Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 43 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 91 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 95 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 103 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 114 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 118 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 126 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 195 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 402 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::db_connect() should be compatible with vB_Database::db_connect($servername, $port, $username, $password, $usepconnect) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::select_db_wrapper() should be compatible with vB_Database::select_db_wrapper($database = '', $link = NULL) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2330 Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1505 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Session::fetch_substr_ip() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1589 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Shutdown::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2333 my correction [Archive] - CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group

PDA

View Full Version : my correction

Ron Conte
9th April 2009, 02:19 PM
This error in my predictions has been a Providential correction for me from God. I realize that I should have been more clear in presenting my eschatology as speculative, and should have been more open to alternate faithful and reasonable opinions (but still not open to foolish opinions). I will sincerely try to correct that personal error from now on. I should add that even when a predicted date and event turns out to be correct, the material is still in the realm of theological opinion, not articles of faith.

Concerning my books on eschatology, I plan to revise each book. I think that only a few revisions are needed, since I still hold to the date of May 13th, 2010 as the Miracle (and so subsequent dates remain in place, in my view). I will also publish an Addendum for each book, which will have all of the new material in the revised vesions. The addendum will be free to download and print out. This may take a couple of months or so.

Thanks to all the members for their support during this difficult time for me. I am feeling much better after accepting this correction and this support. Many non-members have e-mailed me also with their support for my work in eschatology, and several people have inquired about joining the group despite my failings and the fallibility of my eschatology (which is still a work that is 'under construction' as Zach pointed out).

It seems to me clearly a work of grace that persons who realize this error still find value in my work, still make charitable and supportive comments. On the other hand, some e-mails have I have received would condemn me and my work as a whole, based on a few incorrect points of eschatology. But these persons would make the same type of uncharitable remarks even if I was correct. This seems to me to be not a work of grace, but of sin.

I will still write and publish eschatology, since Christ himself gave an eschatological discourse (Mt 24, Mk 13, Lk 21) and since eschatology is a useful branch of Catholic theology. This is the work to which God's grace and providence has led me, but any errors are my own.

ExCelciuS
9th April 2009, 03:04 PM
It's okay Ron, we are all here as a children of God, should try to act based on love, faith and hope, to forgive someone, not emotional, not angry, and not condemn someone as a human, for example we condemn the act of abortion, but not the people who did it, after all they are sinful people that God loves and want to save also, and we all are here sinful too.

Remember John 8:1-11

[John 8:1-11]
{8:1} But Jesus continued on to the Mount of Olives.
{8:2} And early in the morning, he went again to the temple; and all the people came to him. And sitting down, he taught them.
{8:3} Now the scribes and Pharisees brought forward a woman caught in adultery, and they stood her in front of them.
{8:4} And they said to him: “Teacher, this woman was just now caught in adultery.
{8:5} And in the law, Moses commanded us to stone such a one. Therefore, what do you say?”
{8:6} But they were saying this to test him, so that they might be able to accuse him. Then Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger on the earth.
{8:7} And then, when they persevered in questioning him, he stood upright and said to them, “Let whoever is without sin among you be the first to cast a stone at her.”
{8:8} And bending down again, he wrote on the earth.
{8:9} But upon hearing this, they went away, one by one, beginning with the eldest. And Jesus alone remained, with the woman standing in front of him.
{8:10} Then Jesus, raising himself up, said to her: “Woman, where are those who accused you? Has no one condemned you?”
{8:11} And she said, “No one, Lord.” Then Jesus said: “Neither will I condemn you. Go, and now do not choose to sin anymore.”

So, keep up the good work. :)

Angela
9th April 2009, 03:50 PM
"It seems to me clearly a work of grace that persons who realize this error still find value in my work, still make charitable and supportive comments. "

Ron, although I post very little, I read this site a lot. I don't post much because I don't know much. But because of this site, I have learned and am learning. I think I was led here for that reason. The predictions don't matter that much to me anymore, because I realized the true reason I was led here - to learn. I will stay here no matter what the outcome of your predictions.

I thank you again.

Angela

Max Kolbe
9th April 2009, 03:55 PM
This error in my predictions has been a Providential correction for me from God. I realize that I should have been more clear in presenting my eschatology as speculative, and should have been more open to alternate faithful and reasonable opinions (but still not open to foolish opinions). I will sincerely try to correct that personal error from now on. I should add that even when a predicted date and event turns out to be correct, the material is still in the realm of theological opinion, not articles of faith.

Concerning my books on eschatology, I plan to revise each book. I think that only a few revisions are needed, since I still hold to the date of May 13th, 2010 as the Miracle (and so subsequent dates remain in place, in my view). I will also publish an Addendum for each book, which will have all of the new material in the revised vesions. The addendum will be free to download and print out. This may take a couple of months or so.

Thanks to all the members for their support during this difficult time for me. I am feeling much better after accepting this correction and this support. Many non-members have e-mailed me also with their support for my work in eschatology, and several people have inquired about joining the group despite my failings and the fallibility of my eschatology (which is still a work that is 'under construction' as Zach pointed out).

It seems to me clearly a work of grace that persons who realize this error still find value in my work, still make charitable and supportive comments. On the other hand, some e-mails have I have received would condemn me and my work as a whole, based on a few incorrect points of eschatology. But these persons would make the same type of uncharitable remarks even if I was correct. This seems to me to be not a work of grace, but of sin.

