Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 43 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 91 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 95 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 103 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 114 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 118 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 126 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 195 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 402 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::db_connect() should be compatible with vB_Database::db_connect($servername, $port, $username, $password, $usepconnect) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::select_db_wrapper() should be compatible with vB_Database::select_db_wrapper($database = '', $link = NULL) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2330 Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1505 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Session::fetch_substr_ip() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1589 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Shutdown::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2333 Life Age in New Era [Archive] - CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group

PDA

View Full Version : Life Age in New Era

Mark
15th July 2010, 04:15 PM
From my understanding of early times (BC) people lived for hundreds of years. Is there any thought about whether people in the new era (after the 1st tribulation & chastisements) might live long lives because the world will be purified?

Brother
15th July 2010, 04:31 PM
I definitely think so. The Fourth Commandment comes with the promise of a longer life and people of that time will do so from their hearts. The consequences of sin will be a lot diminished. People will have a better lifestyle, in harmony and will eat better also.

Ron Conte
15th July 2010, 04:49 PM
From my understanding of early times (BC) people lived for hundreds of years. Is there any thought about whether people in the new era (after the 1st tribulation & chastisements) might live long lives because the world will be purified?

My opinion is that the very long typical lifetime described by Isaiah applies only to the world after the Return of Jesus, during the time of the Millennium. after the first part of the tribulation, people will live ordinary lengths of time.

Brother
15th July 2010, 05:00 PM
My opinion is that the very long typical lifetime described by Isaiah applies only to the world after the Return of Jesus, during the time of the Millennium. after the first part of the tribulation, people will live ordinary lengths of time.

Good to point that out Ron, I was also thinking about the period after the return of Christ.

After the 1st part and Chastisement, there will be only a short period of peace and people's lifespan will be perhaps little improved in some cases but basically similar to our time.