Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 43 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 91 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 95 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 103 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 114 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 118 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 126 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 195 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 402 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::db_connect() should be compatible with vB_Database::db_connect($servername, $port, $username, $password, $usepconnect) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::select_db_wrapper() should be compatible with vB_Database::select_db_wrapper($database = '', $link = NULL) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2330 Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1505 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Session::fetch_substr_ip() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1589 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Shutdown::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2333 Came across this site [Archive] - CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group

PDA

View Full Version : Came across this site

tobinatorstark
24th November 2008, 10:59 PM
Earlier today I came across this site http://catholicapologetics.net/
This site made me kind of furious as his attitude toward Protestants and other religions. Also his attitude towards all translations outside the Douay-Rheims. Being a Catholic I understand Catholic views, but this site is a total embarrassment. Let me know what you all think of this site

Paul Bellett
25th November 2008, 10:12 AM
Yes Tobin, Just because someone is dogmatic and believes they have all the right answers, means they really ought to take a more loving and gentle approach to those who have erred from the truth, like Jesus did.
The attitude on this website that comes across, is severe condemnation of those who have strayed away from the truth, rather than reaching out to them in their weakness.
Ron's analysis about the Parable of the Prodigal Son, sounds like to me the appropriate formula on how the Prodigal Son (aka the Protestant) should be treated from God's perspective.

Rob
25th November 2008, 11:37 AM
Very nice, it presents catholic beliefs and justifies them using Scriptural evidence and Tradition from saint's quotations.

Ron Conte
25th November 2008, 01:04 PM
There are numerous ignorant articles on that site, which 'explain' Catholicism in an overly-simplified and ignorant manner. For example, an article claiming that the Catholic Church teaches that unbaptized babies and prenatals go to Hell. The Catechism's teaching on that point is ignored, as is non-formal baptism. And there are other articles on that site that purport to teach, but which are written in ignorance.

tobinatorstark
25th November 2008, 02:38 PM
Yes Tobin, Just because someone is dogmatic and believes they have all the right answers, means they really ought to take a more loving and gentle approach to those who have erred from the truth, like Jesus did.
The attitude on this website that comes across, is severe condemnation of those who have strayed away from the truth, rather than reaching out to them in their weakness.
Ron's analysis about the Parable of the Prodigal Son, sounds like to me the appropriate formula on how the Prodigal Son (aka the Protestant) should be treated from God's perspective.

Thank you for your post. I couldn't agree more. The person that sent this link to me told me it was not a hate site and the God gives the right to condemn. I don't believe that at all. I believe in taking a loving a gentle approach to correct those who have strayed from truth. How can one person remove the splinter in his brother's eye if he hasn't removed the splinter in his own eye?