Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 43 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 91 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 95 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 103 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 114 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 118 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 126 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 195 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 402 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::db_connect() should be compatible with vB_Database::db_connect($servername, $port, $username, $password, $usepconnect) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::select_db_wrapper() should be compatible with vB_Database::select_db_wrapper($database = '', $link = NULL) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2330 Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1505 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Session::fetch_substr_ip() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1589 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Shutdown::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2333 Signs of the times [Archive] - CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group

PDA

View Full Version : Signs of the times

Bonaventure
20th April 2010, 10:35 PM
Ron and members,

Has anyone noticed the increase in natural disasters and unprecedented events occurring worldwide? Storms, earthquakes, volcanoes and the attacks against the Catholic church and our pope on a daily basis. It is unsettling. A large meteor was caught on videotape across the midwest last week. It's almost as if we are receiving pre warning signs from the Father.

Mark
21st April 2010, 03:50 PM
The preliminary signs are all around us. Yesterday it was announced that Iran will have a nuclear rocket to reach America in a few years, while our governemt has it's blinders on. The time table is set and the time clock for conversion and mercy is near end.

Our Holy Father stated again this week that we need to do penance. Sounds like Jonah preahching at Nineveh to do penance while we have little time left. The table is set and it seems all we can do now is pray and do penance.

I am reminded about the story when several priests were 8 blocks from the center of ground zero where the nuclear bomb fell on Heroshima, Japan. When asked on American TV how they survived when hundreds of thousands were killed instantly or at a later date from fire and radiation, Father Shiffner simply stated, "In that house we followed the Fatima message. We prayed the rosary every day".

Bonaventure
21st April 2010, 08:21 PM
Mark,
That is ultimately the answer to that question. With faith and by following the Catholic faith, there is nothing to fear. I protect myself by praying the rosary daily. By practicing our true Catholic faith the fear is diminished. But I am human, and I see signs that are definitively different than anything I have experienced in my fifty years on this earth....
It's obvious to me.

Joey
21st April 2010, 09:09 PM
I teach 8th grade Religion in a Catholic school, and without any prompting from me, even these kids are noticing the signs of our times. I wish more adults would do the same.

Bonaventure
22nd April 2010, 12:15 AM
It's not just the signs seen in natural disasters and attacks against the Catholic church. The Economic insecurity in this country and unemployment rates and housing crisis is alarming. The moral decay of our society is frightful. What is socially acceptable on regular television is hair raising.
Drugs and alcohol are accepted as escape vehicles in our tense culture. The family has disintegrated. Abortion has been written into our new national health program.

My own grown children have turned their backs on the Catholic faith and I pray as St. Monica did for St. Augustine. My spiritual advisor told me that there is no greater gift than a mother who prays. And so I do.

And so our mother in heaven prays for all of us.

Jeanne D'Arc
22nd April 2010, 01:05 PM
I also have adult children and grandchildren who have turned away from the faith. You are absolutely right: pray, pray, pray. I have another small piece of advice. Keep the door open. Sometimes we say too much and I can hear the doors to their minds and hearts creaking closed. I need to take my own advice. LOL

Bonaventure
23rd April 2010, 01:03 AM
Agreed...I can only model the faith to my children right now and pray. As a matter of fact, that applies to everyone who is in my life. I can be an example of the Catholic faith and pray for non believers.