Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 43 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 91 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 95 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 103 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 114 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 118 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 126 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 195 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 402 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::db_connect() should be compatible with vB_Database::db_connect($servername, $port, $username, $password, $usepconnect) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::select_db_wrapper() should be compatible with vB_Database::select_db_wrapper($database = '', $link = NULL) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2330 Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1505 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Session::fetch_substr_ip() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1589 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Shutdown::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2333 Garabandal documentary [Archive] - CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group

PDA

View Full Version : Garabandal documentary

Brother
25th February 2013, 06:06 PM
Has anyone seen this documentary?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1RvmS7NjuU

It has some footage I've never seen before, plus detailed information regarding these apparitions.

Joey
25th February 2013, 10:14 PM
I just watched every second of it. Beautiful and timely.......thank you for this post, Brother. Imagine this young little girl being told by our Lady that her hands were 'empty'. I guess that was a mini-warning for her, like the mini-miracle. I don't think our Warning will be quite so mini, but I am still looking forward to it.

garabandalg
26th February 2013, 01:29 PM
Conchita told me by phone that she was "just trying to save her soul". Her comment hit me three ways. First, I frankly found it a bit selfish, in that I thought we are supposed to save our own plus as many other souls as possible. Second, it made me realize that, before we can save others, we have to make sure to do our best to be saving ourselves. Third, it made me realize that, as much as we think we have done to save ourselves, we will all find out it was a whole lot less than we thought.

Today, I feel that Conchita was just keeping it real and simple. Although, and I feel this about all the girls, one of the things about the Garabandal seers that has always bothered me is their retreat from public efforts. You have a bunch of girls seeing The Blessed Mother who then run from the public eye as much as possible. I guess the same thing happened in Fatima indirectly since two of the kids died and the third became a cloistered nun. I guess that is what Joey and Maria Saraco are for, and perhaps us?

Brother
26th February 2013, 02:13 PM
I just watched every second of it. Beautiful and timely.......thank you for this post, Brother. Imagine this young little girl being told by our Lady that her hands were 'empty'. I guess that was a mini-warning for her, like the mini-miracle. I don't think our Warning will be quite so mini, but I am still looking forward to it.

You're welcome Joey.

Conchita told me by phone that she was "just trying to save her soul". Her comment hit me three ways. First, I frankly found it a bit selfish, in that I thought we are supposed to save our own plus as many other souls as possible. Second, it made me realize that, before we can save others, we have to make sure to do our best to be saving ourselves. Third, it made me realize that, as much as we think we have done to save ourselves, we will all find out it was a whole lot less than we thought.

Today, I feel that Conchita was just keeping it real and simple. Although, and I feel this about all the girls, one of the things about the Garabandal seers that has always bothered me is their retreat from public efforts. You have a bunch of girls seeing The Blessed Mother who then run from the public eye as much as possible. I guess the same thing happened in Fatima indirectly since two of the kids died and the third became a cloistered nun. I guess that is what Joey and Maria Saraco are for, and perhaps us?

Perhaps our Lady wants us to focus more on her message, not so much on the seers.

I'm still wondering if there is a misunderstanding regarding the 3 Popes prophesy.

Could it mean, "after tree more Popes"? - which would be during the regin of the next Pope.

Because, plainly "tree more Popes" is this Pope, Benedict XVI, which likely will not happen.

Ron Conte
26th February 2013, 02:51 PM
It may be that Pope Benedict will still be alive when the end time begins. Or it may be that the short reign of JP1 does not count as one of the three Popes.

The first event of the end times is World War 3, which I believe will be initiated by Iran attacking the U.S.

garabandalg
27th February 2013, 06:28 PM
I think that JP1 did not count due to his short time....that is just my feeling. We have seen many examples where God uses this kind of twist to test faith.

Brother
27th February 2013, 08:52 PM
In my humble opinion, I would still count JPI as Pope for the following reasons:

He was a valid Pope.

Mary from all eternity knows the future with certainty and She knew in advance that JPI's reign would be only 33 days, not to count him for this reason it would be sort of discrimination to him for a title that he rightfully got thru Divine Providence, the position of successor of St. Peter, he really got all the responsibility and blessing from God as St. Peter did 2000 years ago.

There is a considerable group of Popes who had a shorter term than JPI, and they all count as Popes (or are included in the list of Popes).

Even in the short period of JPI's reign, he did considerable things in our Church which were following Vatican II's message. He did not follow with traditional rules (customs) that were for many centuries trying to "humanize" the Pope or to make the Pope more "familiar" with the faithful, for example, in his speeches, he did not directed himself with the traditional royal "we", instead he used "I", he refused to be carried on the sedia gestatoria, he refused to wear the traditional Papal Tiara (so not to be seen as a "king", but more as a servant), he did not wanted to be called his day of "coronation", instead his day of inauguration, these are customs that successors Popes, JP2 and Benedict 16, have been following (B16 is the first Pope not to show a Papal Tiara in his coat of arms) . So, he did have some impact and legacy in the Church.

Furthermore, he is a Servant of God and the process for his possible canonization is in march.

I think that probably the count starts after Paul VI.

garabandalg
1st March 2013, 03:19 AM
In my humble opinion, I would still count JPI as Pope for the following reasons:

He was a valid Pope.

Mary from all eternity knows the future with certainty and She knew in advance that JPI's reign would be only 33 days, not to count him for this reason it would be sort of discrimination to him for a title that he rightfully got thru Divine Providence, the position of successor of St. Peter, he really got all the responsibility and blessing from God as St. Peter did 2000 years ago.

There is a considerable group of Popes who had a shorter term than JPI, and they all count as Popes (or are included in the list of Popes).

Even in the short period of JPI's reign, he did considerable things in our Church which were following Vatican II's message. He did not follow with traditional rules (customs) that were for many centuries trying to "humanize" the Pope or to make the Pope more "familiar" with the faithful, for example, in his speeches, he did not directed himself with the traditional royal "we", instead he used "I", he refused to be carried on the sedia gestatoria, he refused to wear the traditional Papal Tiara (so not to be seen as a "king", but more as a servant), he did not wanted to be called his day of "coronation", instead his day of inauguration, these are customs that successors Popes, JP2 and Benedict 16, have been following (B16 is the first Pope not to show a Papal Tiara in his coat of arms) . So, he did have some impact and legacy in the Church.

Furthermore, he is a Servant of God and the process for his possible canonization is in march.

I think that probably the count starts after Paul VI.

All valid points

Ron Conte
1st March 2013, 11:56 AM
I disagree. The issue is not whether JP1 counts as a Pope. Of course he was a valid Pope. The issue is whether the prophesied 3 Popes includes him. In terms of a count of the length of time, from the election of Paul 6 to the start of the end times, a Pope with a reign of far less than a year might not be included. Also, didn't Conchita say something about a Pope not being included as one of the three?

Brother
1st March 2013, 01:50 PM
I disagree. The issue is not whether JP1 counts as a Pope. Of course he was a valid Pope. The issue is whether the prophesied 3 Popes includes him. In terms of a count of the length of time, from the election of Paul 6 to the start of the end times, a Pope with a reign of far less than a year might not be included. Also, didn't Conchita say something about a Pope not being included as one of the three?

With these reasons, then that could be the possibility; or, as you said above, it could be that Pope emeritus B16 may still be alive when the end times begings, therefore, during the Miracle.

garabandalg
2nd March 2013, 02:51 AM
Yes, my original question was not an attack on His validity, but rather a question of whether he was counted for practical reasons. Also, God's ways are not ours, and this pope may not have been counted for many reasons we will never know.