View Single Post
Old 5th April 2019, 09:16 PM
Administrator

Regarding our Mother's virginity:

Before giving birth:

[Isaiah]
{7:14} For this reason, the Lord himself will grant to you a sign. Behold, a virgin will conceive, and she will give birth to a son, and his name will be called Immanuel.

If a virgin conceives the natural way and looses her virginity at conception, then it is not a sign a all. That happens to all women. The sign is that 'a virgin' conceives keeping her virginity. Notice that prophet Isaiah talks about "a virgin" and makes a connection "and" she will give birth a son.

The prophet does not say: "The virgin will conceive" [period]. He says that the virgin will conceive, "and" will give birth to a son..."

A sign is something out of the ordinary to call people's attention. Otherwise, it is not a sign at all.

If you are lost somewhere and want to call people's attention in order to rescue you, you need to create a sign of some sort; otherwise, people will not be alerted regarding your location. A sign is to call people's attention.

[Matthew]
{1:22} Now all this occurred in order to fulfill what was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying:
{1:23} “Behold, a virgin shall conceive in her womb, and she shall give birth to a son. And they shall call his name Emmanuel, which means: God is with us.”

It was fulfilled what God has said through prophet Isaiah.

Jesus came inside Mary's womb miraculously.

After Giving birth:

[Psalm 21] (22)
{21:8} All those who saw me have derided me. They have spoken with the lips and shook the head.
{21:9} He has hoped in the Lord, let him rescue him. Let him save him because he chooses him.

Here this Psalm is prophesying regarding our Lord Jesus Christ, those who derided and said "Let Him rescue Him, "Let Him save Him" were the leaders of the priests, the scribes and the elders who mocked our Lord (Matthew 27:41-44).

The Psalmist continues:

{21:10} For you are the one who has drawn me out of the womb, my hope from the breasts of my mother.
{21:11} I have been thrown upon you from the womb; from the womb of my mother, you are my God.

"For you" is referring to God. "God drawn Jesus out of the womb" means that this was not a natural birth taken by the hands of men, but by God Himself.

The way He came into His mother's womb, He came out, both by a miraculous intervention by God.

There is evidence that God is able to come in and come out of closed doors. Remember, He is God.
God is the 'Emmanuel', it is not His personal given name, but Matthew explains its meaning "God with us" (Matt 1:23).

[John]
{20:19} Then, when it was late on the same day, on the first of the Sabbaths, and the doors were closed where the disciples were gathered, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in their midst, and he said to them: “Peace to you.”

{20:26} And after eight days, again his disciples were within, and Thomas was with them. Jesus arrived, though the doors had been closed, and he stood in their midst and said, “Peace to you.”

How did Jesus enter? Miraculously.

Prophet Ezekiel tells us:

[Ezekiel 44]
{44:1} And he turned me back, toward the way of the gate of the outer sanctuary, which looked toward the east. And it was closed.
{44:2} And the Lord said to me: “This gate will be closed; it will not be opened. And man shall not cross through it. For the Lord, the God of Israel, has entered through it, and it shall be closed
{44:3} to the prince. The prince himself will sit at it, so that he may eat bread before the Lord; he will enter by the way of the vestibule of the gate, and he will depart by the same way.”

The O.T. Temple was a foreshadow of the fulfillment who is Jesus Christ (Matthew 5:17). Mary is becomes the Sanctuary of God. Man cannot cross because only God has entered through it and is closed.

Now, let's look at what St. Luke teaches us:

[Luke 1]
{1:1} Since, indeed, many have attempted to set in order a narrative of the things that have been completed among us,
{1:2} just as they have been handed on to those of us who from the beginning saw the same and were ministers of the word,
{1:3} so it seemed good to me also, having diligently followed everything from the beginning, to write to you, in an orderly manner, most excellent Theophilus,

Notice that everything that Luke writes in his Gospel, is the product of his personal investigations and what the early Christians told him. Luke did not have an encounter with Jesus. He started to write his Gospel over 20 years after Christ's Ascension and wrote what he was told by the early Christians.

Now let's see what the early Christians told him. What was the teaching of the first Christians? What did the first Christians told him?:

{1:26} Then, in the sixth month, the Angel Gabriel was sent by God, to a city of Galilee named Nazareth,
{1:27} to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the name of the virgin was Mary.

Notice that the early Christians did not tell Luke that the Angel went to see "Mary" but to a "Virgin" betrothed to Joseph. Doesn't seem odd that a woman is known by being called "a virgin" instead of her actual name?. Luke then explains that the 'name' of the virgin was Mary. But the early Christians called the mother of Jesus 'virgin'. Per ancient Jewish custom, a betrothal was not just an engagement but the first stage of an actual Marriage. The angel tells Joseph to go and see his "wife" (Matthew 1:20). Yet, the early Christians told Luke that the Angel went to see a married 'virgin'.

More than twenty years after Christ’s Ascension, the early Christians told Luke that the Angel was sent by God to a 'Virgin'. Since Luke is a good investigator, he has to explain to Theophilus (and us) that the name of the 'Virgin' was Mary (also, it’s very likely that Luke knew Mary personally).

Why was so important that the early Christians called Mary 'Virgin'? Because IF Mary was not a virgin, Jesus is not the prophesized Messiah. The Messiah must have come from a virgin. There was a big problem if Jesus did not come from a virgin. The early Christians told Luke the truth about the Messiah.
John 3:27; John 15:5; Matthew 19:26