CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Practical Preparations
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21st September 2009, 05:29 PM

Default The Great Famine of the 21st Century

Ron:

Would you be willing to elaborate more on the upcoming famine? You say that it will affect developed nations more than developing nations? Is there a particular reason that poorer countries won't be as affected by the famine?

Also, you mention that it would be a good idea to learn how to farm, or live on a farm and be close to foodstocks during the famine. However, how will that be possible if the economy continues to worsen?
Old 21st September 2009, 05:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph View Post
Would you be willing to elaborate more on the upcoming famine? You say that it will affect developed nations more than developing nations? Is there a particular reason that poorer countries won't be as affected by the famine?

See this article
http://www.catholicplanet.com/secrets/sixth-secret.htm

poorer nations have more persons working in agriculture, more persons growing their own food, and shorter food distribution channels.

[Revelation]
{6:5} And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature saying: “Draw near and see.” And behold, a black horse. And he who was sitting upon it was holding a balance in his hand.
{6:6} And I heard something like a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, “A double measure of wheat for a denarius, and three double measures of barley for a denarius, but do no harm to wine and oil.”

-- During the time that Revelation was written, wheat was the food of the wealthy, and barley was the food of the poor. So the wealthy nations will have less food (one double measure); but the poorer nations will have more food (three double measures).

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph View Post
Also, you mention that it would be a good idea to learn how to farm, or live on a farm and be close to foodstocks during the famine. However, how will that be possible if the economy continues to worsen?

No, that's not what i said. I said it would be a good idea to learn how to garden, and to have a large garden.
Old 22nd September 2009, 06:42 AM
TheGiftOfLife

I find it such a blessing and a grace from God that I have been gardening and growing my own food just before I got reconnected with Garabandal and this forum. I suggest everyone try this no matter how little the land.

You can see pictures of this years garden and my squash harvest that will keep me the entire winter.

www.yournameherepromotions.com/id70.html

God Bless and anyone that needs any tips and would like to talk, send me a private message and I can give you a call.
John
Old 22nd September 2009, 04:23 PM

Thanks, John! I certainly hope, however, that you don't have to make it through the Famine on squash alone!
Old 29th January 2011, 01:49 PM

I know this thread hasn't been opened for a while, but I was curious as to what "do no harm to the wine and oil" refers to?
Old 29th January 2011, 02:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
I know this thread hasn't been opened for a while, but I was curious as to what "do no harm to the wine and oil" refers to?

My interpretation is that it refers to a famine in which luxury items (electronics, cars, etc.) are available, but food is not. Oil and wine were expensive items in the time that the NT was written. This indicates that the famine will be more severe in wealthy nations than in developing nations.

Similarly, the text describes one double-measure of wheat in exchange for a denarius (a day's pay), but three double-measures of barley for the same amount. Barley was the food of the poor; wheat was the food of the wealthy.