CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholicism > God - the Most Holy Trinity
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17th July 2007, 02:39 AM
mariateresa

Default St. Sergius Icon of the Holy Trinity

Lately I have been tuning in to watch Sunday Night Live with Fr. Benedict Groeschel. His special guest last Sunday was Father Raniero Cantalamessa (what a sweet and gentle priest) and the topic of discussion was the Holy Trinity. They shared a picture of the St. Sergius icon of the Holy Trinity. It is beautiful and it is helping me to contemplate the Blessed Trinity. I'm sure you folks are probably familiar with it, but just in case: the Holy Spirit is pictured in the green mantle, Jesus is in the middle, and the heavenly Father on the other end.

Here is a link to the picture: http://www.rollins.edu/Foreign_Lang/...n/trinity.html
Old 17th July 2007, 04:50 PM

Yeah I really like this one
Old 17th July 2007, 06:22 PM
CRW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariateresa View Post
Lately I have been tuning in to watch Sunday Night Live with Fr. Benedict Groeschel. His special guest last Sunday was Father Raniero Cantalamessa (what a sweet and gentle priest) and the topic of discussion was the Holy Trinity. They shared a picture of the St. Sergius icon of the Holy Trinity. It is beautiful and it is helping me to contemplate the Blessed Trinity. I'm sure you folks are probably familiar with it, but just in case: the Holy Spirit is pictured in the green mantle, Jesus is in the middle, and the heavenly Father on the other end.

Here is a link to the picture: http://www.rollins.edu/Foreign_Lang/...n/trinity.html

I loved Fr. Raniero's short explanation of the Trinity and God - LOVE. Love being plural, requiring more then one person to be truely love.

Cecil
Old 18th July 2007, 03:33 AM
mariateresa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRW View Post
I loved Fr. Raniero's short explanation of the Trinity and God - LOVE. Love being plural, requiring more then one person to be truely love.

Cecil

Cecil,

I did, too! I thought it was a beautiful expression of the Holy Trinity and that is especially why I love the St. Sergius icon.