CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group

CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group (http://www.catholicplanet.net/forum/index.php)
-   FAQ about the Future (http://www.catholicplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Nature of the Warning (http://www.catholicplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4056)

Shane 22nd March 2010 08:43 PM

Nature of the Warning
 
Ron,

You wrote in your article about the Warning:
For most persons, those who are old enough to understand right from wrong, the Warning will take the form of an awakening of the conscience, making that person aware of the sins in their lives and their own sinfulness in general. God will offer all sinners the gift of repentance and of conversion from sin, as well as grace and mercy more generally.

What do you think this might feel like? In other words, will we still realise we are in this room etc. kneeling/sitting. Will it be akin to a deep reflective state that one can attain through sincere examination of conscience or will there clearly be a supernatural element to it, i.e. being aware that we are before God? Or is it incorrect to say we are 'before' God?

I hope this is clear.

Shane

Ron Conte 22nd March 2010 08:58 PM

I understand what you are asking, but I don't know.
It might be different for each person.

garabandalg 23rd March 2010 02:59 PM

One thought....
 
Perhaps it will feel like the prodigal son felt when his father embraced him....

zouxi 23rd March 2010 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane (Post 31458)
Ron,

You wrote in your article about the Warning:
For most persons, those who are old enough to understand right from wrong, the Warning will take the form of an awakening of the conscience, making that person aware of the sins in their lives and their own sinfulness in general. God will offer all sinners the gift of repentance and of conversion from sin, as well as grace and mercy more generally.

What do you think this might feel like? In other words, will we still realise we are in this room etc. kneeling/sitting. Will it be akin to a deep reflective state that one can attain through sincere examination of conscience or will there clearly be a supernatural element to it, i.e. being aware that we are before God? Or is it incorrect to say we are 'before' God?

I hope this is clear.

Shane


I have the same question. Ron's opinion is that it will be something outside time, however this is very speculative.

Shane 23rd March 2010 04:47 PM

I was just trying to imagine what the experience itself must be like. On one hand, it is an examination of conscience at a deep level, but for those of us who have, please God, examined our consciences in depth to date, I find it hard to see how the Warning could use our sinfulness to make us sorrowful, since most of them would have been dealt with by us. Also, it has to be seen to be coming from God, so perhaps it might consist of a deep reflective state while aware of the closeness of God's presence, added to the sorrow for sin which Christ underwent on the Cross.

Anyone have any other suggestions or insights?

daytonafreak 23rd March 2010 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane (Post 31474)
Anyone have any other suggestions or insights?



In the first chapter on Ron's book titled "The Secrets of Medjugorje and Garabandal Revealed" Ron states, "Everything will stop during the brief time needed for the Warning (minutes, not hours).
Electronics and vehicles will not function, except in cases of necessity.
People who are asleep will be awakened for it."

I am not sure what Ron is using as his source for the above statement but why even mention these things at all if The Warning were to occur "outside of time". If it would be "outside of time ' than electronics and waking people up who are asleep would not matter. So, maybe yes, there will be some realization about where we are and what we are doing at the time. For example, if we are in Church before a Statue or painting Our Lady then perhaps we will still perceive that with our sight but also perceive that something else is going on with us too. I guess the best thing I could compare my thoughts too are like the seers of Medjugorje. They know where they are but they also know that they are seeing Our Blessed Mother. Perhaps it will be the same with us. We will know that for example we are keeling in church but we will be having a sort of private revelation of our sins. I hope this is clear and hope that it helps.

Ron Conte 23rd March 2010 07:41 PM

The point about the Warning possibly occurring, in some sense, outside of time is a speculation to answer certain questions about how the Warning will effect or possibly disrupt activities occuring at that time (airplanes landing, surgeries being performed, persons about to die, etc. etc.).

Please do not overemphasize that one point.

The prediction that electricity and machinery will stop, briefly, is based on this verse:

[Zechariah]
{12:4} In that day, says the Lord, I will strike every horse with stupor and his rider with madness. And I will open my eyes upon the house of Judah, and I will strike every horse of the people with blindness.

Horses represent forms of transportation, and blindness refers to means of communication.

This interruption in modern technology might last only during the Warning (if the Warning does not occur outside of time), or it might last longer than the Warning, so that persons have some time to consider what has just happened.

zouxi 23rd March 2010 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daytonafreak (Post 31476)
In the first chapter on Ron's book titled "The Secrets of Medjugorje and Garabandal Revealed" Ron states, "Everything will stop during the brief time needed for the Warning (minutes, not hours).
Electronics and vehicles will not function, except in cases of necessity.
People who are asleep will be awakened for it."

I am not sure what Ron is using as his source for the above statement but why even mention these things at all if The Warning were to occur "outside of time". If it would be "outside of time ' than electronics and waking people up who are asleep would not matter. So, maybe yes, there will be some realization about where we are and what we are doing at the time. For example, if we are in Church before a Statue or painting Our Lady then perhaps we will still perceive that with our sight but also perceive that something else is going on with us too. I guess the best thing I could compare my thoughts too are like the seers of Medjugorje. They know where they are but they also know that they are seeing Our Blessed Mother. Perhaps it will be the same with us. We will know that for example we are keeling in church but we will be having a sort of private revelation of our sins. I hope this is clear and hope that it helps.


Ron said later than the out of time theory is very speculative and therefore we should not emphasize too much on it...

OregonCatholic 23rd June 2014 11:23 PM

Ron –

You’ve discussed several times about the interior and spiritual aspects of the Warning but what about the Warning in visual terms? Conchita has said that the Warning will be visible throughout the world and will be seen and felt. Do you have any thoughts as to what we’d actually be seeing when this event occurs?

My apologies if you’ve already posted on this and I’ve overlooked it. Just point me in the right direction. Thank you...

Ron Conte 23rd June 2014 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OregonCatholic (Post 43373)
Ron –

You’ve discussed several times about the interior and spiritual aspects of the Warning but what about the Warning in visual terms? Conchita has said that the Warning will be visible throughout the world and will be seen and felt. Do you have any thoughts as to what we’d actually be seeing when this event occurs?

My apologies if you’ve already posted on this and I’ve overlooked it. Just point me in the right direction. Thank you...


The Warning itself is only interior; it is an illumination of the sins on the conscience. Nothing else.

But just prior to the Warning there will be an event. A loud noise and a bright light, which serves merely to get everyone's attention, to cause people to stop what they are doing, so that they can focus on their sins.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.