CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Ecumenism > Other Religions/Spirituality
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th April 2008, 02:06 AM
Nachete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agobard View Post
Beeline, I agree with you, i am not a feenyite!

But the matter is mysticism not a possiblilty of beeing saved

I claim again: there is no true misticism in the other religions, only in christianity. The first source of all "mystical experiences" is holy mass. Look at all saints, catholic mystics. Eucharist is begining, center of all life in God. Without baptism, there is no grace at higher level. Mystical experiences are by grace, not nature. Grace comes from Jesus, Jesus is grace, Jesus who is one with Father, who is in Father, is the subject of all mistical experiences.

That's my point. Those mystics decome mysctics throw all kind of exercises and meditation, this is, by their own means, and they describe their experiences according to their tradition. Christian become mystics only by grace, but since I'm not an expert, I cannot know It the experiences are the same (some say that the espiritual exercises of St. Ignatious of Loyola have something in common with oriental spiritualism). That's why it disturbs me, not only because those mystics that achieve the experience of "illumination", "union with the divinity" or wathever name you give it (as this can be very subjetive), but because it's reported that they achieve "powers" like levitation, clairvoyance, and even healing. Do we have psychic powers, like those who say that the whole universe share an universal mind or consciousness, or it's actually a gift of God (-even if they claim that's achieved by their own means with no God)?

Last edited by Nachete : 9th April 2008 at 02:26 AM.
Old 9th April 2008, 11:53 AM
Administrator

some of these phenomena (levitation, apparent clairvoyance, etc.) may be due to the assistance of fallen angels. These kinds of signs and wonders occur along with false private revelation also.
http://www.catholicplanet.com/appari...evelations.htm