CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholicism > Controversies about Catholicism
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 28th March 2013, 01:05 AM
Administrator

Default Condoms and the Pope

The secular media are stirring up trouble, trying to claim that Pope Francis, when he was a Cardinal, approved of using condoms to slow the spread of AIDS (HIV).

I have not seen any source in which he actually asserts such a position. But there is a difference between condoms used by a heterosexual couple, and condoms used by homosexuals. The former cannot be approved because it is a form of contraception, and intrinsically evil acts like contraception do not become moral when done with a good intention (such as to prevent disease).

The latter is not contraception, but the acts that make use of the condoms are intrinsically evil and gravely immoral. So the Church cannot cooperate with evil by encouraging the use of condoms by homosexuals, since the "use" is always immoral.

But perhaps these claims by the media will prompt a papal document on the subject. If Pope Francis is the Pope at the start of the tribulation, then he will initiate the great apostasy by requiring Catholics to believe what the Church teaches.
Old 28th March 2013, 03:43 AM

Default Married Priests

Also the secular media has reported that he might be keen on married priests. Apparently, he has referenced it to the Eastern church. I am beginning to think he is not the ulta orthodox Pope I thought him to be, no Arinze. We will see. Also I am unhappy Dolan gave communion to Joe Biden and had tea with him afterwards, I wonder how many abortions he has help facilitate in his career.
Old 28th March 2013, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
The secular media are stirring up trouble, trying to claim that Pope Francis, when he was a Cardinal, approved of using condoms to slow the spread of AIDS (HIV).

I have not seen any source in which he actually asserts such a position. But there is a difference between condoms used by a heterosexual couple, and condoms used by homosexuals. The former cannot be approved because it is a form of contraception, and intrinsically evil acts like contraception do not become moral when done with a good intention (such as to prevent disease).

The latter is not contraception, but the acts that make use of the condoms are intrinsically evil and gravely immoral. So the Church cannot cooperate with evil by encouraging the use of condoms by homosexuals, since the "use" is always immoral.

But perhaps these claims by the media will prompt a papal document on the subject. If Pope Francis is the Pope at the start of the tribulation, then he will initiate the great apostasy by requiring Catholics to believe what the Church teaches.

Ron I remember that in one of your prediction Pope Benedict had to propose that in Gerusalem be built a Mosque, A church and the Temple of the Jews. (please re quote for exact wording). On what prophecy had you based this claim? Also could it be that the reign of Pope Francis is considered in the eyes of God as an extension of Pope Benedict's reign, in that he will complete these predictions of yours and that Pope Francis and Pope Emeritus Benedict will end approximately at the same time since Pope Francis is only there to complete the work of Pope Benedict but in a style of his own ?
For this was I born, and for this came I into the world; that I should give testimony to the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice. (Jh:18:37)
Old 28th March 2013, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose View Post
Also the secular media has reported that he might be keen on married priests. Apparently, he has referenced it to the Eastern church. I am beginning to think he is not the ulta orthodox Pope I thought him to be, no Arinze. We will see. Also I am unhappy Dolan gave communion to Joe Biden and had tea with him afterwards, I wonder how many abortions he has help facilitate in his career.

I consider Cardinal Dolan to be a liberal. The secular media consider him to be conservative because of the contraception and abortion issue. But other Bishops and Cardinals are much more conservative than he is.

The Church has always had some married priests. So it is orthodox to permit some married men to become priests. What the mass media are crying for is an end to the vow of celibacy and (essentially this is their point) an end to the teachings of the Church on sexuality.
Old 28th March 2013, 11:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post
Ron I remember that in one of your prediction Pope Benedict had to propose that in Gerusalem be built a Mosque, A church and the Temple of the Jews. (please re quote for exact wording). On what prophecy had you based this claim? Also could it be that the reign of Pope Francis is considered in the eyes of God as an extension of Pope Benedict's reign, in that he will complete these predictions of yours and that Pope Francis and Pope Emeritus Benedict will end approximately at the same time since Pope Francis is only there to complete the work of Pope Benedict but in a style of his own ?

The prediction is based on Sacred Scripture, on Peter's words when the transfiguration of Jesus occurred. I interpret this as foreshadowing the Pope's words at the Warning, which I now date to early 2016. So I was simply mistaken that Pope Benedict would be Pope at the Warning.
Old 28th March 2013, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
The prediction is based on Sacred Scripture, on Peter's words when the transfiguration of Jesus occurred. I interpret this as foreshadowing the Pope's words at the Warning, which I now date to early 2016. So I was simply mistaken that Pope Benedict would be Pope at the Warning.

But does the Muslim religion really represent Eilijah ? Also was this interpretation given by some Saint/Visionary or Father of the Church or is it strictly your interpretation?
For this was I born, and for this came I into the world; that I should give testimony to the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice. (Jh:18:37)