Thread: Why Catholic ?
View Single Post
Old 2nd February 2018, 05:42 PM
Administrator

When, from all Eternity, God calls a person for a specific task, He also grants that same person with specific graces, charisms or gifts (tools) in order for that person to be able to fulfil his/her predetermined tasks in his/her life for the common good of the person and society. God gives these gifts according to His purpose in such person's life. For example, married persons receive especial graces fitting for this Sacrament. “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you. And before you went forth from the womb, I sanctified you. And I made you a prophet to the nations.” (Jer 1:5). But the person is free to cooperate or not with God's grace.

[Ephesians]
{4:8} … “Ascending on high, he took captivity itself captive; he gave gifts to men”.

{4:11} And the same one granted that some would be Apostles, and some Prophets, yet truly others evangelists, and others pastors and teachers,
{4:12} for the sake of the perfection of the saints, by the work of the ministry, in the edification of the body of Christ,

God decides to whom He gives these gifts to. These particular gifts do not depend upon the person, God just grants them to the persons as He wishes based on their respective callings, capacity or positions before society.

Yet, none of these gifts avail to nothing for their own salvation if the person does not have supernatural love, that is selfless love thus being in the state of sanctified grace.
John 3:27; John 15:5; Matthew 19:26