View Single Post
Old 18th September 2008, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope View Post
I'm not sure where I should put this. This is kind of funny in a twisted sort of way.

My sister was shopping for a bible for our neice. She went to a big chain Christian store and when she couldn't find what she was looking for, she found a clerk. My sister said, "Can you help me? I'm looking for a Catholic edition of the bible for an eight year old." The clerk tossed her nose in the air and acted insulted, replying, "We do not sell Catholic bibles here--this is a Christian bookstore!" If you knew my sister, you would know she is usually very quick witted and not afraid to give someone her opinion of them. But she was actually at a loss for words this time.

Exactly where do other denominations think their bibles come from? And if they believe Catholics aren't Christians, then what do they think we are? I am guessing that most denominations understand that Catholics are indeed Christian, still the ignorance out there is unbelievable.

This makes me think of my dear Christian friend who told me that she was leery of the Catholic Church because of its "very questionable" books. When I asked her what books she was talking about she said, "The Book of Susannah, for one." I was at a complete loss. I told her there was no such thing. Her reply was that the Catholics used to have that book. Anyone out there know what she's talking about?

Quote:
Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:3-5