CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholic Continuing Education > About This Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd February 2011, 01:11 PM
Administrator

Default Appropriate Topics

This group is for Catholics to discuss the Faith.

Please do not post messages that are not on the topic of religion. For example, do not post scientific theories, whether they are fringe science or main stream. Also, I don't want threads to degrade into members arguing mere politics. Any discussion of politics should be closely related to religion, such as discussing the social doctrine of the Church or discussing Catholic politicians at odds with the Church. Off-topic posts will be deleted because they are off-topic.

Would members please stop citing every natural disaster as if it was of biblical significance? Natural disasters occur every year, so how can the same event that occurs every year now be eschatological in meaning?

[Numbers]
{16:28} And Moses said: “By this shall you know that the Lord has sent me to do all that you discern, and that I have not brought these things out of my own heart:
{16:29} If these men pass away by the common death of men, or if they will be visited by a scourge, of a kind by which others are often visited, then the Lord did not send me.
{16:30} But if the Lord accomplishes something new, so that the earth opens its mouth and swallows them whole, along with everything that belongs to them, and they descend alive into the underworld, then you shall know that they have blasphemed the Lord.”

The tribulation is something new. It is not ordinary natural disasters. It is not the ordinary events of human history, even if these are harmful.
Old 22nd February 2011, 05:25 PM
Administrator

I've changed the Coffee House forum description to limit it to religious topics. I had forgotten that I said that forum could be for 'any topic'.
Old 2nd April 2011, 06:05 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Therese

I agree with the changes/guidelines for what constitutes an appropriate topic in this forum