View Single Post
Old 16th January 2011, 10:49 PM

Default continuation..

You said the Spirit teaches through the Magisterium. Couldn't the Holy Spirit teach directly? Doesn't the Bible teaches that the Holy Spirit shall teach, explain and reveal all things. And the Holy Spirit shall convict the world of sin.

The Holy Spirit works through the written Scriptures because He would reveal the meaning of those that are written. That is what the Bible says as you have cited in the following verses:

{14:26} But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will suggest to you everything whatsoever that I have said to you.

{16:12} I still have many things to say to you, but you are not able to bear them now.
{16:13} But when the Spirit of truth has arrived, he will teach the whole truth to you. For he will not be speaking from himself. Instead, whatever he will hear, he will speak. And he will announce to you the things that are to come.

My understanding of "to you" here is that it is for all people and not just to a few, like the Magisterium. Everyone would have access to the Holy Spirit if they call upon HIm.

I also find you citations different from the Bible that is known to every one. Let's take a parallel look at the verses you gave regarding sabbath:

[Matthew 28]
{28:1} Now on the morning of the Sabbath, when it began to grow light on the first Sabbath, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to see the sepulcher.

1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre. (KJV)

1 But late in the sabbaths, at the dawning into the first of the sabbaths, Mary the Magdalene and the other Mary came to gaze upon the grave. (LITV)

1 Now late on the sabbath day, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre. (ASV)

[Mark]
{16:9} But he, rising early on the first Sabbath, appeared first to Mary Magdalene, from whom he had cast out seven demons.

9 Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils. (KJV)

9 And having risen early on the first of the sabbath, He first appeared to Mary Magdalene, from whom He had cast out seven demons. (LITV-Literal Translation Ver.)

9 Now when he was risen early on the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, from whom he had cast out seven demons. (ASV)

[Luke 24]
{24:1} Then, on the first Sabbath, at very first light, they went to the tomb, carrying the aromatic spices that they had prepared.
{24:2} And they found the stone rolled back from the tomb.

1 Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them. (KJV)

1 And the first of the sabbaths, while still very early, they came on the tomb, carrying spices which they prepared; and some were with them. (LITV)

1 But on the first day of the week, at early dawn, they came unto the tomb, bringing the spices which they had prepared. (ASV-American Standard Ver.)

[John 20]
{20:1} Then on the first Sabbath, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb early, while it was still dark, and she saw that the stone had been rolled away from the tomb.

1 The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre. (KJV)

1 But on the first of the sabbaths, Mary Magdalene came early to the tomb, darkness yet being on it. And she saw the stone had been removed from the tomb. (LITV)

1 Now on the first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, while it was yet dark, unto the tomb, and seeth the stone taken away from the tomb. (ASV)

I can't find "first Sabbath" in your version of the Bible, to be equivalent to "first day of the week".

Is your version endorsed by the Magisterium?

What versions of the Bible are endorsed by the Magisterium?