View Single Post
Old 7th May 2007, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
The statement that 'women have a more inherent attraction for God' is theologically unacceptable. It is not at all in agreement with Scripture.

The books of the Bible were written by men, including all four Gospels and all the Epistles. The early Church Fathers are all men. The Twelve Apostles are all men. All the Popes and all the Bishops throughout the history of the Church have been men, as well as all the priests.

This idea that women are holier or better or have some quality that makes them inherently and necessarily closer to God is heretical.

Women can be praised in many ways for many reasons; but men also.

Men, women, and children all have the same human nature; so they are all equal in regard to their nature. Men, women, and children each have their own unique roles; so they are not equal in roles.

Father, Son, and Spirit each share one and the same Divine Nature; so they are equal in regard to their Divine Nature. Father, Son, and Spirit each have their own unique roles in regard to their Divine Personhood; so they are not equal in roles.

As to why there are more women than men at Mass, I think that this is due to the influence of secular society.

Men and women may have different approaches to prayer, but not fundamentally different.

Very interesting discussion. I myself have heard the FASLE idea that women are more inclined to holiness because of the Bride and Bridegroom nonsense. Not so.