Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 43 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 91 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 95 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 103 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 114 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 118 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 126 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 195 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 402 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::db_connect() should be compatible with vB_Database::db_connect($servername, $port, $username, $password, $usepconnect) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::select_db_wrapper() should be compatible with vB_Database::select_db_wrapper($database = '', $link = NULL) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2330 Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1505 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Session::fetch_substr_ip() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1589 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Shutdown::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2333 concern about the reliability of "Anne" [Archive] - CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group

PDA

View Full Version : concern about the reliability of "Anne"

DiAZ216
16th February 2006, 08:28 PM
Ron,

Now that I've already stated my belief in the valididty of the revelations to "Anne", I am having a little doubt about one thing she has written, and a spiritual friend whose discernment I trust has had the same reaction. I was hoping you could check this out?

In one of her experiences of Heaven, she is taken to a room where St. Peter, St. John of the Cross, St. Barnabas and St. John the Apostle are sitting around a table. "Anne" states, They were strategizing it seemed to me. ...they were making plans that would impact millions of God's children. Jesus trusted these men implicitly and relied on them to influence us and support us.

:!: :!: :!:

Now, these are "Anne's" words. I find no problem with her quotes of Jesus and St. Peter in this chapter. However, my reaction is that God already has a plan and His plan is perfect. I see no problem with God using people in Heaven as part of His plan; after all, He uses us here on Earth. However, God is perfect and perfectly complete in Himself, and He doesn't need to rely on people.

Can you help me out?

Darrell

Ron Conte
16th February 2006, 10:46 PM
One of the main reasons that private revelation is fallible is that it can be misunderstood by the one receiving the revelation. In this example that you give, Anne is stating her own impressions in her own words. She was shown an image depicting the influence that Saints have on God's Providence and Grace. The influence of all the Saints on the Church on earth is well established in Church teaching. Her own way of stating that is fallible, and in this case a little too worldly.

Ron

DiAZ216
21st February 2006, 04:27 PM
I went back and reread the section in question very carefully several times. I found the quotes of Jesus and Saint Peter to be simple yet profound and perfectly consistent with the teaching of the Church. It was only Anne's words that lacked understanding. The more I think about this, the more this in fact lends credibilty. For human understanding, even that of a devout Catholic, is still human and therefore imperfect and incomplete and lacking.

Darrell

jerr
1st March 2006, 02:13 PM
Could you post the link where I could find her experiences? I'd love to read them for myself.

Thank You

DiAZ216
1st March 2006, 02:46 PM
www.focusvideos.com

www.directionforourtimes.com

usarv1970
9th March 2006, 08:14 PM
Regarding Anne's book and your comment:
"However, my reaction is that God already has a plan and His plan is perfect."

Perhaps God's plan has always been to allow the saints in heaven to help form the plan--to do their part, as it were? To me personally, that is a whole new concept and one I find very intriguing.

My question: Does God's plan always have a definite outcome, especially when dealing with people of free will? Or can His plan be one that changes according to how man acts or contributes?

Ron Conte
9th March 2006, 09:21 PM
From our point of view, God's plan might seem to change, based on our free will and our prayers.

But from God's point of view, beyond Time, all future freewill decisions and actions and prayers are already taken into account. God knows the whole future with absolute certainty.

Ron

jerr
9th March 2006, 10:56 PM
So God knew at the time his Son was crucified that we the people would absolutely become the sinners we are today?

I don't mean to sound negative, but why would he allow us to become the sinners we are?

DiAZ216
9th March 2006, 11:06 PM
Free will.

Darrell