View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2015, 11:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapinu33 View Post
Thank you Ron. So the resurrected just are given glorious bodies and are befitting of the lives that each person led. Is that the state of their body and soul at the time of death? I think of Mary Magdalene and St Augustine who led sinful lives but later repented and became Saints.
Thanks
Also I really struggle with judging other religions and Christian denominations. I would be eternally grateful to any advice in helping me overcome this.
Blessings.

The glorified body is not the form of the body at death. It is a body with preternatural abilities, which can take whatever bodily human appearance the individual ordinately wishes. The soul is also glorified, since it has the Beatific Vision of God.

Jesus gave the example of the good Samaritan. The Samaritans were to the Jews as Protestants are to Catholics. Samaritans followed an altered form of Judaism. Yet Jesus praises the Samaritan, and criticizes the Jews (who did not help their neighbor in need). So Jesus was saying that Protestants (and by extension other non-Catholic believers) can be saved by love of neighbor, despite incorrect religious beliefs.

Jesus praised the Roman Centurion for his faith, even though he was neither a Jew, nor a disciple of Christ. The Centurion must have had the state of grace, despite being essentially an unbeliever. So Jesus taught us, by this example, that unbelievers can be saved by an implicit faith.

The atheist who loves his neighbor implicitly loves God, and so he can obtain the state of grace and salvation. It is much more difficult to reach Heaven in this way, but the grace of God accomplishes it.

[Matthew]
{19:23} Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Amen, I say to you, that the wealthy shall enter with difficulty into the kingdom of heaven.
{19:24} And again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for the wealthy to enter into the kingdom of heaven."
{19:25} And upon hearing this, the disciples wondered greatly, saying: "Then who will be able to be saved?"
{19:26} But Jesus, gazing at them, said to them: "With men, this is impossible. But with God, all things are possible."