CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Ecumenism > Other Religions/Spirituality
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 14th April 2008, 08:58 PM
Ron Conte Ron Conte is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,765
Default Cleric says Islam will conquer Rome

this story:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351242,00.html

says that a Musim cleric and member of Hamas has said that
Islam will conquer Rome.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 14th April 2008, 09:02 PM
Climacus Areopagite Climacus Areopagite is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,593
Default

interesting. I wonder what he was basing this on? Islamic prophecies or pure rhetoric? Or maybe a little of both.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 15th April 2008, 12:20 AM
Rob Rob is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sicily, Italy
Posts: 1,001
Default

Perhaps it's providence. God will stand by the side of muslims during the first part of tribulation since they are His rod with which he is going to punish us.

Many prophets in the old testament knew in advance that Jerusalem would have been conquered and desacrated even before Nabuchodnezzer had teh chance to conquer it, but the kings of Judah refused to believe such prophecies. They were so blind that when the babilonian king laid a siege against Jerusalem, they still believed he would leave Jersualem alone.

To some extent I believe one could already tell that muslims will eventually invade europe, but many are so immersed in secular society that they can't even see the most evident things.
__________________
For to me, to live is Christ; and to die is gain (Phil 1:21)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 15th April 2008, 12:53 AM
Ron Conte Ron Conte is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,765
Default

The Muslims have long had a prophecy that said:

1. that Islam would conquer Europe

2. that Islam will be the dominant religion on earth

There is basically some truth to each prediction. The Muslim extremists will play a strong role in conquering Europe during WW3.

And eventually Islam will be the most prevalent religion on earth, with Judaism a distant second, and Christianity outlawed or ridiculed in most places. This is because Islam has no Tradition, Scripture, Magisterium with which to resist secularization. Islam will eventually accomodate the various demands of the sinful secular world, and so will be the more common of the three religions.

But secularism (hedonism, etc.) will be much more prevalent and dominant than any religion during that future time.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 18th April 2008, 01:43 PM
Bertrand
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Ron,
Even though this cleric might be categorized as quite bold, his prediction is still short of what you predict since he said: "I believe that our children, or our grandchildren, will inherit our jihad and our sacrifices, and, Allah willing, the commanders of the conquest will come from among them."

So if you are right, this cleric does not know his luck as Rome might be out within a few years...

I read that Iran justed activated another tranche at its Natanz nuclear research plant.

Bertrand
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 19th April 2008, 06:28 AM
themilitantcatholic
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Islam will conquer Rome.[/quote]




Over my dead body.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 26th January 2009, 10:54 AM
Nandy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
The Muslims have long had a prophecy that said:

1. that Islam would conquer Europe

2. that Islam will be the dominant religion on earth

There is basically some truth to each prediction. The Muslim extremists will play a strong role in conquering Europe during WW3.

And eventually Islam will be the most prevalent religion on earth, with Judaism a distant second, and Christianity outlawed or ridiculed in most places. This is because Islam has no Tradition, Scripture, Magisterium with which to resist secularization. Islam will eventually accomodate the various demands of the sinful secular world, and so will be the more common of the three religions.

But secularism (hedonism, etc.) will be much more prevalent and dominant than any religion during that future time.

Ron, question:

Even though it is prophesied that Islam would be the most prevalent religion on Earth and Catholicism/Christianity would be what, stamped out? Would Catholicism/Christianity, prevail in the end?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 26th January 2009, 12:54 PM
Ron Conte Ron Conte is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandy View Post
Ron, question:

Even though it is prophesied that Islam would be the most prevalent religion on Earth and Catholicism/Christianity would be what, stamped out? Would Catholicism/Christianity, prevail in the end?

In my speculative eschatology:

Catholic Christianity becomes the most prevalent religion by far on earth after the first part of the tribulation; Judaism will be a distant second, and Islam an even more distant third. And there will be no other religion on earth with any significant following.

But then, as the centuries pass, the world becomes more and more sinful, and gradually rejects Christianity. Then, in the time just before the second part of the tribulation, Islam is the most dominant religion in the world, then Judaism is a distant second, then Christianity is rididuled and even outlawed. But truly, the most dominant 'religion' of that time, if it can be called a religion, will be selfishness, sinfulness, the seeking of pleasure, (the false religion of self worship). Islam will be more popular than Judaism or Christianity because Islam has no infallible Tradition, no infallible Scripture, no Magisterium, so their beliefs can change and can accomodate the beliefs of secular society.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 26th January 2009, 02:35 PM
Nandy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
In my speculative eschatology:

Catholic Christianity becomes the most prevalent religion by far on earth after the first part of the tribulation; Judaism will be a distant second, and Islam an even more distant third. And there will be no other religion on earth with any significant following.

But then, as the centuries pass, the world becomes more and more sinful, and gradually rejects Christianity. Then, in the time just before the second part of the tribulation, Islam is the most dominant religion in the world, then Judaism is a distant second, then Christianity is rididuled and even outlawed. But truly, the most dominant 'religion' of that time, if it can be called a religion, will be selfishness, sinfulness, the seeking of pleasure, (the false religion of self worship). Islam will be more popular than Judaism or Christianity because Islam has no infallible Tradition, no infallible Scripture, no Magisterium, so their beliefs can change and can accomodate the beliefs of secular society.

Okay then--is there something we can do about it? I can only imagine us living in those times in the future--secretly practicing our faith just like the Christians in the underground, in catacombs to be exact...I guess there was once a world just like it would be in the future-- where before in the early centuries, a lot of Christians soon after the death of Christ, were persecuted and some killed--as a result of not accepting paganism--then ancient Greeks and Romans were pagans and Christian people to avoid being killed or persecuted, they practiced underground in the catacombs...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 26th January 2009, 02:40 PM
Ron Conte Ron Conte is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,765
Default

No, there is nothing we can do about it.

The Catechism says:

The Church's ultimate trial

675 Before Christ's second coming the Church must pass through a final trial that will shake the faith of many believers....

677 The Church will enter the glory of the kingdom only through this final Passover, when she will follow her Lord in his death and Resurrection.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.