Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 43 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 91 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 95 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 103 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 114 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 118 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 126 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 195 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 402 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::db_connect() should be compatible with vB_Database::db_connect($servername, $port, $username, $password, $usepconnect) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::select_db_wrapper() should be compatible with vB_Database::select_db_wrapper($database = '', $link = NULL) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2330 Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1505 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Session::fetch_substr_ip() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1589 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Shutdown::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2333 Medjugorje is not a Hoax [Archive] - CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group

PDA

View Full Version : Medjugorje is not a Hoax

TheGiftOfLife
2nd July 2012, 04:55 PM
...and here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was the headline of the link for the following news story on June 29th, 2012 on the News Website http://www.culturewarnotes.com/

For sure this will cause a loss of faith.

http://www.crisismagazine.com/2012/the-devil-and-medjugorje

compiled with evidence such as Vicka reacting to a person during an apparition where she is supposed to be in ecstasy an having no consciousness about her surroundings will only draw a conclusion of hoax

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Idlczado4Oc

jeromeindesert
26th April 2013, 02:05 AM
There will always be naysayers; about 25 years ago, a priest told me that Fatima was all malarkey; When I asked him, "Well, how come 70,000 people, including atheists photographers, saw the miracle of the sun?" The priest replied: "I think people are in mental hospitals for all sorts of reasons." :(

Ron Conte
26th April 2013, 11:44 AM
I think that the tide of opinion among Catholics is turning against Medjugorje. You would think that people would be able to recognize the voice of the Blessed Virgin Mary, but sin and the influence of a sinful world obscures her voice in our ears. We are so used to secular conversation and to a range of ideas on Catholicism that is beyond the Gospel and the teaching of the Church. So when we hear the voice of pure holiness, we strain to discern it.

More and more, the popular Catholic commentators are speaking against Medjugorje. It is "not approved". The messages do not ring true in their ears. They prefer the version of Catholicism that is being sculpted by a limited subset of Catholics, especially via the internet. The true Gospel is unrecognizable to them.

Jose
26th April 2013, 06:33 PM
And yet look how many Catholics and non Catholics put credence in mariadivinemercy. Looking around I seem to think society is getting crazier all the time, we have to keep our faith in the holy RCC, without it we will be swept away.

Ron Conte
26th April 2013, 06:46 PM
Yes, even though I believe Medjugorje is a true private revelation, I am critical of Catholics who seem to want to build their entire faith around that TPR. And then there is the case of those Franciscans in Mostar who use Medjugorje as a way to shake off the yoke of the local Bishop.

Our Faith is based on the teachings of Tradition, Scripture, and the Magisterium.

Frado
27th April 2013, 01:45 AM
Amen Ron,

Our Faith is based on the teachings of Tradition, Scripture, and the Magisterium.

garabandalg
27th April 2013, 05:19 AM
True apparitions are often disbelieved as much as false ones, so no surprise

Abba25
30th April 2013, 08:09 PM
I watched the video of Vicka reacting to the hand gesture...she did react. Why ? I don't know..it does give fuel to the naysayers opinion. I , however have been blessed that I myself saw the miracle of the sun in Medj. , so I know that Medj is real...but, the video does give fuel to the naysayers...I can't explain Vicka's reaction myself.

Ron Conte
30th April 2013, 08:17 PM
The objection is based on an unproven premise: the assumption that a person in a state of prayerful ecstasy cannot react to some pain or prompting. I don't see any theological reason why that assumption should be true. A person in prayerful ecstasy is still in their right mind; they still have full use of their faculties in body and soul.