CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Practical Preparations
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30th June 2010, 10:18 PM
Administrator

Default Poll on the Return of Jesus

4 in 10 Americans Expect Jesus to Return by 2050
http://www.christianpost.com/article...050/index.html

About a third of Catholics polled said they expect Jesus to return by 2050.

http://people-press.org/report/?pageid=1740
Old 1st July 2010, 03:10 AM

They should all read Catholic Planet
Old 1st July 2010, 03:34 AM

It will be extremely interesting to see how the many protestant sects react when they find out that the Catholic Church is the one true church established by Christ.
Old 1st July 2010, 11:45 AM
Administrator

I still expect the unification of all Christians in the early 2020s. I think that some Protestants respond to the Warning by converting to Catholicism, but most do not. The Warning only shows people the sins on their conscience, and some (perhaps many) Protestants don't realize that refusing to convert to Catholicism is a sin. But as the tribulation unfolds, especially during the famine, the Protestants convert.

[Luke]
{15:11} And he said: “A certain man had two sons.
{15:12} And the younger of them said to the father, ‘Father, give me the portion of your estate which would go to me.’ And he divided the estate between them.
{15:13} And after not many days, the younger son, gathering it all together, set out on a long journey to a distant region. And there, he dissipated his substance, living in luxury.
{15:14} And after he had consumed it all, a great famine occurred in that region, and he began to be in need.
{15:15} And he went and attached himself to one of the citizens of that region. And he sent him to his farm, in order to feed the swine.
{15:16} And he wanted to fill his belly with the scraps that the swine ate. But no one would give it to him.
{15:17} And returning to his senses, he said: ‘How many hired hands in my father’s house have abundant bread, while I perish here in famine!
{15:18} I shall rise up and go to my father, and I will say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you.
{15:19} I am not worthy to be called your son. Make me one of your hired hands.’
{15:20} And rising up, he went to his father. But while he was still at a distance, his father saw him, and he was moved with compassion, and running to him, he fell upon his neck and kissed him.
{15:21} And the son said to him: ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. Now I am not worthy to be called your son.’
{15:22} But the father said to his servants: ‘Quickly! Bring out the best robe, and clothe him with it. And put a ring on his hand and shoes on his feet.
{15:23} And bring the fatted calf here, and kill it. And let us eat and hold a feast.
{15:24} For this son of mine was dead, and has revived; he was lost, and is found.’ And they began to feast.
{15:25} But his elder son was in the field. And when he returned and drew near to the house, he heard music and dancing.
{15:26} And he called one of the servants, and he questioned him as to what these things meant.
{15:27} And he said to him: ‘Your brother has returned, and your father has killed the fatted calf, because he has received him safely.’
{15:28} Then he became indignant, and he was unwilling to enter. Therefore, his father, going out, began to plead with him.
{15:29} And in response, he said to his father: ‘Behold, I have been serving you for so many years. And I have never transgressed your commandment. And yet, you have never given me even a young goat, so that I might feast with my friends.
{15:30} Yet after this son of yours returned, who has devoured his substance with loose women, you have killed the fatted calf for him.’
{15:31} But he said to him: ‘Son, you are with me always, and all that I have is yours.
{15:32} But it was necessary to feast and to rejoice. For this brother of yours was dead, and has revived; he was lost, and is found.’ ”
Old 1st July 2010, 01:10 PM

The problem with the above poll is that it is the result of the influence of Protestant eschatology, which predicts raptures, a seven year tribulation, antichrist in the world today, and much more. There is an incredible amount of books and websites devoted to this content, each one seemingly more outlandish than the next. But some ideas found in Protestant eschatology have begun to find their way into the mainstream, such as the end of the world for this generation, and of course the Return of Christ.
Old 1st July 2010, 04:06 PM
Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
I still expect the unification of all Christians in the early 2020s. I think that some Protestants respond to the Warning by converting to Catholicism, but most do not. The Warning only shows people the sins on their conscience, and some (perhaps many) Protestants don't realize that refusing to convert to Catholicism is a sin. But as the tribulation unfolds, especially during the famine, the Protestants convert.”

One would think that if protestants come to realize that the warning or illumination of conscience, which they and each person alive will have experienced was foretold by Catholic seers, they would with a sincere heart and a bit of common sense, come to realize how God is working through His Catholic Church. But then again, I have never figured out how anyone who has read about Eucharistic miracles, stigmatists, incorruptibles, Marian apartitions, etc.. could not conclude already how Christ has and still is working in His One, Holy Catholic and Apostilic Church.
Old 3rd July 2010, 12:32 AM

I think the majority of sincere Christians have some sense that the Tribulation is about to fall upon us. I made a couple friends in the past year. One Catholic and one protestant. They both sincerely believe that the End Times will soon begin without all the benefit of Ron's writings.