CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group

CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group (http://www.catholicplanet.net/forum/index.php)
-   About This Forum (http://www.catholicplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Supporting memberships (http://www.catholicplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3365)

Ron Conte 1st July 2009 10:48 PM

Supporting memberships

1. Supporting members pay a recurring monthly fee of $12.00 U.S. dollars (or a similar amount in other currencies).

2. Payments are not donations of any kind, nor do the payments give the supporting member any type or degree of ownership over the group or their account with the group.

3. Each payment is for the prior completed calendar month of supporting membership. Payment is never due until the month is entirely completed. (Although I think that PayPal will mark the payment by the month in which payment is made, the fee is actually for the previous calendar month.)

4. At any time, any supporting member can cancel the recurring fee and return to a basic free membership. In such a case, unpaid past completed months of supporting membership, and the current month, are not due and do not have to be paid at all.

5. Supporting members never owe any money. All payments are for past completed months of membership and are paid only if the member is satisfied with the membership of that month and wishes to pay. A member may decline to pay for a past completed month of membership, and for the current partial month, for any reason at all, or for no reason.

6. Supporting members who choose not to pay for past completed months of membership will be returned to basic free membership, with no further payment due at all.

7. Refunds for past completed months of paid membership are never given, and are never to be requested, because members were never obligated to pay, and only paid if they were satisfied with that month of membership and they wished to pay.

Ron Conte 1st July 2009 10:49 PM

How to pay

You must have previously posted or PMed me with a request to be a supporting member; I then add you to the supporting membership group.

How to pay:

Go to this page
and enter your Catholic Planet username in the text box,
then click the Subscribe button.

Only current members in good standing may subscribe to become supporting members. If you are a non-member reader of the discussion group, you may not subscribe to a supporting membership. Apply for membership first, then if you are accepted, you may become a supporting member.

This subscription is recurring, this means after the period is complete it will automatically be renewed. So you do not have to do this every month, but if you want to stop the monthly payments, you have to cancel the payment. YHou can cancel at any time (by going to PayPal.com and logging in to your account).

Ron Conte 1st July 2009 10:54 PM

Alternate payment method

Members who wish to pay by check or money order, can do so once every three months. Again, payment is only for past completed months of membership, so for June, July, August, payment would be made in Sept.

Any member who wishes to pay in this way can PM me and I'll send you a reminder in Sept.

Ron

Ron Conte 20th July 2009 12:17 PM

Supporting members are:

sacredcello
sammy
VKallin
debtarr

Other supporting members should set up PayPal payment or PM me to say if they will pay by check before the end of July.

I'd appreciate it if more members would consider becoming supporting members (but only if you can easily afford it).

Ron Conte 31st July 2009 10:59 PM

Once you are signed up for a recurring payment through PayPal, you don't need to do anything each month. The payments continue, monthly, until you cancel the subscription. So members who are paying by PayPal do not need to keep signing up again each month.

Ron

Ron Conte 11th July 2011 10:07 PM

Supporting memberships

If any members would like to become supporting members, I would appreciate the help.

You must have previously posted or PMed me with a request to be a supporting member; I then add you to the supporting membership group.

How to pay:

Go to this page
and enter your Catholic Planet username in the text box,
then click the Subscribe button.

Only current members in good standing may subscribe to become supporting members. If you are a non-member reader of the discussion group, you may not subscribe to a supporting membership. Apply for membership first, then if you are accepted, you may become a supporting member.

This subscription is recurring, this means after the period is complete it will automatically be renewed. So you do not have to do this every month, but if you want to stop the monthly payments, you have to cancel the payment. You can cancel at any time (by going to PayPal.com and logging in to your account).

If you are already a supporting member, you don't need to do anything. This new PayPal Subscribe button is only for setting up new subscriptions.

Thanks to:

sacredcello
sammy
VKallin
and
debtarr

for being long-time supporting members!

Ron Conte 18th April 2012 01:45 PM

A number of new members have joined the discussion group since January of 2012. I would appreciate it if more members would consider becoming supporting members, or consider making a one time donation.

You can join as a supporting member,
or make a one time donation, at this page:
http://www.catholicplanet.net/forum/subscribe.htm

Thanks to current supporting members and to all who have contributed in the past.

Pontifex 18th April 2012 10:05 PM

Hi Ron,

I prefer buying some of your books to support you. Thanks.

Ron Conte 18th April 2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pontifex (Post 39840)
Hi Ron,

I prefer buying some of your books to support you. Thanks.

That's a good option also.

Ron Conte 25th March 2013 12:52 AM

I've decided to discontinue the supporting membership program. I feel that the current and past supporting members have contributed enough. I thank

sacredcello
sammy
VKallin
CP33mercynow
debtarr

very much for your support, financial and moral support. I appreciate it. I will keep your memberships listed as "supporting member" rather than returning the designation to "member" as acknowledgment of your past support.

Ron