Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 43 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 91 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 95 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 103 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 114 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 118 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 126 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 195 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 402 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::db_connect() should be compatible with vB_Database::db_connect($servername, $port, $username, $password, $usepconnect) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::select_db_wrapper() should be compatible with vB_Database::select_db_wrapper($database = '', $link = NULL) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2330 Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1505 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Session::fetch_substr_ip() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1589 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Shutdown::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2333 New Catholic University [Archive] - CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group

PDA

View Full Version : New Catholic University

III Nuns
19th August 2006, 07:19 AM
This is a new Catholic University that is starting in the San Diego area. My wife is friends with someone who is starting it. They will be graduating their first class soon. The university is designed for the media and entertainment industry, with emphasis in Computer Animation, Gaming, and Video.

http://jpcatholic.com/

So if anyone has children looking for a decent school, this one looks to be very in-line with the teachings of the church, unlike most schools out there (it seems).

Tom

Ron Conte
19th August 2006, 12:59 PM
Interesting school. I hadn't heard of them before.

They seem to have more modest goals than Ave Maria U.

My ideal Catholic university or college would be more strict, admitting only Catholics who believe and practice the faith. JP Catholic hints that they only accept Catholics, or maybe only Christians, but they don't spell it out.

I'd be interested to know what their policy is on that.

Ron

Mario
20th August 2006, 03:57 PM
This is a new Catholic University that is starting in the San Diego area. My wife is friends with someone who is starting it. They will be graduating their first class soon. The university is designed for the media and entertainment industry, with emphasis in Computer Animation, Gaming, and Video.

http://jpcatholic.com/

Tom

Sounds like it is pursuing a unique focus; the vivid imagination of my son, Christopher, would latch onto a major such as that. Tom, thanks for the heads up!

III Nuns
9th September 2006, 12:57 AM
I'm sure they'd accept a Protestant if one were to be brave enough to apply. There won't be any pandoring to non-Catholics here. Knowing the resumes of some of the staff, there's nothing to worry about. The President graduated from Franciscan University of Steubenville (my alma mater), where Tom Mognahan visited frequently. Father Michael Scanlon (chancellor of FUS) was and is very influential to the Dominos founder. Steubenville is the model that Mognahan is using to mold his schools.

So when I see some people coming from the same background, it's more than trustworthy. This is San Diego, not San Francisco. :)