Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 43 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 91 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 95 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 103 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 114 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 118 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 126 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 195 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/init.php on line 402 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::db_connect() should be compatible with vB_Database::db_connect($servername, $port, $username, $password, $usepconnect) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Strict Standards: Declaration of vB_Database_MySQLi::select_db_wrapper() should be compatible with vB_Database::select_db_wrapper($database = '', $link = NULL) in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1106 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2330 Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1505 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Session::fetch_substr_ip() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1589 Strict Standards: Non-static method vB_Shutdown::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/ronconte/catholicplanet.net/html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2333 Our Lady of America Apparition Site in Rome City, IN [Archive] - CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group

PDA

View Full Version : Our Lady of America Apparition Site in Rome City, IN

Olivia
23rd January 2007, 12:14 AM
Please go to this site and review the articles and commentary on this most wonderful event. I have been there many times and I would like to hear what others may have to say about what they discern to be the truth. I know this happened and I am praying every day for Our Lady of America to be confirmed.

www.oltiv.org

These people who are trying to save this place need all the help they can get. I cannot begin to tell you how important it is that we pray for this place to be preserved for faithful pilgrims.

Peace Be To All.

Jose
23rd January 2007, 06:06 AM
The request by Mary to have a statue built and brought to Washington raised some warning bells.

handmaid
23rd January 2007, 06:59 AM
Sorry, Jose, could you please explain what you mean?

Ron Conte
23rd January 2007, 11:45 AM
Our Lady of America apparitions to Sister Mildred Mary Neuzil are on my list of trustworthy and reliable private revelations.

Ron

Olivia
26th January 2007, 02:16 PM
I noticed the group in Rome City has now posted info on retreats and pilgrimages to the site for the upcoming season.

I had the good fortune to attend one of their overnight retreats last July and it was just wonderful. The speakers were engaging and very knowledgeable. The other folks attending were very interesting too and the food was quite delicious. We had Mass, Adoration, Confessions, and plenty of prayer and private time for reflection and tours.

I recommend it for anyone wanting to really know all they can about these messages and the site where they were delivered in 1956.

The website is www.oltiv.org and you can email them directly at info@oltiv.org:p :)

Hope
15th February 2007, 01:32 AM
Just an FYI . . .

If I'm reading this correctly, there was some confusion concerning the bishop's Imprimatur. It appears that he only put an Imprimatur on a prayer given to him by Sister Mildred and not on the apparition and messages.

In 1963, Sister Mildred submitted a Prayer to the Indwelling Most High Trinity. Father Pilarczyk was asked to review it as Censor. He granted the Nihil Obstat and Bishop Paul Leibold granted the Imprimatur on January 25, 1963. While recent editions of the booklet, Our Lady of America, put the Imprimatur information on page 3, it should appear only with the Prayer. While I am not able to find anything that would indicate that Archbishop Leibold granted approval to the apparitions, he remained Sister’s spiritual director until his death in 1972. He also arranged for the striking of a medal, the carving of some relief plaques, and the design of a statue of Our Lady of America. He was obviously very supportive of Sister and her message up to the time of his death in 1972.

At the present time, the Archdiocese of Cincinnati has not commissioned a statue of Our Lady of America to be honored in Washington DC.[/SIZE]

www.unitypublishing.com/Apparitions/LadyOfAmerica.htm (http://www.unitypublishing.com/Apparitions/LadyOfAmerica.htm)

Olivia
15th February 2007, 07:04 PM
I think there is some debate going on regarding the facts of Imprimaturs for which specific areas of the booklet. The prayer was definitely given the go-ahead to be recited and spread amongst the faithful. It would not seem that even this would have been accomplished had there not been an over-riding belief and acceptance by the Archbishop as to the veracity of the entire event.

Some of the canon lawyers and Bishops point to the commissioning of the medals and statues as being more weighty confirmations and the "messages" being left as private revelations and up for personal discernment....possibly why no final confirmation as of yet? This is much like Lourdes and Fatima at this point and WAY ahead of Medjugorje.