View Single Post
Old 8th June 2012, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by feyfifer View Post
Ron,
While I maintain the highest regard and respect for church dogma, may i ask:
Is it enough "not to kill" an INNOCENT human being, when you know for certain that the child will suffer prolonged, excruciating pain with no hope of recovery from a debilitating disease?

dogmas require belief, not merely regard and respect. We should have compassion and provide whatever moral assistance we can to those who are suffering. But abortion and euthanasia are always gravely immoral.

Pope John Paul II: "Therefore, by the authority which Christ conferred upon Peter and his Successors, in communion with the Bishops-who on various occasions have condemned abortion and who in the aforementioned consultation, albeit dispersed throughout the world, have shown unanimous agreement concerning this doctrine -- I declare that direct abortion, that is, abortion willed as an end or as a means, always constitutes a grave moral disorder, since it is the deliberate killing of an innocent human being. This doctrine is based upon the natural law and upon the written Word of God, is transmitted by the Church's Tradition and taught by the ordinary and universal Magisterium. No circumstance, no purpose, no law whatsoever can ever make licit an act which is intrinsically illicit, since it is contrary to the Law of God which is written in every human heart, knowable by reason itself, and proclaimed by the Church." (Evangelium Vitae 62)