View Single Post
Old 4th January 2011, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Those people don't live by Faith, but by reason alone, that is not the way to follow Christ, their attitude is not Christ-like.

Jesus did honor His mother Mary for He said:

{15:4} ‘Honor your father and mother,’ and, ‘Whoever will have cursed father or mother shall die a death.’
{15:5} But you say: ‘If anyone will have said to father or mother, “It is dedicated, so that whatever is from me will benefit you,”
{15:6} then he shall not honor his father or his mother.’ So have you nullified the commandment of God, for the sake of your tradition.
{15:7} Hypocrites! How well did Isaiah prophesy about you, saying:
{15:8} ‘This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
{15:9} For in vain do they worship me, teaching the doctrines and commandments of men.’ ”

These people are seeking things to be revealed to them by flesh and blood but not from the Father Himself.

{16:17} And in response, Jesus said to him: “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father, who is in heaven.

Jesus is alive today in His Church and modern day Pharisees are asking Him the same question they asked Him 2000 years ago, such as "Who revealed it to you?... "with what authority you say such things?", etc, etc....

They simply don't believe thise Words:

[John]
{14:17} the Spirit of Truth, whom the world is not able to accept, because it neither perceives him nor knows him. But you shall know him. For he will remain with you, and he will be in you.

{14:26} But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will suggest to you everything whatsoever that I have said to you.

Last edited by Brother : 4th January 2011 at 08:37 PM.