Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 43 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 91 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 95 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 103 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 114 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 118 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 126 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 195 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 402 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::db_connect() should be compatible with vB_Database::db_connect($servername, $port, $username, $password, $usepconnect) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::select_db_wrapper() should be compatible with vB_Database::select_db_wrapper($database = '', $link = NULL) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2330 Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1505 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Session::fetch_substr_ip() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1589 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Shutdown::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2333 33 [Archive] - CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group

PDA

View Full Version : 33

Liguori
18th June 2014, 10:01 PM
Jesus was here for 33 years.
Could it be that Our Lady of Medjugorje would be given 33 years?
This week is the 33rd anniversary in Medjugorje.
Just speculating.
Any thoughts?

Ron Conte
18th June 2014, 10:51 PM
I don't think God is constrained by numerical uniformity. Look at the lengths of each Pope's reign: many different lengths of time. And the events of Jesus' life are not all 33 of somethings (days, weeks, months).

I expect the messages of Medjugorje to continue beyond the beginning of the secrets.

Jose
19th June 2014, 01:00 PM
Does this invalidate Garabandal?

Pontifex
19th June 2014, 01:16 PM
Really ?

St. Thomas More
19th June 2014, 01:29 PM
From another blog:

June 18,2014 - Joey Lomangino
53 years ago today, St. Michael the Arch Angel appeared in Garabandal. Today unfortunately, this is not as happy an occasion. It is with a broken heart, and the immense sadness that I regretfully announce the passing away of Joey Lomangino. I have confirmed this story with family, friends and Conchita.

Ron Conte
19th June 2014, 02:43 PM
From an interview with Conchita (http://www.garabandal.org/News/Garabandal_Warning_Miracle_Interviews.shtml) in 1973:

Q. During the two occasions that Our Lady spoke to you about Joey, did she
say anything in addition about his eyes?
A. Concerning Joey, the only thing I remember now is that the Blessed Virgin said to me that at the moment of the Miracle Joey will have new eyes, and he will see permanently after that.

-- My opinion is that Conchita may have misunderstood what Mary said. Mary may have been speaking in a figurative sense, that Joey will see, since no one in Heaven has any disability. And then Conchita misinterpreted this as if Joey would be literally given new eyes.

Pontifex
19th June 2014, 03:02 PM
I thought Joey himself knew that he would witness the Miracle ?

Ron Conte
19th June 2014, 03:05 PM
I thought Joey himself knew that he would witness the Miracle ?
First, I'm still looking for confirmation of this report. It seems to be the assertion of one person, and I can't find independent reports supporting this claim.

But in any case, fallen sinners can misunderstand and be mistaken.

If it is true, perhaps this is one reason that many people will fall away from Garabandal, as the visionaries have said.

Ron Conte
19th June 2014, 08:22 PM
I've confirmed this report from two additional sources.

http://whatisgarabandal.wordpress.com/2014/06/19/important-information-from-the-workers-of-our-lady-of-mount-carmel-de-garabandal/

http://maconnellfuneralhome.com/online-obituary/2014-06-joseph-john-lomangino/10083566

Let's continue the discussion at the thread for this topic:
http://www.catholicplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5744