CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Ecumenism > Judaism
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30th March 2006, 05:30 PM

I thought I should also add. I am far from antisemtic.. I don't even get that....How can anyone be antisemtic..for our Lord and Savior was Jewish.

My husband also has one Jewish guy that he works with... who lost his path for awhile due to an unfortunate divorce.. I won't dive into his personal marital issue other then it truly wasn't his fault and he didn't do anything wrong.....

Because, I was informed he no longer went to Temple anymore. I went and purchased him a yarmukle for him straight from Isreal!

I just pray that he wears it and prays now.
Old 8th September 2006, 06:47 PM
Default confusion of politics, culture and faiths!

Yes, you know it seems that religion, culture and politics when they get all mixed up together can create some noxious potions. We have lapsed Catholics, others have "religious Jews" and "secular Jews"

On this particular one, there's a long shared history of out-group politics that more recent movements have tried to attach themselves to, as to make their aims part of a long, respectable tradition set by a coalition of minority groups. In fact, it isn't really any one group putting forward the gay agenda, it is the coalition, the members of that coalition include, religious Jews and secular Jews, as well as religious African American Christians of various denominations, non-religious African American civil rights and activist organiztions, entertainment and media, journalism, Catholics, atheists, ACLU.

Do you anyone remember an old hymn, "Once to Every Man and Nation"
I'd like to find those words!
Old 8th September 2006, 10:09 PM

Is this the one?

Old 9th September 2006, 01:32 PM
Default thank you!

Originally Posted by DiAZ216 View Post

yes, that's the one! I especially love the final stanza.