Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 43 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 91 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 95 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 103 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 114 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 118 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 126 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 195 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 402 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::db_connect() should be compatible with vB_Database::db_connect($servername, $port, $username, $password, $usepconnect) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::select_db_wrapper() should be compatible with vB_Database::select_db_wrapper($database = '', $link = NULL) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2330 Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1505 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Session::fetch_substr_ip() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1589 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Shutdown::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2333 The falling away [Archive] - CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group

PDA

View Full Version : The falling away

Ron Conte
8th May 2010, 01:38 PM
As we have discussed before, there is prediction by the visionaries of Garabandal, specifically by Conchita I think, that there will be a general falling away from belief in Garabandal at some point in time.

When?

Once the Miracle occurs and the Permanent Sign is placed at Garabandal, we can reasonably expect belief in the Garabandal apparitions to become very widespread. So the falling away must occur before the Miracle.

It is conceivable that some persons, after the Warning but before the Miracle, might first repent, and then lapse back into sin and disbelief. However, this is unlikely to be the most common case among the faithful, so the falling away must occur before the Warning.

If the falling away is to occur before the Warning, and if (as I currently believe) the Warning occurs next year, then some type of event must occur to trigger this falling away. Currently, there is some mild disbelief in Garabandal, and some belief also among the faithful, but nothing that would fit the description of a general falling away.

Already the local Bishops have given a negative judgment, but the faithful did not respond by generally falling away from belief.

I think that the Holy See will issue, not a specific judgment against Garabandal, but a general pronouncement and general guidelines on claimed private revelations. Those which are unapproved or which have a negative judgment by the local Bishop will fall under this general decision. As a result, there will be a general falling away from belief in Garabandal, and perhaps even Medjugorje.

There is not much time between now and the Warning for this event to occur. And for the falling away to have been worth mentioning by the visionaries of Garabandal, it would have to have persistent for some length of time. So I believe that this event will occur soon.

It is very unusual for the Pope to be away from Rome on a major solemnity, such as Ascension Thursday. Pope Benedict has chosen to visit Fatima on Ascension Thursday this year. I think that, in conjunction with his visit to Fatima, he may issue a document on claimed private revelations, which will result in a fallling away of belief in many different private revelations, including Garabandal.

A list of my books on eschatology and other subjects:
http://www.catholicplanet.com/books.htm

My book on Medjugorje and Garabandal:
http://www.catholicplanet.com/secrets/index.htm

Sacredcello
8th May 2010, 04:49 PM
It is very unusual for the Pope to be away from Rome on a major solemnity, such as Ascension Thursday. Pope Benedict has chosen to visit Fatima on Ascension Thursday this year. I think that, in conjunction with his visit to Fatima, he may issue a document on claimed private revelations, which will result in a fallling away of belief in many different private revelations, including Garabandal.

I wonder if Pope Benedict will also announce the beatification of John Paul II on May 13 when he is in Fatima. This will be the fifth anniversary of the announcement of the cause for his canonization.

CB
11th May 2010, 03:20 AM
Ron, I think you are correct in your opinion about what the pope could pronounce and that it will sway many toward disbelief in these two apparitions. He could also affirm that Fatima was the last approved true apparition approved by the Church and that it has already been fulfilled.
Hopefully, he will not condemn them.

Mark
13th May 2010, 04:35 PM
I wonder if the "falling away" of the Garabandal messages is not curently taking place? You could ask 99% of the people you come into contact with and they will have never heard of Garabandal >> would that not be a falling away?

Bonaventure
14th May 2010, 12:53 AM
Mark, I agree...Garabandal is not well known and becoming less well known with passing time. Also, the visionaries have gone through their own difficulties with remembering, not remembering, and renouncing etc...

As for Fatima, I watched the mass on EWTN early this am...no important message but our Holy Father gave a beautiful message in his homily.

Brother
14th May 2010, 01:31 PM
But the falling away might primarily refer to people who believed and followed Garabandal with enthusiasm at first but that they have now lost their hope in those messages or don't believe in it anymore. If there are not many people who believe in those messages and are not willing to spread the message now, it is harder for it to reach to people who don't know or never heard about Garabandal and that may be willing to believe if only they have heard about it, even if it's a few more people who may, at the same time, pass it on, ...and so on.

Shane
14th May 2010, 03:55 PM
Conchita did say that a specific event was to occur 'one day, a little before the Miracle' which would cause many followers to fall away.