CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholicism > Catholic Websites
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2nd February 2008, 03:20 PM
themilitantcatholic

Default Catholic News Service

Vatican Official: Church should reconsider Communion in the hand.

http://www.catholicnews.com/data/sto...ns/0800606.htm

Good article. We all know communion in the hand became "in vogue" right after VII. Yet you will not find anywhere in any VII documents to begin receiving communion in the hand, nor does it say to trash all communion rails along with their kneelers, move the tabernacle off to the side or put it away in a "closet". No sir, all of these new inventions were part of the "new spirit of renewal". It is great to see a vatican official make this statement. After all: That in the name of Jesus, every knee should bow, of those that are in heaven, on earth, and under the earth. - Philipp. ii. 10. Doesn't it then make perfect sense to kneel when we actually receive our Lord? I assume most cardinals and bishops at the time of this "renewal" deemed it archaic, one must now stand and receive, just like the kings and princes of old, yes man is now much too sophisticated to kneel, no reason to be humble, is there now? It is man that must now be exalted in this idiocy of the "renewal". Yes these are the cardinals and bishops that initiated these practices, and the same bishops that scoffed at performing exorcisms, the same bishops that coddled and covered-up the pedophiles. I am thankful for Benedict XVI, it looks like slowly but surely, the "renewal" is now on its way to the scrap heap.
Old 3rd February 2008, 01:58 AM

I once read the book, Maria Simma - "Get us Out of Here". Interesting and insightful book about Maria Simma who accepts suffering for souls in purgatory who visit her. She also prays for them, has masses said in their name, etc...

She says the souls in purgatory said that communion in the hand is one of the greater sins of the church. Not sure of her authenticity, so took it with a grain of salt. Just in case though, I usually do not receive in the hand. The article you posted makes a good point. If you truly believe that the host is Christ, you should revere the experience as much as you possibly can. I can see how receiving in the hand could be bad, however a lay member of the church is handling it, so what is the difference? The priest washes his hands during the mass, but the E.M. do not.
Old 19th August 2010, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by js1975 View Post
I once read the book, Maria Simma - "Get us Out of Here". Interesting and insightful book about Maria Simma who accepts suffering for souls in purgatory who visit her. She also prays for them, has masses said in their name, etc...

She says the souls in purgatory said that communion in the hand is one of the greater sins of the church. Not sure of her authenticity, so took it with a grain of salt. Just in case though, I usually do not receive in the hand. The article you posted makes a good point. If you truly believe that the host is Christ, you should revere the experience as much as you possibly can. I can see how receiving in the hand could be bad, however a lay member of the church is handling it, so what is the difference? The priest washes his hands during the mass, but the E.M. do not.

I read that book last year, too, and thought it was fantastic. It contributed to my "converting" back to communion on the tongue. I always bend a knee before the Lord, however, I do not receive while on my knees. (yet)
Old 19th August 2010, 07:00 AM
supporting member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsedivy View Post
I read that book last year, too, and thought it was fantastic. It contributed to my "converting" back to communion on the tongue. I always bend a knee before the Lord, however, I do not receive while on my knees. (yet)

I read the book last year, also. Now I receive communion on the tongue while kneeling, ever since I went to Garabandal, Spain, where this is the normal way of receiving. I only do this if I can receive from the priest. If it is a lay minister, then I receive in the hand, while standing.
Old 19th August 2010, 07:47 AM
supporting member

Default Undeniable Loss of Faith in the Real Presence

Such news may possibly be a small signal of the approaching 'about face' requirement by Peter the Roman in regards to true faith in the Real Presence as a condition for membership in the Catholic Church. Of course, given the last 30 - 40 years of visible faith watering down history, it won't be much of a surprise that statiscally speaking the great majority will leave the church soon after that sudden requirement is made official. But the great apostasy, the loss of faith in the Real Presence --- does not just happen over night. It's being progressively withering from within the very ranks of the church for more than 80 years now *. Its undeniable progression began to be visibly noticed only shortly after Vat II.

* 3rd chapter of the 3rd Volume of "The Whole Truth About Fatima" by Frere Michel de la Sainte Trinite
Old 20th August 2010, 07:15 PM
Michael

I also read the book and converted to communion on the tongue. I thought the book to be very good.

Does anyone know anymore about Maria Simma. Is there any talk of possible saint hood. Has any other person been given this gift of receiving prayer requests from souls in purgatory?