Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 43 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 91 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 95 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 103 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 114 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 118 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 126 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 195 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 402 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::db_connect() should be compatible with vB_Database::db_connect($servername, $port, $username, $password, $usepconnect) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::select_db_wrapper() should be compatible with vB_Database::select_db_wrapper($database = '', $link = NULL) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2330 Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1505 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Session::fetch_substr_ip() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1589 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Shutdown::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2333 Garabandul Article [Archive] - CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group

PDA

View Full Version : Garabandul Article

Climacus Areopagite
14th December 2006, 11:28 PM
I really enjoyed and benefited from this article Ron just posted on his website about Garabandal. At first I thought Ron was the author of it but at the end I learned it was written by Gael Garnica a college professor.

http://www.catholicplanet.com/articles/article148.htm

At the beginning of this year I heard Garabandal was a false apparition, but now I have changed my mind.

Nicholas

Bomber
15th December 2006, 01:46 AM
That was pretty interesting.

I look forward to the Warning, even though I am not sure how others will react.

I hope it will help me recognize my own sins in a strong enough way to make me stop, but to be honest, I am a fearful that I will keep sinning.

Many of you here seem so strong in your faith, or more precisely, you certainty, which gives me strength, because while I think I have faith, I still worry a lot that I will not be up to par with God. You all seem to know that you are good to go, which I do not doubt. I just wish I could be more confident in myself.

Even those of you that I have had "spirited debates" with have given me more than I am sure I have given in return, so thanks.

So keep the postings coming, please...

Bomber

js1975
15th December 2006, 02:34 AM
I hope to take full advantage of the Warning, and in the period of time when the Warning is announced to be coming (8 days in advance?), I am going to speak to everyone I know that is either Agnostic or Atheist and explain that the proof is coming. Even though Conchita will announce it to the world, I would guess that the secular world will not even give the announcement coverage on the news. A non-believer may easily blow off the Warning or refuse to think about it because they may think they are crazy or have some unexplained excuses. Verbally telling people will help, I think.

Bomber,

I completely agree with your post. I feel lucky to have found a message board full of holiness, full of inspiration that is helping me climb that mountain. I too worry about my fate, not because I am fearful of hell, but because I am sure that if I died today I would be suffering in purgatory.

I also get a mixed of emotions about the Warning. I get excited, but then I get really scared. I have been a terrible sinner in my life, and even though I know that all my mortifications, prayers, and offerings of love do help, I pray that God is merciful to me and my loved ones. I still have a long way to go...

Mario
15th December 2006, 04:40 AM
Js1975,

The article was so rich in plummeting the depths of the Garabandal message:
prayer, sacrifice, priesthood, Eucharist, family, sacramentals, communion of saints, pursuit of holiness and not just superficial piety! WOW!

By the way, only the Miracle is to be announced 8 days ahead of time. The Warning could occur at anytime (in conjunction, of course, with the timing of the Miracle which must meet certain chronological criteria).

Let us pray earnestly that the combination of these two events will lead to profound repentance for billions of individuals. Perhaps the W-M will provide a sturring impetus to the restoration of Christian unity which Ron forecasts!

Thanks for the link, Climacus!

In the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

Hope
15th December 2006, 01:10 PM
Excerpt from the article
The Message: The much discussed Warning is central to the Garabandal events and may be described as an individual Damascus experience for each of us in the steps of what happened to Paul. Each of us will see ourselves as God sees us and will understand how we have offended God by what we have done and what we have failed to do. It will be a miraculous, supernatural event clearly coming from God and designed as a correction of our conscience, a divine and merciful purification and a call that we abandon our sinful ways. It will also be a turning point, a fork in our eternal road, for we will then have the choice to either approach a loving, merciful God or fall farther away from Him.

This reminds me of my experience in my own dream where I "saw" my soul and knew that Hell was to be my lot.

If my dream is anything like what will happen according to this prediction, I can see why some people will fall farther away from Him. It is an awful thing to experience and realized that God was not just the bringer of peace and love, but of judgment and wrath too. I thought he was mean, that was if He existed at all. It took me several years to work through this, and from the sounds of it, when people are illuminated as to the state of their souls, there won't be that much time.

Ron Conte
15th December 2006, 01:14 PM
I'll be releasing a series of articles in early 2007 which will include the date of the Warning and the date of the Miracle. So you'll have plenty of advance notice (if you think that my dates are correct). I'll explain how I arrived at these dates, so that you can judge for yourself if these dates are correct. I'm planning to release the articles during Easter week, not during Lent or holy week and not on Easter Sunday, so that the articles do not disturb those holy days. They'll be released over a period of several days, and then I'll be periodically adding new articles and answering questions as time passes. Ron