Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 43 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 91 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 95 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 103 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 114 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 118 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 126 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 195 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 402 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::db_connect() should be compatible with vB_Database::db_connect($servername, $port, $username, $password, $usepconnect) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::select_db_wrapper() should be compatible with vB_Database::select_db_wrapper($database = '', $link = NULL) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2330 Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1505 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Session::fetch_substr_ip() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1589 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Shutdown::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2333 April 7, 2009 [Archive] - CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group

PDA

View Full Version : April 7, 2009

Archangel Michael
1st April 2009, 05:53 PM
Ron,
Should we should expect an announcement by Father Petar on 4-7-09 concerning the warning?

Jeanne D'Arc
1st April 2009, 06:40 PM
Ron,
I've been wondering if there is no announcement by Fr. Petar, you may be wrong about the warning being the first secret, but not necessarily wrong about the timing of the warning. Just a small consideration.
J

Ron Conte
1st April 2009, 06:43 PM
Yes, I expect the first and second secrets of Medjugorje to be announced by Fr. Petar on behalf of Mirjana on April 7th, 2009. Mirjana said the announcement would be made three days before.

I believe that the first secret of Medjugorje is the same as the Warning of Garabandal, and that the second secret of Medjugorje is the day of Consolation (apparently not mentioned at Garabandal).

Ron Conte
1st April 2009, 06:44 PM
Ron,
I've been wondering if there is no announcement by Fr. Petar, you may be wrong about the warning being the first secret, but not necessarily wrong about the timing of the warning. Just a small consideration.
J

thanks, yes it is good to consider other possibilities, since I am fallible.

sammy
2nd April 2009, 05:19 PM
Ron, was Mirjana and Father Petar supposed to be together during this fast and prayer or not? She had her apparition today and it sounds like father Petar is in a different parish altogether. Sammy.

Ron Conte
2nd April 2009, 05:43 PM
Ron, was Mirjana and Father Petar supposed to be together during this fast and prayer or not? She had her apparition today and it sounds like father Petar is in a different parish altogether. Sammy.

They are together in the sense that they are both praying and fasting.
I don't think this implies that they will be in the same town.
So often, proper interpretation is needed to draw the correct conclusion.

Sacredcello
5th April 2009, 09:08 PM
I offered my Mass intention today for Father Petar; that he would not be overwhelmed by temptation to doubt the validity of the message from the Blessed Mother.

Climacus Areopagite
5th April 2009, 10:08 PM
I'm excitedly anticipating the announcement of Father Petar in so many ways. In one way I am looking forward to the way in which Heaven explains the Warning in comparison to what we've already learned about it here. Two, I think I will use the announcement as a springboard to start giving some general advice to family and friends about this weekend.

I am thinking God may move him to announce it early Tuesday morning, that way the people in the West will have the opportunity to come into contact with it all day Tuesday, and it will also reach the people of the East before their bedtime.

I work late hours, and am usually up very very late, so before I fall asleep Monday night it will be morning in Herzegovina. I will check and see if there is anything reported on the internet and if so, examine it and if I see fit post it here before I fall asleep. If not I hope Ron or someone will have something up by the time I awake. I also think it is important that we carefully examine what is being reported via media about it, since we all know the people of the media tend to be liars.

If the announcement doesnt occur I think I will be a little disappointed, but I wont let it affect me. It is Holy Week, we have the Liturgy and Eucharist this week, it is the happiest time of the year, and that is all I could possibly expect in the end, though of course I hope for much more.

Shane
6th April 2009, 12:08 AM
I'll be keeping an eye on the news myself till about 2am (3am Medj. time) and then I'll check again in the morning. But I suppose it will be late morning when it will be announced, perhaps even at the time of the Warning? Nobody has said anything about this.

Pontifex
6th April 2009, 12:13 AM
I'll be keeping an eye on the news myself till about 2am (3am Medj. time) and then I'll check again in the morning. But I suppose it will be late morning when it will be announced, perhaps even at the time of the Warning? Nobody has said anything about this.

Shane, what do you mean by 'Nobody has said anything about this'. I thought Mirjana is to announce them to Fr. Petar who in turn announces them to the world?

Climacus Areopagite
6th April 2009, 12:20 AM
Shane, what do you mean by 'Nobody has said anything about this'. I thought Mirjana is to announce them to Fr. Petar who in turn announces them to the world?
I believe Shane was referring to the time of day Fr. Petar will make the announcement.

Pontifex
6th April 2009, 12:26 AM
Yes, makes sense. Thanks Climacus.

Shane
6th April 2009, 12:31 AM
About what time of day the Warning will be announced. Mirjiana has only said the announcement will come three days beforehand.

daytonafreak
6th April 2009, 12:53 AM
I live in the U.S. and I am in the eastern time zone. Medjugorje time is six hours ahead of my time. So, if there is an announcement I expect it to occur between 6pm Monday April 6th to 6pm Tuesday April 7th. I will be monitoring the news and T.V. and internet sites at that time. Perhaps I or someone else can create a thread in one of the sections above for anyone to post anything that they see or hear.

TheGiftOfLife
6th April 2009, 04:39 AM
Just some interesting reading about Fr. Petar and his interview with Mirjana. I DO NOT confirm this site to be valid, but its interesting what she says about he 1st 2 secrets.

http://books.google.com/books?id=o3QX8Xhc9x8C&pg=PA188&lpg=PA188&dq=mirjana+told+fr+Ljubicic&source=bl&ots=Vwgs7PrjfM&sig=pIu0GPq4cpqTOfegcK_cbcHHmUA&hl=en&ei=ZYPZSYjXN4q-M7CuhPIO&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1#PPA189,M1

Here is a video interview with Fr. Petar ( I wish I knew more Italian than I do)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR8lwfzrFFQ
My translation is that she asks How will you communicate the secret to the world. He replys, TV, Radio, this is not a problem.