Theresa Neumann

III Nuns
2nd August 2006, 10:46 PM
Has anyone read anything about Theresa Neumann? I read a book about her and her visions reminded me alot of Catherine Emmerich's visions.

I didn't see anything on Neumann on the True/False Apparitions section of CatholicPlanet.com. Just wanted some other opinions.

Tom

Hope
2nd August 2006, 10:59 PM
I read a book about her written by a Adalbert Albert Vogl and I have it right here at my desk. The copyright was 1987. At the back is a page that the reader can tear out and sent to Rt. Rev. Manfred Muller, Most Rev. Bishop of Regenburg, Niedermunster Gasse, 84 Regensburge, West Germany. It is a form letter that the reader can sign asking the bishop to open the cause for her beautification I don't know if anything has happened between 1987 and now. I would like to know more about her too. Tmeir, did your book have the photos of Therese bleeding on Good Friday? There's colored pictures of major amounts blood coming from her eyes and coagulating in massive amounts over her cheeks. Who could not be moved her heroic suffering in imitation of our Savior, Jesus Christ?

III Nuns
2nd August 2006, 11:25 PM
The book I read did have photos of her bleeding from the eyes and suffereing the wounds of Christ. I have the book at home, but the name was something like "A Light shown in Darkness", referring to Nazi Germany. It was written with the assistance of her brother, whom had recorded much of the footage and audio recordings.

In her book is written word for word, her visions on one Good Friday of the Passion. Her description of Christ carrying His cross was extremely detailed (like watching Mel's Passion of the Christ). I was extremely moved when reading about the details of the cross itself, and how much it linked Jesus to Isaac, detailing how Christ carried His cross tied together in pieces/boards (like a bundle of wood) on his shoulder to where he would be sacrificed.

The hardest part to read was when they nailed His feet to the cross. Reading how they basically pre-drilled (nailed) our Lord's first foot, so there would be a hole through it and into the wood. Then pulling that nail out, only to drive it back through both feet. It's so unimaginable to me, how even the Romans could be so cruel.

Ron Conte
2nd August 2006, 11:27 PM
I didn't see anything on Neumann on the True/False Apparitions section of CatholicPlanet.com.

Correction:

She has a cause for canonziation. I don't judge such cases because the Church is in the process of judging them, but I don't doubt that her private revelations are true.

Ron

III Nuns
2nd August 2006, 11:40 PM
She is a Saint? I'll have to research when that happened then. Thanks Ron.

Tom

Hope
3rd August 2006, 12:40 AM
All I can find online about her canonization is this:

In conformity with the Vatican, the process of her Beatification and Canonization was officially opened on February 13, 2005 by Bishop Gerhard Mueller of Regensburg.
She must have moved through the process quite swiftly. If you find the exact date she was sainted, would you mind posting it here for me? I think I'm going to try to get a copy of the book you mentioned, because the one I read didn't go into her visions. You mentioning this has rekindled my interest in her. Have a good one.

Ron Conte
3rd August 2006, 01:06 AM
My mistake.

She is not yet canonized, but only has a process for canonization.

Ron