CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Practical Preparations
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2nd April 2011, 08:26 PM
Administrator

Chapter 3, simply titled 'Food' is about dealing with food shortages, rationing, and famine during the tribulation.

On the subject of food storage, many sources recommend storing every kind of food, all the ingredients needed for every meal, and special meals designed for storage. This approach is expensive and requires a large amount of storage space. It is impractical.

My approach is to focus stored foods on the three macronutrients: fat, protein, carbs. In this way, you can store a relatively modest amount of food, without much storage space, and still provide most of your nutritional needs. Then if you also have a good-sized garden, you can grow some fruits and vegetables to make your meals more palatable and more nutritious. I also consider that even during difficult times people will still buy some foods, especially perishables. Store some food; grow some food; buy some food.

This chapter is long and has much detailed research on which foods are the best for storage, how to store them, and on which foods to grow. It includes lists of foods that are best for storage, some foods to avoid storing, and much nutritional information.

But I want to emphasize that I don't think people need to start storing food just yet. The famine doesn't begin until mid 2013, though there will be various problems beforehand, such as higher prices and distribution problems.
Old 5th April 2011, 05:52 PM
Administrator

Apocalypse Survival Guide for Christians
Chapter 4 'Water'

Book excerpt:

"Consider the relatively ordinary natural disaster (which was not a part of the Apocalypse) that occurred on 11 March 2011 in Japan: an earthquake followed by a tsunami. Over a million persons lost electrical power and running water. The local stores quickly ran out of food and closed. Fuel suddenly became scarce. A large portion of a first world nation with a well-developed technological society suddenly became like a third world nation. Take away electrical power, running water, food, fuel and local commerce and any area suddenly becomes destitute. Now consider that the events of the Apocalypse are much greater, and affect a much larger area. People will need to have their own sources of food and water and other supplies, or they will have none."

There will be intermittent problems with the water supply throughout the first part of the tribulation. But the most severe problem with water occurs in the mid to late 2030's:

[Revelation]
{8:10} And the third Angel sounded the trumpet. And a great star fell from heaven, burning like a torch. And it fell upon a third part of the rivers and upon the sources of water.
{8:11} And the name of the star is called Wormwood. And a third part of the waters were turned into wormwood. And many men died from the waters, because they were made bitter.

This figurative star burning like a torch is radioactive fallout from World War 4. The radioactivity results from nuclear explosions, which burn as hot as a star. And the radioactive fallout also can burn the skin, like a torch.

The word 'Chernobyl' means 'wormwood' referring to a plant that gives off a toxic compound from its roots. Radioactive fallout is toxic, like wormwood. Water that has been poisoned with wormwood is deadly, just as water that has been poisoned with radioactive fallout is deadly.
Old 28th June 2012, 01:27 PM

Default Excellent book

I just finished reading this book. Excellent!! Very detailed Ron and a great help to me. Thank you so much. Everyone should invest in a copy.
Old 28th June 2012, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapinu33 View Post
I just finished reading this book. Excellent!! Very detailed Ron and a great help to me. Thank you so much. Everyone should invest in a copy.

Thanks for your interest in my work. If you get a chance, I'd appreciate a brief review of the book at Amazon.com

I'm currently working on a book about Noah and the Flood. It is also about how to interpret passages that seem to be contrary to reason or science.
Old 28th June 2012, 04:23 PM

Just sent the review on amazon. Thanks again Ron. If any of you have read this book maybe you could also post a review on Amazon. We need to help others and Rons book is a great start to preparing for what's to come. Reviews definitely sell books.
God Bless
Old 27th July 2012, 12:41 PM

Read it while I was deployed and enjoyed it immensely. Just posted my review on amazon so I believe it should show up soon. Sorry it took so long!
Old 27th July 2012, 03:34 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the support and interest in my work, tapinu33 and Centurion.

I appreciate it.