I will still write and publish eschatology, since Christ himself gave an eschatological discourse (Mt 24, Mk 13, Lk 21) and since eschatology is a useful branch of Catholic theology. This is the work to which God's grace and providence has led me, but any errors are my own.

Ron, I do not post much, but I do want to thank you for your hard work and all your help. I pray for you, as I pray for the others in this group, who search for the Truth of Jesus Christ. May God bless you and protect you through this Holy Week!

spiriton
9th April 2009, 04:46 PM
Ron,

I'm not sure you know this and thought that this is a good time to share. It was your work that specifically lit a fire within me and brought my faith to the forefront. I am a cradle Catholic that had fallen asleep and now I'm on the path again thanks in a large way to your writings. I find merit and value in what you do.

To be honest, I don't think that you need to put a specific date in your writings. I think it is enough just seeing the potential that could happen to this world and to us. Dates are secondary. Maybe it would be easier for others to accept if your dates were softened and not so determinate. I think in doing that, the audience may be see a wider view.

Anyway...thank you for all of your help, guidance and support.

Anthony

Ron Conte
9th April 2009, 05:16 PM
Yes, I think that you are right; I should be less definitive about the dates that I present, even when I am thoroughly convinced that a date or set of dates is correct. These dates are of course not articles of faith.

daytonafreak
9th April 2009, 10:16 PM

I can't wait to read the revised versions. Let us know when they are finished.

God Bless,

Zach

Paul Bellett
9th April 2009, 10:41 PM
"Does your faith carry on through the shadows?" (link below)
Yes it does!
http://www.ayletmarcharbel.org/prayerwillyouloveme.htm

Although we have made diligent preparations for this event, the benefits and fruits of it are already are beginning to show for many of us . e.g. regular confession, more time in prayer. I intend to commence the Divine Mercy Novena today ( It is already Good Friday today in Australia), and some more reading and study of sacred Scripture, charitable works etc..

Truthseeker
10th April 2009, 06:35 AM
Yes, I think that you are right; I should be less definitive about the dates that I present, even when I am thoroughly convinced that a date or set of dates is correct. These dates are of course not articles of faith.

Yes Ron I agree with this statement. This site would become much more credible I think and also it would also attract more people who might have kept away just because of this reason of trying to give exact dates.

Ron Conte
10th April 2009, 11:42 AM
I am still seeking knowledge of the future, including exact dates. But I'll present these as speculative eschatology, even when I'm sure that a date is correct. I think that even after a date/event occurs as predicted, it is still in the realm of speculative theology.

JonDavid
10th April 2009, 01:23 PM
Ron, again you have helped to strengthen my faith & will still be doing it by you continued faithful work, thanks. I still thought that the Warning would happen today & still may but it looks like am wrong. That is life. You don't throw up your arms & say all is lost. Nope you just keep on going. As for given dates; please keep doing so, that is important. The date for the Miracle you give Thursday, May 13 2010 fits perfectly with the Apparitions messages of the Virgin Mary at Garabandal. The point is not if it happens on that date, but your skillful work in determining the dates & preparing people if it does happen. You are only trying to predict, help others to understand. Looks like you may off a year, not bad in my books. Maybe today was going to be the day, but God in His mercy has given us a little more time, just a thought.

Therese
12th April 2009, 06:54 AM
Dear Ron,Thank you for your statement,clarifying that your predictions are speculative.I have been deeply disturbed by what you referred to as an 'incorrect prediction'.

I believe this has shown me[in a profound way] that the ways and means by which God's future for humanity will come to pass are often mysterious and complex.

I don't think God objects to speculation,and I think Eschatology is an important subject,but it must be done in a spirit of humility.

Like Angela I don't post very much,because I don't know very much,like St Therese,I prefer to be little.I am just a nurse who tries to care for people,trying to remember to bring Jesus with me to the bedside.

I will mostly post in the education sections,I don't want to join in any discussions,I can't petend to be something that that I'm not.Regards,Therese.A.

Ron Conte
12th April 2009, 12:27 PM
I'm sorry for the difficulties you suffered as a result of my error in the way that I presented my eschatology. I will be placing a statement or paragraph at the beginning of each article or book chapter clarifying that these writings are speculative, not certain.

Brother
13th April 2009, 04:20 PM
Ron,

Didn't the Three Wise Men (or Three Magi) new that a King was born by interpreting Scripture (they were so certain about it, that they even traveled very far) and then, knowing that that they have to follow the star?

They were right about the King was born; but maybe not as they thought, for they may have interpreted that the King was going to be born in a rich temple or castle (they may have ben wrong about this other interpretation).

Can this be an example of escathology also?...

Ron Conte
13th April 2009, 04:56 PM
Ron,

Didn't the Three Wise Men (or Three Magi) new that a King was born by interpreting Scripture (they were so certain about it, that they even traveled very far) and then, knowing that that they have to follow the star?

They were right about the King was born; but maybe not as they thought, for they may have interpreted that the King was going to be born in a rich temple or castle (they may have ben wrong about this other interpretation).

Can this be an example of escathology also?...

According to Blessed A.C. Emmerich, the kings were not Jewish; they interpreted the stars (and, in my view, a comet that broke into pieces) in order to understand (more from grace than from the sky) that a king was born. Perhaps this is an example of eschatology. Their understanding about this king was limited.