CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > General > Prayer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th March 2015, 05:05 PM
Default Prayer Request for Mary Jane Fiesta Veloso

Iíve been following the recent news of a Philippine citizen, Mary Jane Fiesta Veloso, who was arrested in Indonesia in April 2010. Sheís the single mother of two young children who had flown to Kuala Lumpur to work as a maid. Apparently, her prospective employer never showed up at the airport. Desperate to raise money for her children, she agreed to transport two suitcases to Indonesia which were filled with heroin. I donít know how aware she was of what she was carrying, but ultimately she was arrested at the airport upon arrival in Indonesia. Today she was transferred to her final holding area for execution by firing squad.

Iím deeply saddened by this story. In my heart I feel moved to pray for her and I ask for your prayers as well. Only God can judge the culpability that this young woman may have had in all this, but the death penalty is harsh for anyone, let alone a woman who may not have known what she was doing so that she could support her family.

Let us pray that the Indonesian government may show mercy toward this woman, but if it is Godís will that her earthly life shall end, may we pray for the repose of her soul.
Old 30th March 2015, 12:01 AM

How terribly sad. I'll pray for her.
Old 30th March 2015, 02:00 PM

The death penalty is unjust in this case to the point that it can well be murder.

I'll be praying for her.
John 3:27; John 15:5; Matthew 19:26