CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholicism > Controversies about Catholicism
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 31st March 2013, 09:38 PM
Administrator

Default Cardinal Dolan: liberal Catholic

There were many voices, recently, proclaiming that Cardinal Dolan might be elected Pope. Some were saying that he should be elected Pope. They thought that Dolan was a conservative, because he was against the HHS Mandate.

But my view has been that Dolan is a liberal. Much too liberal to be Pope. He was never Papabile, because most Cardinal-electors are more conservative than he is.

Cardinal Dolan recently was interviewed for two talk shows.

Dolan Says Church Should Be More Welcoming of Gays
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/01/ny...gays.html?_r=0
Old 1st April 2013, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
There were many voices, recently, proclaiming that Cardinal Dolan might be elected Pope. Some were saying that he should be elected Pope. They thought that Dolan was a conservative, because he was against the HHS Mandate.

But my view has been that Dolan is a liberal. Much too liberal to be Pope. He was never Papabile, because most Cardinal-electors are more conservative than he is.

Cardinal Dolan recently was interviewed for two talk shows.

Dolan Says Church Should Be More Welcoming of Gays
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/01/ny...gays.html?_r=0

What Cardinal Dolan is being reported as saying - “we’ve got to do better to see that our defense of marriage is not reduced to an attack on gay people.”

and “Well, the first thing I’d say to them is: ‘I love you, too. And God loves you. And you are made in God’s image and likeness. And — and we — we want your happiness. But — and you’re entitled to friendship,’ ” Cardinal Dolan said. “But we also know that God has told us that the way to happiness, that — especially when it comes to sexual love — that is intended only for a man and woman in marriage, where children can come about naturally.”

in my opinion is nothing wrong. Actually I think Jesus always spoke with love to sinners as it is the sick who need the Doctor not those who are healthy. Therefore here I agree with the approach of Cardinal Dolan. I don't think he is being liberal in this approach. He is just being Christ Like......in my opinion of course.
For this was I born, and for this came I into the world; that I should give testimony to the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice. (Jh:18:37)