CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > FAQ about the Future
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 18th January 2014, 02:55 PM

Jerome...My sentiments exactly...I have 1 foot in the modern world and 1 foot in the preppers world...trying to time things perfectly...could get caught with my pants down...

How much prepping , how many months, how much gold/silver..how bad will it get...I have done a lot already..garden, fruit trees, hand gun, gold, dry goods, wood stove, medicines.... for at least 2 years supply...all hidden , stored in a 10 ft x 10 ft basement room....preparing for the future, and living in the present.....I still need to drill a water well ( I own a water well drilling company , so that should be easy...I am procrastinating) ....sometimes I feel foolish....sometimes I feel smart...

The stock market will crash..but whether its in 1 yr or 10 yrs is a big difference...10 yrs is a lot of time to sit on the sidelines of society...like I say, I am trying to time things perfectly...I am trying to figure out what the tell tails will be before the down turn , which I believe will result in world chaos...anybody have ideas on that...some possibilities could be the start of a war or a student loan crisis...what else?
Old 18th January 2014, 10:13 PM

What is interesting about precious metals is that the price should be continually going upwards because the US is printing money so aggressively it is deflating the value of the dollar. however, it is not. This is because of the banks manipulating the price of gold, keeping it down. This article explains it, however, not being very knowledgeable on this topic cannot guarantee this is a proper explanation. Regardless, gold seems like a real deal right now considering where it was.

The longer the market goes up or even sustains at the current levels, the worse the crash will be for the US and anyone who owns assets or debt in the US dollar.

-Jay
Old 18th January 2014, 11:02 PM

js….I agree with all you say except 1 fact…if you own debt and the interest rate is fixed…similar to a fixed interest home mortgage ….then your debt will remain the same and you will be able to pay off the loan with dollars that have become worthless…so, my economic advise would be as follows…if you have long term debt, make sure it is financed with a fixed interest rate and not adjustable( e.g. credit cards)..when the dollars become worthless or worth less, then you will be able to pay off your debt with worthless dollars( remember the photo of the guy pushing a wheelbarrow full of cash to buy 1 loaf of bread)
Old 22nd January 2014, 01:59 AM

Default i agree

i agree with U; now would be a great time to take out a student loan or a mortgage; rates are low & we know the dollar's value is very unlikely to go up