CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group

CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group (http://www.catholicplanet.net/forum/index.php)
-   God - the Most Holy Trinity (http://www.catholicplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Holy Trinity (http://www.catholicplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4485)

Jeanne D'Arc 7th August 2011 09:21 PM

I agree that it is false. It sounded just enough "not right" to me that it gave me pause. And although I am by no means an expert, at least I have a sense of something amiss but how about the many poor souls these people are deluding?

Ron Conte 7th August 2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne D'Arc (Post 37685)
I agree that it is false. It sounded just enough "not right" to me that it gave me pause. And although I am by no means an expert, at least I have a sense of something amiss but how about the many poor souls these people are deluding?


There are hundreds of claimed private revelation in the world. Most of them are false, I think. Yes, the messages sound amiss or off. That is usually the first thing that I notice, before even finding any particular doctrinal errors. It simply does not sound like Jesus or Mary speaking.

myLivingBread 19th April 2012 11:09 PM

Ron, this question was asked by unbeliever.

why is Trinity so important?,

why did God fail to articulate it much more clearly in the Bible?

the only clear articulation about the Trinity was the Johanine Comma, which has since been proven to be an insertion and an embarrassment.

the Filioque controversy between the RCC and the Orthodox still highlight the fact that there is no clarity in the nature of the divinity of the Son and of the HS. If two valid Christian churches could not agree on the central concept of God, Then how effective is the Bible really as a tool for teaching and clarifying.

Ron Conte 19th April 2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myLivingBread (Post 39853)
Ron, this question was asked by unbeliever.

why is Trinity so important?,

why did God fail to articulate it much more clearly in the Bible?

the only clear articulation about the Trinity was the Johanine Comma, which has since been proven to be an insertion and an embarrassment.

the Filioque controversy between the RCC and the Orthodox still highlight the fact that there is no clarity in the nature of the divinity of the Son and of the HS. If two valid Christian churches could not agree on the central concept of God, Then how effective is the Bible really as a tool for teaching and clarifying.


There are other assertions about the Trinity in the Bible. In many passages, Jesus explains that the Father sent the Son, and the Son will send the Spirit. There is a long passage in John on this topic.

Then Matthew ends with these verses:
{28:19} Therefore, go forth and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
{28:20} teaching them to observe all that I have ever commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, even to the consummation of the age.”

And there are many verses in the Epistles speaking of the Father, and the Son, and the Spirit. So those claims are not true. It is not only the Johannine Comma (which in my view is a legitimate verse of Scripture).

Any discussion of the nature of God and of the Three Persons must acknowledge that these are mysteries beyond complete human comprehension. So we cannot expect all questions to be answered in full.

Brother 20th April 2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Conte (Post 39855)

Any discussion of the nature of God and of the Three Persons must acknowledge that these are mysteries beyond complete human comprehension. So we cannot expect all questions to be answered in full.


This is true, otherwise the Jews would have recognized that Jesus was the Messiah. Also, Jesus spoke in parables and used to say: "he who has ears let him hear...".

Jesus would have easily jumped from the Temple, as the devil told Him to, so the Angels will catch Him lest He hurt His foot against a stone and fulfill David’s prophecy (Psalm 90:11-12); because if He performed that sign, all the Jews who were below congregated at the temple would have witnessed that miracle and recognized Him immediately as the Messiah! because the prophecy was being fulfilled!, but Jesus did not do so, He did the Father's will.

Regarding the Holy Trinity, there are different passages that alert us about the Nature of God, even in the O.T., since the begining in Genesis God refers Himself as "US", giving us the hint that there are more than one Person, that God is actually a comunion of Persons:

{1:26} And he said: “Let us make Man to our image and likeness..."

{3:22} And he said: “Behold, Adam has become like one of us, knowing good and evil....”

Also, God appeared to Abraham in the form of Three Persons!, three men. And Abraham had an interesting conversation and discussion with the Lord (those three men), regarding his life, his problems, his situation with his wife, and the salvation of Sodom and Gomorrah. Please read Genesis 18. It's very interesting how Abraham converses familiarly with God.

Those three men who appeared to Abraham as the Lord were also a hint of the True Nature of God (One God, Three Persons) which Jesus will later reveal to His Church.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.